PDA

View Full Version : Flush Pro Leaking....

Gixxer
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I installed my flush pro over the weekend and it seams to have a continuous leak (fast paced drip, small stream) from the water hose fitting. It continued leaking for a good while after i disconnected the water hose. Is this normal?

maristarman
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't think so.

I installed mine 4 years ago and haven't had any leaks at all.

Sodar
03-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I installed my flush pro over the weekend and it seams to have a continuous leak (fast paced drip, small stream) from the water hose fitting. It continued leaking for a good while after i disconnected the water hose. Is this normal?

I would check for two things... first that there is an O-ring in the cap that goes on the hose fitting and second that the black peice that you install to allow the motor to suck up low pressure liquids is not installed in hose fitting, stopping the check valve from closing.

** The black peice I am talking about is the cylindrical peice attached to the cap**
http://www.skidim.com/images/43092.jpg

Ric
03-12-2007, 03:14 PM
no that is not normal

it should never leak a drop
sodar makes some good points regarding places to begin looking

are you confident that you hooked the end lines cleanly and that one of those connections is not the source of your leak? since you just installed it, is it new? if so, it's possible you got a bad one and need to replace it...

trickskier
03-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I had one on my old ProStar and it did not leak anywhere. Sounds like yours is defective.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-12-2007, 06:08 PM
When I put mine in last winter the salesman told me to double up the hose clamps on both sides due to alot of pressure at those particular spots. Just took it out this weekend and all was well with no leaks.

Chief
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM

There is a check valve so to say on the hose connection to keep water from trying to flow backwards through water hose connection when motor is running. May have some garbage of sorts in it preventing it from sealing.

Bruce
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Just installed mine. Leaked at first where hose connects. (i.e brass to plastic) I used a simple in line hose valve (which is plastic) to connect to flush pro i.e. plastic to plastic viola problem solved. Now that is connected to short piece of hose with fitting on end to connect to water hose. This way I don't have to undo and redo at flush pro each time. Also I don't need thru hull fitting. I routed the whip hose to convient place ans I am set to go. By the way I installed a sherwood water strainer at the same time.

Bruce
03-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Forgot to mention that simple in line valve allows me to control water from inside the boat without getting in and out. Also I can start with slow flow (as they suggest) and then open valve all the way when engine is cranked. Hope this helps. It works great!

Gixxer
03-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Mine was leaking from where the plastic FlushP male water hose fitting inserts into the FlushP plastic housing on the actual flush pro. Ill call Perko today and see if they have ever seen this problem.

Gixxer
03-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Anyone have a pic of their 197 install. I would be interested to see how someone else cut it into the intake hose. It was a semi tight space to work with.