PDA

View Full Version : Poli Glow

SDAhockey21
03-12-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.poliglow-int.com/poliglow.phtml

I saw this and after seeing all the treads about waxing about how hard it is to stop oxidation from coming back this almost seems too easy.... And the fact that no one is talking about it probably means that is doesn't work. But it does have a "RETURN POLICY - If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply return product for a full refund less shipping and handling within 12 months."
Maybe that means it will totally crap up after 13 months.... who knows???

Make sure you click on the video before the lady stops talking or else you have to delete your cookies and refreash the page.....

It was on ship shape tv.... Maybe it does work?

-Sam

Oh and Here is a picture from their website

http://www.poliglow-int.com/images/pics/redBoat_B4After.jpg

SDAhockey21
03-12-2007, 10:21 PM
? nobody ?

Sodar
03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I have seen it used on a few boats prior to sale. Unfortunately, it is not the cure-all that is depicted on the website. The stuff begins to chip and peel like unfinished varnish. I have also hear that waterspots etch holes in the coating and if you try to polish the spot off, you need to reapply, because the polish will cut through it...

Leroy
03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Sounds pretty neat. I looked at the internet chatter and generally people are very happy with it, easy to use and seems to last several years.

H20skeefreek
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
looks great to sell it, it's a pain when you have to reapply b/c it's chipped off, you have to remove it ALL!

workless
04-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I have it on a '87 green strip above and below the rubrail that was always oxidized. Just put it on last year and it was perfect all summer - zero oxidation. They suggest to re-apply once a year and yes its almost exactly like a varnish and I suggest wet sanding the first time before you apply at least 6-10 coats. Like varnish watch the bubbles! I'm now a slave to the shine.