PDA

View Full Version : 2007 upholstery question

rstitson
03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Just got done inspection of our new x-15, will be more than a month to ice out and test ride, I noticed something about the upholstrey I hadn't in the past. In the inside corners on the back to side seats the vinal is just stretched around the inside corner with no backing. When you push directly on it, it is obvious and really gives, but you never push against it when seated in the corner. Looks great but seems a bit flimsy. Does anyone know how it holds up over time? Does it stretch out and sag? I have wondered if that is the way it is supposed to be, the mechanic said they are all like that. I also wonder if I should back it up with something assuming I could get access. If asked before I knew I would have expected that there would have been a formed backing for the corner. Does anyone have experience with this and what are your opinons of the construction/design.

atlfootr
03-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Just got done inspection of our new x-15, I noticed something about the upholsetry
Does anyone have experience with this and what are your opinons of the construction/design.You should check w/ (Jim, THE MAN) "theupholsteryguy" and ask him ....
he's been doing seats and has nearly 15 yrs expericence! :D

Mag_Red
03-14-2007, 12:12 AM
You should check w/ (Jim, THE MAN) "theupholsteryguy" and ask him ....
he's been doing seats and has nearly 15 yrs expericence! :Ddo you get a commission every time you mention his name?:D

rodltg2
03-14-2007, 12:40 AM
dont know about your specific situation, but mc upholstery is top notch when compared. ive had many others including 3 prostars. seem to always clean up and last. if that helps....

erkoehler
03-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Honestly, I have read your post 3 times, and I am confused as to what cushion your talking about.

east tx skier
03-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Honestly, I have read your post 3 times, and I am confused as to what cushion your talking about.

I'm lost, too. Any pictures?

erkoehler
03-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Which cushion is it:

rstitson
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry about the confusion. I'll try again. Sitting in the backup seat on either the drivers or passenger side. Not the seat cushion but the back rest where it curves to the side bench seats. the point of the blue accents in the picture go directly to the inside corner.

rstitson
03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
Sorry about the confusion. I'll try again. Sitting in the back seat on either the drivers or passenger side. Not the seat cushion but the back rest where it curves to the side bench seats. the point of the blue accents in the picture go directly to the inside corner. Edited backup to back seat

east tx skier
03-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I gotcha. My boat has a similar feel in the curve of the seat. Original vinyl is fine going into its 14th year of service.

rstitson
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
thanks east tx. Seem like just leave it alone a be happy, especially since it has been working. This is our first boat with wrap around seating. One of the reasons we went with mastercraft was the quality and feel of the upholstery

Jet
03-15-2007, 08:33 AM
rstitson,

Do you plan on sharing pics of your new acquisition ?

I am very curious as I will take delivery in May of an X-15.

Please let me know.

atlfootr
03-15-2007, 09:29 AM
do you get a commission every time you mention his name?:DUnfortunately no, I wish I did. He performed a fantastic job re-doing my seats that I felt sucha a need to share his Xpertice, Knowledge and LOW LOW Pricing.

W / the best of intentions, I'm just trying to SAVE all these guy's on the board both TIME and $$$$$ searching for skins, whether they be a newly set of replacements or not.
I wish they'd realize what a huge savings they'd be making, if they went through "theupholsteryguy" instead.
So there, I said it 8p

rstitson
03-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Will get some pictures up shortly(day or two). Still in the camera taken in the dusk. Be interesting to hear reaction as we went with almost no decals.