PDA

View Full Version : Quick iPod Question

BoulderX45
03-11-2007, 11:54 PM
I have a ipod jack on my CMD4 (came stock on 06 X45) and it only has sound out of the right side speakers. I can hear faint sound from the left side speakers. The tower is down so those speakers are not plugged in. If I put a CD in or play a FM station, they work fine. I tried adjusting everything at the head unit. I even tried to play with the settings on the ipod. The cable plugged into the ipod jack is a RCA cable with two rings on it just like my head phones. Any ideas on the cause of faint sound out of the left side speakers?
Thanks,
BoulderX45

cbryan70
03-11-2007, 11:58 PM
my guess would be either one of the rca's isnt working properly or it is a bad connection to the ipod.. i am running my ipod strait through the amp. make sure your ipod is set on both speakers and not just the left side..im sure you have done that but check again...sorry this isnt so helpful but hope it works!

PendO
03-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I have a ipod jack on my CMD4 (came stock on 06 X45) and it only has sound out of the right side speakers. I can hear faint sound from the left side speakers. The tower is down so those speakers are not plugged in. If I put a CD in or play a FM station, they work fine. I tried adjusting everything at the head unit. I even tried to play with the settings on the ipod. The cable plugged into the ipod jack is a RCA cable with two rings on it just like my head phones. Any ideas on the cause of faint sound out of the left side speakers?
Thanks,
BoulderX45

How are the speakers wired to the AMP? Which Channel? (you have tower speakers so I am guessing you are using the pre-outs on one amp to go into ch 1 & 2 on a second amp?)

Can you hear the radio/CD player out of the speakers on the left?

I'm guessing you have the e4300M amp like myself ... I would start with looking to see what is plugged in from the deck to the amp(s) ... i.e. are you plugged into preamp channels 1 & 2 only, or also 3 &4 on the amp ... the deck has 6-channel rca output (front/rear/non-fade) .... so, ideally you have 2 rca cables from the deck to the amp, 1 for the front into channels 1 and 2, and 1 from the rear into 3 & 4 on the amp ... you can do it with one cable, but you are unable to control front/rear sound from the deck ... so, if you have two cable to the amp make sure you have the switch in the correct position (on the amp) where it says "CH3&4 Input from" - you will want it switched to discrete

*** an easy way to test it would be to plug the ipod inputs (that go into the deck) right into the first amp

BeavenX5
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
It happens to me sometime in the car when the rubber cover for the Ipod is on. The jack going out of the Ipod is not fully inserted (even if it clicks in), and I need to get the rubber cover completely out of the way.
Just a though... This would be too easy of a fix to work...

BoulderX45
03-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I disconnected the RCA AUX and hooked the ipod directly to the stereo aux out puts and it worked great. So, my problem has to be the RCA Aux cable. Does anybody know if this is a one piece cable? It goes from the stereo all the way around the bow and the aux input is next to the drivers seat. I'm wondering if it is two or three cables tied together. There might be a bad connection between the connectors.

JBaker
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
You have probably figured this out by now, but that aux input has about two feet of cable coming of the back of it so it sounds like it definitely could be an issue at the connections of the RCA extension cables.

JBaker
03-21-2007, 12:19 PM
By the way...nice lookin' Mastercraft!

rick s.
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
that ipod thing also happens to me sometimes. Then I remember to push the stereo pin all the way into the headphone jack...