PDA

View Full Version : How do I take out my floor panel????????

Putter
03-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I need to get under the center panel in the floor where my ski pole is and I have no idea how to get the panel out, the passengers seat frame is part of the hull and the pole comes through a hole in the floor panel. HELP???

TMCNo1
03-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I need to get under the center panel in the floor where my ski pole is and I have no idea how to get the panel out, the passengers seat frame is part of the hull and the pole comes through a hole in the floor panel. HELP???

IIRC, take the pylon out, slide the panel forward toward the bow, lifting in the front, turn the engine end toward the observer seat (port side)once past the seat base, lift and pull out thru the seatback/seat base hole.

Putter
03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Excuse my stupidity but it appears that the pole looks like its bolted to the floor then two u bolts wrapped in opposite directions. just unbolt it all and it will slide up through the hole?

TMCNo1
03-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Excuse my stupidity but it appears that the pole looks like its bolted to the floor then two u bolts wrapped in opposite directions. just unbolt it all and it will slide up through the hole?

PM back to you!

Putter, one u-bolt should be on or near the bilge floor to hold the pylon base and one on the crossmember under the floorboard.

Putter
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
perfect thanks!

M-Funf
03-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Geez, I took that floor panel out on my '76 last summer. What a PITA. I removed the driver's seat and the base of the observers seat. Then I unscrewed the floor panel, lifted it up just a bit, and turned it so I had access to the underside (replacing the bilge pump). Then I put it all back together...Not fun :noface:

Putter
03-16-2007, 11:41 AM
I figured it out... Just cut out the battery box and replace it with a new access panel, then relocate the battery and add a second one for the stereo thats going in the boat! Easy enough, now I just have to figure out where to put the two batteries instead of just one