PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Winter Vacation

lawless1
03-13-2007, 02:45 PM
The wife and I are trying to plan next year's winter vacation (late Jan/early Feb 2008). Been to Puerto Villarta, Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa del Carmen.

We prefer the warm/blue Caribbean waters. Looking at Isla Mujeres, Tulum/Akumal, Costa Rica, and some of the Caribbean islands.

We enjoy the ocean and prefer smaller hotels over the all-inclusive resorts and price is a consideration.

Suggestions/thoughts?

pq2
03-13-2007, 02:55 PM
If for some reason you want to come to cancun again, let me know, I can take you to ski.

lawless1
03-13-2007, 03:08 PM
If for some reason you want to come to cancun again, let me know, I can take you to ski.

Thanks for the offer and I will take you up on it if we head your direction. We haven't been back to PDC since the cruise ship dock went in - has that affected the town that much? We also heard PDC got a lot more expensive.

Second question - we started with looking at Isla Mujeres - any thoughts or do you know anything about the island?

pq2
03-13-2007, 03:41 PM
There are nice hoteles in Isla Mujeres, I love that place. Check at Avalon Resorts, they have a nice hotel there. Also there are some small luxory hotels like Rolandis, and Casa del Mar. The beach at the north side of the island is amazing.

lawless1
03-21-2007, 08:19 PM
There are nice hoteles in Isla Mujeres, I love that place. Check at Avalon Resorts, they have a nice hotel there. Also there are some small luxory hotels like Rolandis, and Casa del Mar. The beach at the north side of the island is amazing.

Looks like we are going to Isla Mujeres. The Rolandis looks very nice but more than we are planning to spend per night on hotel (want to stay under $200/night). I couldn't find a website for Casa del Mar for Isla Mujeres.

I may take you up on the ski offer - along ways off though. Vacationing Feb 9th - 18th.

I'll be hitting you up for additional advice again once we narrow our hotel selections down.

BrianM
03-22-2007, 09:39 AM
How about Belize? Get out of Mexico this trip. Lots more to do there than Isla but still very laid back. I just got back from my second trip in 10 months to Ambergris Caye. Great place with almost all small hotels (most less than 20 rooms) Both times we stayed in rooms for less than $200 a night. First time the room was like a large studio apartment with a full kitchen and dining area, ocean front with a balcony and it cost about $165 a night. The place we just stayed at was a more traditional room that still had a mini fridge again ocean front with a balcony for $105 a night. Awesome food in Belize and great beer as a bonus.