PDA

View Full Version : Finished!!!!

ksmaristar91
03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Here is the cupholder ready to go to the upholster to meet the rest of the boat tommorow. I dont know if you can tell from the pics but the shower controls and vents are flushed and will fit better when the vinyl is on. Let me know what you think.......

trickskier
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Extremely nice work...........Congratulations!!!

TMCNo1
03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Sweet work and please continue to post pics!

Matt L.
03-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Finished! I think not! Now you can start on mine. 1990 240sc, but has the exact same crappy original design as your original. Your before pics made me think you were in my garage taking pics when I saw the pieces of your old one sitting there.

So you used the old one to get the basic rough mold. Then built up from there and shaped to the right profile and added the new trim?

I'm going to start on mine this weekend. RDO (Regular day off) on Friday. Get to "Work" an airshow on Saturday!

Sweeet work, I'll be posting questions as I encounter problems.

where didi you get the new trim stuff?

Later,

Matt

WAT8415
03-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Looks great, so did you make a new one or is that your old one?

chudson
03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Hey Kansas great job!!! It looks better everytime!!!

ksmaristar91
03-15-2007, 09:51 AM
That one is totally from scratch, other than the mold. I did use the old one, i put tape over the top, and then pieced the back together the best i could, sprayed PAM on the tape, then resin, then matt, repeat, until it was strong enough to take the old one out from behind. Then i reinforced the back with kitty hair, a fiberglass with matt already in it type of filler. then glazing putty on the front. The two vents are from West Marine, and are 3 1/4" vents, the shower controls in the middle i made from a piece of 1/4" alluminum, its not done yet but is ready for the upholstrey guy. Shoot me any q's. Also did another thread called "check this out" for the begining of it....
The new one is about 1/2 bigger all the way around but wont matter will still fit just fine.