PDA

View Full Version : Ho Cdx

tappskier
03-15-2007, 06:05 PM
I see that Wileys is having another run of HO CDX's made,,,,,,2 years ago they had 400 made and now again,, what makes this ski so popular and how does it compare performance wise to the new skiis????

east tx skier
03-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I see that Wileys is having another run of HO CDX's made,,,,,,2 years ago they had 400 made and now again,, what makes this ski so popular and how does it compare performance wise to the new skiis????

They're great skis. Very predicable. I just picked up a used 2002 CDX for my wife to try. I have one of the 2004 runs that I used to ski on. As for comparing them to the new skis, they aren't nearly as quick as the monza. But great nonetheless.

MYMC
03-15-2007, 07:18 PM
I hated it, and couldn't run any rope length on it consistantly.

The ski favors old school body position and technique (tail heavy, etc..). The ski has a very small flat spot and a ton of rocker (the rocker makes this ski turn), it is much slower than modern high end skis (due to the rocker line) and requires testing of the flex pattern to make sure you get what will work for you. Other than that I agree with everything East said...;)

east tx skier
03-16-2007, 11:26 AM
I hated it, and couldn't run any rope length on it consistantly.

The ski favors old school body position and technique (tail heavy, etc..). The ski has a very small flat spot and a ton of rocker (the rocker makes this ski turn), it is much slower than modern high end skis (due to the rocker line) and requires testing of the flex pattern to make sure you get what will work for you. Other than that I agree with everything East said...;)

To add to what Mike said, once I got used to the Monza, I wasn't going back. There's a lot to be said for not having to work to set an edge.

airdrew99
03-16-2007, 11:55 AM
tappskier, I used the HO CDX for the first time in a ski school in Greenville, TX. I had never been able to ski the course until I got on the CDX. I didn't take long to become comfortable on that ski.

east tx skier
03-16-2007, 12:07 PM
tappskier, I used the HO CDX for the first time in a ski school in Greenville, TX. I had never been able to ski the course until I got on the CDX. I didn't take long to become comfortable on that ski.

That's funny, Alan Hendricks is also who recommended to me that I get the CDX. Small world.

phecksel
03-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I've been having inconsistency problems through the course. Sometimes I carve too wide a corner, and other times it snaps around the ball. 99% of the problem is my own bad habits and body position, or so I thought. A couple of friends of mine, who compete, suggested the CDX is not a consistent ski, and they both replaced their skis and said it was a huge improvement.