PDA

View Full Version : PerfectPass installation question

kman
03-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok, I have an X-10 with Mastercraft Cruise, and I've installed PerfectPass WakeboardPro. My question is what to do with the Mastercraft Cruise? Do I just disconnect the controls and plug the holes?

Thanks

rspiecha
03-15-2007, 05:56 PM
You remove flux capcitor, and attach wires to muffler bearing.

Ric
03-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Ok, I have an X-10 with Mastercraft Cruise, and I've installed PerfectPass WakeboardPro. My question is what to do with the Mastercraft Cruise? Do I just disconnect the controls and plug the holes?

Thanks what year is your x10?
I believe that the dealer disconnected nothing when he installed my perfect pass, but he did have to reflash the motor ecm in order to make it forget it had Mc cruise installed.

Mine is an 05 MCX

KnoxX2
03-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Same here! I just got my boat back from the dealer. Had to reflash ECM on motor for PP to work. One more thing you should do is get a GPS and Cal the speed on PP.

P.S. I also had MC Cruise on mine and all I did is disconect it at the display when I installed the PP.

PM me if you have any more questions.

kman
03-16-2007, 10:55 AM
It's an 05 MCX and I've had the ECM reflashed, I was just a little nervous about having both of them connected. I mean, what would happen to the computer if they both got turned on accidentally?

I'll probably go ahead and disconnect the MC just to be safe.

Thanks

Ric
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm no tech but I believe the deal was, the boat will "forget" the mc cruise upon reflash and it won't matter if you hit the buttons, but disconnecting it would work fo sho... Be careful that you don't leave the leads flailing around loose incase one of them still has 12v to it!

mc cruise was in the side panel near the clarion remote and the throttle on mine and they had to replace that panel for me for a different reason and iirc, the mc cruise switch is tied up back behind my new panel (still connected) fwiw.