PDA

View Full Version : MC Survey

ProTour X9
03-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I got a MasterCraft survey the other day asking about the boat and the dealer, how satisfied we are, and that sort of stuff. I was HONEST on the whole thing, and didn't put all "extremely satisfied"s just to help MC get second to CorrectCraft. The only real problem was the dealers 'far away' location.

P.S. We're picking up our boat tommorow!:D

PendO
03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
I got a MasterCraft survey the other day asking about the boat and the dealer, how satisfied we are, and that sort of stuff. I was HONEST on the whole thing, and didn't put all "extremely satisfied"s just to help MC get second to CorrectCraft. The only real problem was the dealers 'far away' location.

P.S. We're picking up our boat tommorow!:D

If this was the MC survey (and not the JD power survey) then your survey is just for internal MC use ... so don't be suprised that your local dealer will soon find out that you were not "extremely satisfied" as I belive MC shares the results of those surveys with their dealers so that they know how to make improvements.

ProTour X9
03-12-2007, 08:01 PM
OH I wasn't sure what it was for, I did put 95% extremely satisified though (the truth!)

ProTour X9
03-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Well there goes this thread!!:shocked: :firejump: :jumping: :jumping:

erkoehler
03-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Yep, the dealers gonna find out and go through the roof:D

ProTour X9
03-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey as long as I got a great deal Im fine :D
I just gave them a 3/4 on one thing thats it

erkoehler
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM

You've got nothing to worry about.

Chief
03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
I never received a survey. Damn MYMC how am I going to tell them how satisfied I am?

Jim@BAWS
03-12-2007, 09:35 PM

It is really unfortuante that you feel that it is the dealers fault that he is TO FAR away. What is TO FAR AWAY? Did the dealer make you mad in someway? Did he not take care of you? You did purchase from him/her, so you mist be happy. Please notice I DID NOT even bring the product into the picture. MC CANNOT be be on every corner.

It really confuses me sometimes. I moved 3 miles...3 miles south from our OLD location and customers think that we are SO MUCH closer 3miles and only 5 minutes.

I am looking for your opinion so we can do better as dealers...not starting an arguement

Jim@BAWS

east tx skier
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I can only speak for me. I don't have a MC dealer within 100 miles of me. Toooooo far.

IMO ;)

PendO
03-12-2007, 10:24 PM
It is really unfortuante that you feel that it is the dealers fault that he is TO FAR away. What is TO FAR AWAY? Did the dealer make you mad in someway? Did he not take care of you? You did purchase from him/her, so you mist be happy. Please notice I DID NOT even bring the product into the picture. MC CANNOT be be on every corner.

It really confuses me sometimes. I moved 3 miles...3 miles south from our OLD location and customers think that we are SO MUCH closer 3miles and only 5 minutes.

I am looking for your opinion so we can do better as dealers...not starting an arguement

Jim@BAWS

clearly the survey is not important to dealers:)

Leroy
03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I think it is simply a survey question and an answer. So now we know Protour X9 and Doug thinks their dealers are too far away. Looking at the data from that question should help MC figure out a lot.

JimN
03-12-2007, 11:09 PM
"clearly the survey is not important to dealers"

Some dealers obviously haven't received the memo but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a call from the rep to discuss the PO'd customers whose issues haven't been properly addressed and/or resolved.

Low CSI (the index, not the TV show) is cause for MC to lower the warranty pay scale, along with not having the tech(s) keeping up to date with the technical training.

cmack
03-12-2007, 11:25 PM
ProTour X9 -- Congrats on the new boats! I could hardly sleep the night before. Have Fun

shepherd
03-12-2007, 11:28 PM
I can only speak for me. I don't have a MC dealer within 100 miles of me. Toooooo far.

Same here! :mad:
I am extremely dissatisfied!

erkoehler
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
"clearly the survey is not important to dealers"

Some dealers obviously haven't received the memo but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a call from the rep to discuss the PO'd customers whose issues haven't been properly addressed and/or resolved.

Low CSI (the index, not the TV show) is cause for MC to lower the warranty pay scale, along with not having the tech(s) keeping up to date with the technical training.

What he said, and much much more!

I can only speak for myself and what I do for Chicago MasterCraft, but one of my goals is not only to sell you the right boat for your needs but to ensure that you are fully satisfied after you leave the dealership.

We will take you out on the water for the day, teach you to load/unload the boat, surf, wakeboard, waterski, barefoot, jump, dock your boat, back up the boat, and maintain the boat. Although we cover this all during the delivery process, we know it is alot to take in for such a short time period which is why we are willing to work with you whenever you may need it.

If you can't bring your boat in for the standard maintenance, we are more than willing to come to you and service the boat, or pickup your boat and bring it to CMC. We've had many customers negotiate this into their new boat purchase rather than haggle on price.

Remember, you not just buying the boat, your buying the dealership!

Welcome to the MasterCraft family :)

Archimedes
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
The only survey I got was from my dealer themselves, not MC, and I was very honest. There were some positives, but far more negatives and I listed out all the things that I was unhappy about in a very mature manner. After I sent it in I thought to myself, I'll bet the dealer/owner calls me to discuss my concerns. Never heard a thing.

PendO
03-13-2007, 12:03 AM
just to be clear, my statement in regard to JimN was laden with sarcasm ... I think good/great MC dealers are comitted to having CSI at 100% ... if you cannot score your dealer at 100% - let them know before hand ... for reasons that JimN pointed out, and also b/c their holdback is likely related to CSI ... Erk, sound like you have been drinkin' some coffee:)

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 12:16 AM
just to be clear, my statement in regard to JimN (Jim@Baws) was laden with sarcasm ... I think good/great MC dealers are comitted to having CSI at 100% ... if you cannot score your dealer at 100% - let them know before hand ... for reasons that JimN pointed out, and also b/c their holdback is likely related to CSI ... Erk, sound like you have been drinkin' some coffee:)

I do what I can :)

But seriously, I'd rather sell someone a bare bones 197 than a fully loaded x-45 as long as it is the right boat for their needs. What's the point of over selling someone if two months from now they are just going to be disappointted with their purchase and have it reflect negatively on the brand!

Make them a customer for life, not just a customer today!:D

PendO
03-13-2007, 12:21 AM
I do what I can :)

But seriously, I'd rather sell someone a bare bones 197 than a fully loaded x-45 as long as it is the right boat for their needs. What's the point of over selling someone if two months from now they are just going to be disappointted with their purchase and have it reflect negatively on the brand!

Make them a customer for life, not just a customer today!:D

Erk, stop with the Plagerism, I know you are reading this out of a sales instruction manual:) Good for you!

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 12:23 AM
PendO, if I can't send you a PM and I can't post it on the board....:confused:

the legend
03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
hey jim im in syracuse, have some get in for free passes. as much as i hate to have a disappointed customer, i like to know so i can call them and try to make it right. so let the rep call so i can i can make the customer experience the best possible, even after a mess up or whatever it was.

the legend
03-13-2007, 01:21 AM
its 1am here, what are you doing up?

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 01:27 AM

Putting together a group for tomorrow, we're going to go out and do some wakeboarding/barefootin/slalom ski'n :)

PendO
03-13-2007, 01:29 AM

nothing good happens on the internet after 1am:)

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 01:30 AM
nothing good happens on the internet after 1am:)

Then I've got 30 more minutes left :)

the legend
03-13-2007, 01:33 AM
shoot! its 1:30 here

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Mikey will be in control of the shop as of 1pm....Kevin and I are off to the river!

the legend
03-13-2007, 01:50 AM
what? im on my way.Mikey will be in control of the shop as of 1pm....Kevin and I are off to the river!

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 01:52 AM
what? im on my way.

2pm in St. Charles, the ice is out down there! :)

We're going to take that nice clean white X-15 out :D

No, I think Kevin may pull either an x-1 or 197 down to the river. We have about 8 people coming out!