PDA

View Full Version : Sad Time Around Brunswick & Glynn County Today

SkiDog
03-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Well if ya'll have been following this story, the little boy that's been missing for a week, was found today in a shallow grave near his home in Brunswick. I just saw a breaking news story on TV, after my daughter called with the news. So sad! Police have 4 people in custody at the moment, all neighbors of the kid.

http://www.thebrunswicknews.com/open_access/news/news.php

Chief
03-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I hate this shi??ty world sometimes!

trickskier
03-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I was just watching the news......very sad......

TMCNo1
03-15-2007, 07:23 PM
It's so, so sad that people can be so cruel to children.

dapicatti
03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
There is a special place in heXX for these people who torment children.
I cannot believe what people are capable of.

TMCNo1
03-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Heard on the news this evening, a 10 year old Boy Scout has turned up missing here, foul play is suspected. A Amber Alert has been posted for him and the searching has begun.

dapicatti
03-18-2007, 10:12 PM
That is just wrong.

atlfootr
03-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Well if ya'll have been following this story, the little boy that's been missing for a week, was found today in a shallow grave near his home in Brunswick. very sad, crucifi the SOB'S

atlfootr
03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
There is a special place in heXX for these people who torment children.Not to add fuel to the story, but in an unrealated incident ...
Did you hear about the Labador dog, found here in Fla w/ a garbage bag tied around it's neck?
Just let me get ahold of thoes f******s for 5 minutes :rant:

atlfootr
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
very sad, crucifi the SOB'S
Family grieves at crime scene
Sat, Mar 17, 2007
By LAUREN McCALLISTER
The Brunswick News
Something drew grandmother Sue Rodriguez to the scene of the crime Friday.
She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but she knew she needed to be there.
"We wanted to see where they found the baby," Rodriguez said, standing with her family on the side of Canal Road, behind Brunswick Golden Isles Airport.
"It's better to know. At least we don't have to wonder where he's at."
For the past week, Rodriguez has been living a nightmare.
On March 8, her grandson, Christopher Michael Barrios Jr., was allegedly snatched while playing outside his home in Canal Road Mobile Home Park.
Christopher, 6, lived with his father, Michael Barrios, in the mobile home park. Rodriguez lived in a nearby trailer, also in Canal Road Mobile Home Park.

But it wasn't easy. She didn't try to fight back tears as she explained she and the family hope that the four detained suspects – convicted sex offender George Edenfield, who police say has claimed to have killed Christopher, his mother, Peggy Edenfield, father, David Edenfield and family friend, Donald Dale, who police say have implicated themselves in hiding Christopher's body – are convicted and sentenced to death.
"We want to be there until they bring them justice," she said. "And we're hoping for the death penalty."
No homicide charges had been filed against the detainees as of Friday, although Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering has said repeatedly he expects all four will be charged with murder.
On Friday, the four were in the Glynn County Detention Center. George Edenfield is charged with violating his probation as a convicted sex offender by having contact with a person younger than 18 years old. The other three are charged with obstruction of justice, making false statements to police and concealing a death.
"They're monsters," Rodriguez said.
She wasn't the only one wanting to see justice. Michael Barrios, the father of Christopher, said during a vigil held by visitors Friday night in a vacant lot near the mobile home park that those who took his son should pay.
"I hope they are prosecuted," he said of all who are charged in connection with his son's death.
He said the persons who put his son in a trash bag and dumped his body on Canal Road are just as guilty.
"They are grown people," Michael Barrios said. "They turned their backs and let my son die. They didn't try to help him."
At the crime scene Friday, others gathered to place toy stuffed animals, candles and flowers and to pray at a makeshift memorial.
The pilgrimages to the site where Christopher was found ended at about noon Friday when Glynn County police closed that portion of Canal Road to search for more evidence.
One person who made it to the site before police cordoned off the area was Jeffrey Scott of Brunswick. Scott said he felt connected to the case after reading about it in the newspaper.
"I honestly thought they were going to find him alive," said Scott, standing across the road from the crime scene.
"We just don't have things like this happen here. No parent should have to bury their child. It should be the other way around. That's the way I look at it."
Not too far from the site, at C.B. Greer Elementary, where Christopher had attended kindergarten, you could have heard a pin drop during a school-wide moment of silence Friday morning. The mood was notably somber. Tears were shed.
"We expect some children will take it well and others will need some extra counseling," Principal Tony Ethridge said as the school day began.
The school's crisis team of guidance counselors, administrators and teachers quickly mobilized to break the news to the student body Friday morning.
An announcement was made via television to the students immediately after they had sung "My Country 'Tis of Thee."
Fifth-grader Lorena Pesca, 11, said the news of Christopher's death is hard to bear.
"I was scared and I felt bad for him and his family," Lorena said. "I have a little kindergartner who is my cousin and I'm going to be watching him closely to make sure nothing happens to him."
Reactions like Lorena's are to be expected, explained school guidance counselor Dona Barrow, on call Friday for individual counseling with grieving students.
"Physically and emotionally, it's been a very tough week for teachers and students," Barrow said. "But we've really pulled it together because we now have a responsibility to the kids. We're going to try to create as relaxed an atmosphere as possible."
Denial, grief and regression are typical in young children who are faced with a tragedy, she said.
Bed-wetting, thumb-sucking, clinging to adults and baby talk can also be expected.
"It's because they feel scared and insecure," she said.
The alleged abduction of Christopher by a convicted child molester has made parent Delta LaRoche, whose child attends C.B. Greer, look at laws concerning sexual predators in a new light.
"I wouldn't want the same thing happening to my child," LaRoche said Friday as she dropped her son, Robert, 7, off at the school. "I think the lawmakers should look at this. We need to have something positive come out of this.
"My heart really goes out to this family. I have four kids and I can't even imagine."
The school had planned to close the day with a candlelight vigil for Christopher early Friday evening.

atlfootr
03-19-2007, 11:26 AM
http://services.georgia.gov/gbi/gbisor/SexualOffenderDetails.jsp?action=SexualOffenderDet ails&sexualoffenderId=567338EB0

Sexual Offender Details

http://www.ganet.org/gbi/sorpics/567338eb0.jpg
NAME: GEORGE DAVID EDENFIELD
RACE: W
SEX: M
YEAR OF BIRTH: 1975
HEIGHT: 5'10"
WEIGHT: 150 POUNDS
HAIR COLOR: BLN
EYE COLOR: BRO
SCARS/MARKS/TATTOOS: NONE
INCARCERATED: YES
ADDRESS: ***INCARCERATED***
COUNTY: GLYNN
CITY: BRUNSWICK STATE: GA
RESIDENCE VERIFICATION DATE: 03/09/2007
ZIP: 31520
CRIME: CHILD MOLESTATION 2 CTS
CONVICTION DATE: 06/05/1997
CONVICTION STATE: GA
REGISTRATION DATE: 04/13/1998
ABSCONDER/PREDATOR: NO

SkiDog
03-19-2007, 03:42 PM
I have it on GREAT authority, that the police putthe boy and his mother in an interrogation room by themselves. They did not know that the microphone was turned on. The mother asked her son " You didn't tell the cops that we're having sex, did you?". His answer was, "no mom, I didn't, but they do know about me and daddy having sex". By the way, the two parents are BROTHER & SISTER! This kid is 32 or 33 years old, with the mentality of a 6 year old. The police also have their house under protection so nobody will come burn it down!

trickskier
03-19-2007, 04:01 PM
I have it on GREAT authority, that the police putthe boy and his mother in an interrogation room by themselves. They did not know that the microphone was turned on. The mother asked her son " You didn't tell the cops that we're having sex, did you?". His answer was, "no mom, I didn't, but they do know about me and daddy having sex". By the way, the two parents are BROTHER & SISTER! This kid is 32 or 33 years old, with the mentality of a 6 year old. The police also have their house under protection so nobody will come burn it down!
Sad thing is the kid doesn't know any better.
The parents on the other hand are SICK-O's