PDA

View Full Version : Side Panels

Hunterb
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Hello MC folks,

I am rebuilding a 1990 PS 190 and one, of many, projects that I am working on is the side panels. I do not have the originals so I can't use them as a pattern. If there is someone out there with a 1990 PS 190 and you happen to have pictures of the side panels I would be eternally grateful if you could post them. The areas that are giving me trouble are at the back, directly if front of the rear seat where there is a small irregular shaped area that is inset from the rest of the side, and at the front, where there is a curved area near both the drivers seat and the side of the spotters seat. I would really like to see how the original set-up was done.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bruce

ski_king
01-15-2005, 10:45 PM
I do have a brochure of the 90's. There is only one photo that shows part of the side panel. I hope this helps some.

tph
01-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Maybe this will help:

Hunterb
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

The pictures will help for sure TPH. Powerslot82, I can't find any attachments, only the one picture. Maybe you can PM it to me.

Thanks again for the info.

Bruce

MarkP
01-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Maybe this will help:NNNICE 83 tph!:toast: !!

tph
01-17-2005, 09:08 PM
NNNICE 83 tph!:toast: !!

Our '83 is nice..but those pictures are of a '90 that I saw for sale @ boattrader.com. Really clean for a 15 year old MC!

MarkP
01-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Dude, I think Iím talking about your 83

tph
01-17-2005, 10:58 PM
Dude, I think Iím talking about your 83

Oh!...You were referring to our boat!......Thanks! :o

H20skeefreek
01-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Oh!...You were referring to our boat!......Thanks! :o

TPH what kind of trailer is that? looks nice.

tph
01-17-2005, 11:30 PM
TPH what kind of trailer is that? looks nice.

V&M Custom....Typical west coast trailer in the '80's

Ryan
01-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Hunterb,

Here is the wrap around by the driver's seat and a few others.

Hunterb
01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Ryan,

Thanks for the pictures !! I should help a lot as I try to figure out how to rebuild the interior of my boat.

Bruce

Lance
01-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Ryan,

Where did you get your pictures of the '87 and what do you know about the upholstery? This boat is the exact same as mine except the upholstery is in better shape. I have recently ordered new skins but hope when they come that the stripe down the engine cover goes down the middle and doesn't angle off to one side as it does in the picture you posted (the engine vent cover isn't centered on the stripe like on mine with original skins).

I guess this would still be better than beat up old upholstery but that angled stripe what drive me nuts.

Lance

Ryan
01-19-2005, 01:09 AM
As I shopped for boats (mainly on boattrader) I right-click-saved A LOT of pictures with useful info. I think the angle on that engine cover was a mistake by whoever installed the skins. The pinstriping as well as the stripe are shifted too far to port, they do not line up with the angles in the fiberglass. Note there is no spotter seat bottom nor a pylon either...details.

Unless you are doing the install yourself, I suggest you do a lot of homework on upholstry shops to have your skins installed. I don't think I'd trust my MC dealer to do it since they little in the way of that kind of work. Maybe yours would though... Just make sure they don't give you a crooked stripe! :D

Ryan
01-19-2005, 01:28 AM
:o ...mind sharing how much new skins cost?

nattylightmike
01-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Hunter,
I noticed that the pics that have been posted had the upholstry of boats earlier than a 1990 these are the only pics I have hope it helps. :toast:

Lance
01-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Ryan,

I ordered skins from Bennets (see the 'new skins' thread). I ended up ordering one full set plus an additional set for the drivers seat and observers seat. My intent is to replace those seats now and then in a few years when the rest of it looks a little worse (and I have a better facility for storing my MC) I will replace the entire lot. I believe the full set came to about $770 but was over $900 with the extra front seats.

I have had my MC for 15 years and had always told myself I would get one new MC but when it comes right down to it there is just something about the one I have that I don't really want to give it up. I am now thinking that this might be the one and only MC that I have so decided to get the skins to make it look good for the next 15 years.

Lance

Ryan
01-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Natty,

That is one clean boat! Is that the original interior or have you had it redone as well? I knew there was a clean 90 on here but could not find it.

Lance,

I tried telling my wife (and myself) that I just really like my boat. But I love that thing to some extent. Knowing mine is unique with the decals, the lift kit on the trailer, stereo, bimini and other things I've done really make it mine, ya know?

The only thing that keeps me from wanting mine forever is the fact that it's insured for $5k more than I paid, so if it gets ripped off then I get a nicer boat. Oh, and then there is that X2...the 197... the 209... all taunting me...it never ends.

Hunterb
01-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Nattylikemike,

Thanks for the pictures!! They will help a lot. I can't find anyone around here that has a 1990 PS 190 and I noticed that there a subtle differences in the interiors even with boats very close in age. Yours looks exactly like mine and will help a lot.

Thanks

Bruce

nattylightmike
01-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Ryan,
Thanks, she's my baby. Some of the upholstry is original, the back seat bottom and observer's seat bottom have been replaced and last winter I replaced the carpet.

Ski-A-Rees
01-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the pictures! I have an 89 PS 190 and my interior looks like death! It was owned by a show ski team and was just destroyed! I talked to a guy a Bay Area water Sports but he hasn't sent me a price or price list! I'm guessing he wants my pictures first!