PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter brought this Home.....

Mag_Red
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
She found this little gal in the middle of a busy intersetion shaking like a leaf. While placing lost and found posters she discovered that the dog was abandoned my it's owner at a convenient store. Any one want a sweet little dog?? They named her Cup Cake:rolleyes:

Leroy
03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
THat is a shame, really nice looking dog, I'm sure you will be happy with her!

I do have to admire your daughter for having the responsibility to take care of this poor dog on the street. WHile having an extra dog can be a problem, she did the right thing!

Mag_Red
03-13-2007, 11:22 PM
THat is a shame, really nice looking dog, I'm sure you will be happy with her!

I do have to admire your daughter for having the responsibility to take care of this poor dog on the street. WHile having an extra dog can be a problem, she did the right thing!
Oh no I won't8p I feel bad and all for the dog.....but I'm not one to have a dog......too much like having another kid...and mine is about out of the house now:D

betsy&david Harrison
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Awww Mag! Take a deep look into those dark brown eyes....you will fall in love all over again:D

Leroy
03-13-2007, 11:28 PM
My wife would say perfect timing, kid leaves, now is when you need a dog! THat is what our dog is for. When Jason leaves this fall Cocoa will get so much more attention she won't know what to do.

Mag_Red
03-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Awww Mag! Take a deep look into those dark brown eyes....you will fall in love all over again:DI have always been partial to blondes;)

Good news! Sent an e-mail to a Chuhuahua Resue organization.....they already contacted me........and they are going to have a foster family in Cincinnati contact me tomorrow.

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 12:09 AM
ok......now the dog is sitting in my lap:rolleyes:

kycat2007
03-14-2007, 12:34 AM
she is getting ready for magmania

jimmer2880
03-14-2007, 07:05 AM
Cute looking dog. I sure wish I could take her for you. Wife & I want another, but not until next spring (need to wait for our youngest daughter to get just a little bit older).

It sounds like she'll end up with a good home anyway.

dapicatti
03-14-2007, 07:09 AM
That dog is saying- take me out with you anywhere...in the car, in the boat, in the truck. She looks like a keeper to me!

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 07:37 AM
That dog is saying- take me out with you anywhere...in the car, in the boat, in the truck. She looks like a keeper to me!You're telling me........I went to bed last night and she kept whinning by the bed and pacing around the floor:rolleyes: I finally had to let her up so I could get some sleep. Found her this morning, curled up on the pillow, with her nose tucked under my neck.

H20skeefreek
03-14-2007, 07:49 AM
You're telling me........I went to bed last night and she kept whinning by the bed and pacing around the floor:rolleyes: I finally had to let her up so I could get some sleep. Found her this morning, curled up on the pillow, with her nose tucked under my neck.
Mag, you've been adopted.

sizzler
03-14-2007, 07:49 AM
cute.......hahahahah

have you guys changed your clocks

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Mag, you've been adopted.not this guy! My little friend left some surprises by the front door:rolleyes: looked like little Hersey Kiss's...........but I assure you they weren't.:D Mind you, this is right after I took her outside for 5 minutes:rolleyes:

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
And let me ask this before Atlfooter does.................I wonder if she can swim?????:D

André
03-14-2007, 08:08 AM
After loosing your cat last week,by the way sorry about your cat,i think the dog found by your daughter is not coincidence Mag.
Keep the dog ,you'll never regret it!!!

Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!:)

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 08:12 AM
After loosing your cat last week,by the way sorry about your cat,i think the dog found by your daughter is not coincidence Mag.

Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!:) Thanks for the vote of confidence Andre', but I keep telling you guys............I'm not a dog person.......I'm not good with things depending on me...........like wives for instance.......but she is much nicer than my ex-wife:D

chudson
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
You're telling me........I went to bed last night and she kept whinning by the bed and pacing around the floor:rolleyes: I finally had to let her up so I could get some sleep. Found her this morning, curled up on the pillow, with her nose tucked under my neck.

Your done for man, go buy some dog food you know you want too!!!:D :rolleyes:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Andre', but I keep telling you guys............I'm not a dog person.......I'm not good with things depending on me...........like wives for instance.......but she is much nicer than my ex-wife:D
are you saying your ex-wife left surprizes by your front door too?

Hey Mag.....I bet Renee likes cute little doggies like that around the house.:D Maybe you should keep it. You could bring it out on Cumberland to show Renee next summer. :cool:

Sodar
03-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Geez you guys, leave Bob alone!! He doesn't want a dog....... :D

I know how ya feel there Mag, I lost my dog last year to cancer, and I truly loved her, but I must admit, it is nice to be free! I think that dogs are worse than relationships, at least the female gender does not need you to pick up their sh!t.... at least not in the literal sense!!! :D :D :D

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Geez you guys, leave Bob alone!! He doesn't want a dog....... :D

I know how ya feel there Mag, I lost my dog last year to cancer, and I truly loved her, but I must admit, it is nice to be free! I think that dogs are worse than relationships, at least the female gender does not need you to pick up their sh!t.... at least not in the literal sense!!! :D Finally a voice of reason!:D She's heading for a chihuahua foster home later this morning. She'll be in good hands.

RexDog1
03-14-2007, 10:17 AM

Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!
Mag got a dog!:)

What he said..LOL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice dog :D 8p http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_105.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

trickskier
03-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Finally a voice of reason!:D She's heading for a chihuahua foster home later this morning. She'll be in good hands.

I have to agree with you Mag.......I love animals and we presently have a Scottish Terrier. However, if something were to happen to her, I do not want another animal in our family. Everything we do from going to the lake to vacations are planned around the dog.....:rolleyes:

shepherd
03-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Finally a voice of reason!:D She's heading for a chihuahua foster home later this morning. She'll be in good hands.

Good move Mag. She looks like a rat to me ;)
A cute rat, but a rat just the same. That said, I'm glad you found her a good home.
I'm a big dog guy myself :D .

Jwhitsett1129
03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Found this little girl shaking on the side of the road about three years ago and she has since turned into the best dog I have ever owned...

You might ought to keep your new little friend :) :)

betsy&david Harrison
03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Since you couldn't keep her Mag, I'm happy she will be in a home that will love her. Good move on your behalf. Kudos to you!!

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Since you couldn't keep her Mag, I'm happy she will be in a home that will love her. Good move on your behalf. Kudos to you!!Truth be known...........I'm a real softy:) Cup Cake is now at her new temporary home till some one adopts her. On the way there she sat in my lap and looked out my window. ( I swore I would never be one of those drivers:rolleyes: ) She started crying when I left, but I know she's in good hands.:cry:

puck_11
03-14-2007, 03:43 PM

Good call, my girlfriend has a chihuahua, looks pretty much the same. They are the neediest, whiniest, spoiled, most high maintenence dogs in the world. Some people love them. Most people prefer real dogs like golden retrievers :) Plus my gfs chiuhuahua will not socialize with other dogs, growls and snaps at them, she thinks she's tough, but at 4 and a half pounds she's not going to do much :rolleyes: And you really can't take them anywhere, as they are frightened in most siutations and in foreign places. Have I convinced everyone on this board not to get a chihuahua?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Thats a great looking golden you got there Puck11. :)

shepherd
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Yes sir. Goldens are the best dogs in the world. My next dog will be another golden retriever.

erkoehler
03-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Do goldens have alot of health issues?

shepherd
03-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Do goldens have alot of health issues?

Not really. There is a risk of hip displaysia (sp?), as with a lot of other large dog breeds. But it is detected early in life and can be corrected for a price - hip replacement surgery, I knew a dog that had it done. But it's also hereditary so you should be able to avoid it by making sure the parents never had it.

Other than that, my dog Buddy died at age 13 from cancer. :(

puck_11
03-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys, he's one of the coolest dogs I know! He's actually more my roomates dog than mine, but with both of our jobs we wouldn't be able to have a dog on our own, but together we can own one!