PDA

View Full Version : Board Racks/Ski Racks for New Dimension Towers

JohnnyB
03-16-2007, 06:18 PM
OK, the tower is sitting in my garage waiting for the boat to come out of hybernation. One of the drivers for getting the tower was to get skis off the floor of the boat. Several questions.....

Where's the best place to buy board/ski racks for ND Towers (I assume the NDT website)?

I like the looks of the wakeboard racks much better, will the NDT style board racks hold skis well??

My nephews are wakeboarders and an option would be to put a wakeboard rack on one side and a ski rack on the other, but it tends to make the whole thing look lopsided....thoughts?

454Barefoot
03-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I boughts Monster Tower racks and the quality is AWESOME. I have a board rack on one side and a ski on the other and once you have the racks filled with skis/boards it doesnt look bad at all in my opinion.

ilikeitglacy
03-16-2007, 07:31 PM
can't get any better than this...;)thanks to rstitson

Farmer Ted
03-16-2007, 07:58 PM
OK, the tower is sitting in my garage waiting for the boat to come out of hybernation. One of the drivers for getting the tower was to get skis off the floor of the boat. Several questions.....

Where's the best place to buy board/ski racks for ND Towers (I assume the NDT website)?

I like the looks of the wakeboard racks much better, will the NDT style board racks hold skis well??

My nephews are wakeboarders and an option would be to put a wakeboard rack on one side and a ski rack on the other, but it tends to make the whole thing look lopsided....thoughts?

I think NDT prices are hard to beat on the board racks....

$210 seams to be a decent price?

this place is pretty cheap, you get what you pay for?

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=73&cat=Board+Racks

PendO
03-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm with ted, if you have a ND tower just go thru ND to order the accessories ... you can mix and match components if you like, but it may be a slightly different finish ... I thought at one time that wakeside offered NDT accessories, but I don't see their products on that site anymore

JKTX21
03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I think the utility outweighs asthetics on this one, but that's my opinion. I have Monster Tower board racks on my boat, I'm happy with them. I think I paid $200 each.

erkoehler
03-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Call me if you want, I'll hook you up!

Footin
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Call me if you want, I'll hook you up!

Sell Erkman Sell!

Farmer Ted
03-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm with ted, if you have a ND tower just go thru ND to order the accessories ... you can mix and match components if you like, but it may be a slightly different finish ... I thought at one time that wakeside offered NDT accessories, but I don't see their products on that site anymore

Wakeside sells Extreme (XTP) which is/was the supplier for MC

I heard towers are going back to NDT for some or all new MCs...

JohnnyB
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Wakeside sells Extreme (XTP) which is/was the supplier for MC

I heard towers are going back to NDT for some or all new MCs...

Actually, I believe both are suppliers depending on model of boat in the current lineup...

HoustonAttorney
03-16-2007, 09:31 PM
I just had a new dimension tower installed on my 91 PS 190. I had two wakeboard racks installed as well. A slalom ski will not fit in the wakeboard racks. The ski is too thick.You can however put the ski on top of the rack if you go extra tight on the bungy cords. I wouldn't do that however. It looks worse to have a slalom ski on a wakeboard rack than it does to have one wakeboard rack and one slalom rack. I would order one of each. It will look fine and you will look like you know what you are doing. :) Let me see if I can find a pic of my tower set up.

cst573
03-18-2007, 09:22 PM
I just installed an NDT on my 2000 PS190 and I bought my racksfrom NDT. Look great and priced well.

Farmer Ted
03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
I just installed an NDT on my 2000 PS190 and I bought my racksfrom NDT. Look great and priced well.

did you get the lighted ski tow?

if so how is it wired?

where do the wires come out of the tower and into the boat? through the tower or did you have to drill a hole in the boat?

got a picture?

HoustonAttorney
03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
i did get the lighted ski tow. It is wired through the tower. That wire and all speaker wires come out of the tower just and down through the a single hole drilled through the bow (just in front of windshield on port side). I do have a picture but I am having trouble uploading. Email me and I will reply with some.

Farmer Ted
03-18-2007, 09:56 PM
i did get the lighted ski tow. It is wired through the tower. That wire and all speaker wires come out of the tower just and down through the a single hole drilled through the bow (just in front of windshield on port side). I do have a picture but I am having trouble uploading. Email me and I will reply with some.

pm at ya!

couldn't send an email through the system

ptrainer
03-21-2007, 12:01 PM
If I were you I would simply call ND and ask them about your options. I used to have a ND tower and talked to the owner and his son on numerous occasions. They are both very knowlegable and helpfull! They may possibly be able to make you a custom set of racks...