PDA

View Full Version : Mb Quart Stereo head

NWMC
03-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Its time to replce the receiver unit. I have read several threads about Clarion, sony, and the others, but have not heard anything about the MB Quart NRA-450. Any Suggestions would be welcome, I am also thinking about adding a Rockford Fosgate amp.

JohnnyB
03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I've seen them in the catalogs and they look interesting but I know nothing about them. When I bought my head unit last year I bought a Clarion because of their reputation.

Right now if you look on Cabelas.com they have rebuilt XMD1 head units in their bargain cave.

Happy shopping.

I'm sure others will chime in...hope someone can give us some info on M BQuart.

JBaker
03-21-2007, 10:44 AM
I don't have any personal experience with this unit, but it is not a waterproof unit like the Clarion XMD1 or current CMD4A. It would need a splash guard.

MBQuart is not really a source unit company and thus offers very limited selection of accessories for this unit. I believe there is only one wired remote available and it does not have a display; no satellite radio compatibility and you can forget about other add-ons such as a dedicated iPod interface.

bcboy
03-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Mb quart....best marine stereo I have owned...has an aux input for i pod.This stereo with jl audio speakers & sub sound great...getting harder to find....highly reccommend.

endl
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Check out the "Aquatic" line of decks. They are really cool. Stainless chassis, 5 watt output to preamp, multiple wired remote capabilites and a RF remote that floats.

iokua
03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
I've actually got two of the NRA-450 head units. One is in my boat and I put another in my FJ40 - they come with aux RCA inputs so I simply added a couple plugs on the dash to plug in my iPOD. The first one I bought on Ebay for $250 a couple years ago and the second a year later for less than $200. These head units are not made anymore - in fact there are questions about whether or not MB Quart is still in existence sine I've heard that their warehouse in Germany is closed.

I also bought a plug in CD changer off ebay for $150 - MB Quart is basically Rockford Fosgate (the CD changer is rockford fosgate and plugged right in).

The 2 reasons I bought this head unit are:

1. Coated board to protect from corrosion
2. 30 second anti skip protection (when playing a CD) - you'll have a hard time finding another head unit with this long of an anti skip feature.

Haven't had any problems with either of them so far.........plenty of power for the boat even without an amp.