PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Steps Up - Again!

jeffrpod
03-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Often times you only hear about bad things so I wanted to post a thread to communicate the positive experience I recently had with MasterCraft.

I wanted to tell everyone that MasterCraft stepped it up again! Last year I purchased a 2006 X2 (which was as close to perfect as any man-made thing could be). There were a couple minor issues that I had difficulty correcting through my dealer. I won't get into particulars, but MasterCraft went above and beyond to make me (and many other MC boat owners) very happy.

MasterCraft has proven itself to me to be far and away the best company I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. If it were a publicly traded company I would invest every penny I had in it.

Signed,
A Very Happy MasterCraft Owner!

PendO
03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
so you got the following fixed:

lights
kick pannel
dash rattle
perfect pass
glue on tower
drivers seat will stay locked in position
cover doesn't leak water

???

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/search.php?searchid=678067

CottagerGreg
03-12-2007, 10:55 PM
hahaha

cover doesn't leak water

now that would be a gift from the god's!!

You mean water won't pool and drip through the cover onto the seat?

Leroy
03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
That is great to hear!

A good news flash!

dapicatti
03-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Glad to hear that they were able to resolve your issues.

jeffrpod
03-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Pendo - that's impressive, how did you know all my issues?

No, not all issues are not resolved, but we are making progress and that's all I can ask for.

Here's the breakdown:
Hope to resolve the PP issue with a ground this spring.
Lights were fixed this summer.
Got the glue off the tower with 3M cleaner.
Keeping my fingers crossed that the new cover won't leak.
Stopped the dash rattle with cardboard.
Hope to fix the loose kick panel by taking the speaker out and reattaching the panel to fiberglass.

Noticed that MC made a few minor by nice improvements to the X2 in 07. Bigger cleats, easier to access impeller (no more cross muffler thingy). However, can't say I like the new tower design or the new driver's seat design.

jeffrpod
03-13-2007, 12:16 AM

No, not all issues are not resolved, but we are making progress and that's all I can ask for.

Here's the breakdown:
Hope to resolve the PP issue with a ground this spring.
Lights were fixed this summer.
Got the glue off the tower with 3M cleaner.
Stopped the dash rattle with cardboard.
Hope to fix the loose kick panel by taking the speaker out and reattaching the panel to fiberglass.

Noticed that MC made a few minor by nice improvements to the X2 in 07. Bigger cleats, easier to access impeller (no more cross muffler thingy). However, can't say I like the new tower design or the new driver's seat design.

jeffrpod
03-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Almost forgot that the "non-locking seat" is still a problem. I'll be pretty upset if I don't get that one straighten out. All things considered, I'm still very happy that MC is doing everything I think is reasonable to help me out.

PendO
03-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Jeff, I hacked into your computer:) [okay, I just looked up your first posts on TT and added them up] ... glad to hear that they are helping you out ... I think it helps to hear from people about their problems and the progress of solutions ... it is unfortunate that you have had to go thru corporate to get your issues resolved ... as for the sliding seat, kick pannel, rattling dash, and PP issue - don't settle for anything less than perfection ... the unfortunate part is that if your boat came from Tampa, Charlotte, or Chicago - your issues would all be resolved

Doug G
03-13-2007, 02:03 AM

New cover... Was that a warranty item?

Sincerly,
Pourus Ponding Puddles in Podunk

the legend
03-13-2007, 02:13 AM
that is a great compliment, thats why we are here. let any of us know if we can help w/ any unresolved issues. this was supposed to be a response to pendo.

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 02:16 AM
that is a great compliment, thats why we are here. let any of us know if we can help w/ any unresolved issues. this was supposed to be a response to pendo.

Shouldn't you be studying for class tomorrow?:mad: Get off your new web page, and go to bed:D

the legend
03-13-2007, 02:26 AM
I did my homework after class, it was all review, im on top of it. go ahead, ask me something punk!

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 02:29 AM
I did my homework after class, it was all review, im on top of it. go ahead, ask me something punk!

Oh, Laurie said there is a RiverView mechanic down there as well.....did you find him?

the legend
03-13-2007, 02:30 AM
they have mechanics? jk no i havent met him yet.

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 02:36 AM
Easy, easy..... :) Don't bite the hand that feeds you!:D

the legend
03-13-2007, 02:40 AM
listen,i feed me, their just lucky they get to pay me.Easy, easy..... :) Don't bite the hand that feeds you!:D

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 02:42 AM
i feed me, their just lucky they get to pay me.

Well, if you want to get technical, Misty feeds you......you just supply the paycheck :)

Depending on the latest "business venture" she may just pass you right up!:D

the legend
03-13-2007, 02:48 AM
and she feeds me good!Well, if you want to get technical, Misty feeds you......you just supply the paycheck :)

Depending on the latest "business venture" she may just pass you right up!:D

MYMC
03-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Jeff, I hacked into your computer:) [okay, I just looked up your first posts on TT and added them up] ... glad to hear that they are helping you out ... I think it helps to hear from people about their problems and the progress of solutions ... it is unfortunate that you have had to go thru corporate to get your issues resolved ... as for the sliding seat, kick pannel, rattling dash, and PP issue - don't settle for anything less than perfection ... the unfortunate part is that if your boat came from Tampa, Charlotte, or Chicago - your issues would all be resolved
Thanks for the compliment...I'd feel better if I knew we lived up to those words 100% of the time, but I am confident that with the new people I've added we'll make progress towards that goal.

Thanks again.

trickskier
03-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Glad to see a positive post........While MasterCraft can't solve every problem, I do believe they make a conscience effort to solve anything that is practical.

ecelis
03-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Having no problems is even better than trying to get them fixed...

Our boat just passed its first birthday, 220 hours; NO problems.

The trailer is not holding up nearly as well, but our dealer fixes it everytime we go in for service. No big things, but compared to the boat it is not perfect.