PDA

View Full Version : Woohooo! Im going to Talledega!

Mikey
03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Just got my tickets today. I wonder if Ricky Bobby will be there? Any other TT members going to be at the race?

JKTX21
03-14-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm done with Nascar events (unless of course I can chopper in and hang out in the suites). I do enjoy going to the IRL and CART events here in Fort Worth though.

shepherd
03-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I went there once. Bring some binoculars. That place is huge.
Have fun!

trickskier
03-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I have tickets but I haven't made up my mind if I'm going yet.......CSM is 2 weeks after that.........If you've never been PM me with a phone number and I'll give you some tips on how to get in and out of the track. Other wise you will be sitting in traffic for HOURS after the race is over.

TMCNo1
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Talladaga would be a perfect place for a ski lake, like Lake Lloyd in the Daytona infield, but constructed with turn islands. Could be used as a tournament/Pro Tour Event lake when they are not racing and for demo purposed like Daytona for the spectators and TV viewing audiences.

trickskier
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Do you know why Lake Lloyd is there???

shepherd
03-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Do you know why Lake Lloyd is there???

Wasn't that the hole that was left over after they dug out the dirt to use for the banked turns?

Do you know why Darlington has that unique egg shape?

trickskier
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
Wasn't that the hole that was left over after they dug out the dirt to use for the banked turns?

Do you know why Darlington has that unique egg shape?
Correct.....Lake Lloyd is actually a borrow pit that was used to construct the high banked turns.

Yes, There is a catfish farm that the owner of the land would not sell. So the result was to tighten the turn.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Rock on Mikey! have a great time!:)

shepherd
03-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I heard a similar story, but the one I heard (probably from Benny Parsons on TV) is that the guy who owned the property and built the track liked to fish in that lake. So he tightened those turns to save his pond.
Makes for a better story IMO, though yours is probably more accurate.

trickskier
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I heard a similar story, but the one I heard (probably from Benny Parsons on TV) is that the guy who owned the property and built the track liked to fish in that lake. So he tightened those turns to save his pond.
Makes for a better story IMO, though yours is probably more accurate.
LOL.......I believe I've heard both...........The fact is it was the catfish pond that caused the egg-shape. Kyle Petty said it best when he said they should fill the whole track with water and make a fishing pond out of it.................:rolleyes: