PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sunday!!!!!!!!!??

RexDog1
03-11-2007, 11:46 AM
I woke up looked out my window……. and I saw this………..

And the Santa Ana winds are up about 15 to 25 mph
The homes most threatened are and in Anaheim Hills / Orange Hills:(

God be with the firefighters

quincyfirefighter
03-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I woke up looked out my window……. and I saw this………..

And the Santa Ana winds are up about 15 to 25 mph
The homes most threatened are and in Anaheim Hills / Orange Hills:(

God be with the firefighters
If it keeps going like this (weather wise) It's going to be a busy fire season. I was down your way working the big bear fire last summer. Isn't that where West Coast Choppers is ?

RexDog1
03-11-2007, 12:50 PM
It looks like the firefighters are hitting it with everything they have, the smoke is turning white now

Big Bear Choppers are in Big Bear ….West Coast Choppers are in Long Beach:D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-11-2007, 01:13 PM
I think just about everywhere needs rain. But yoos guys need it more!:(

WakePowell
03-11-2007, 02:41 PM
The Santa Ana winds and fire are a deadly combination in Orange County. I don’t miss watching the smoke get closer like you are. We had a few close calls when I lived there.

Leroy
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I think I saw where normally your rainy season you get ~9" of rain you only have ~2 inches and they are saying this could be one of the worst years yet. Prayers are with you.

RexDog1
03-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Quincy we are going to need some of your help:confused:

We are calling friends in the Anaheim Hills but Phones Are down……:(

time to take a drive..........

RexDog1
03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
..............................................:(

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 05:02 PM
WOW, that is crazy how fast it spread!:(

How far are the fires from you?

Naste Craft
03-11-2007, 05:11 PM
We saw the flames from the freeway this morning on our drive out to the lake this morning....... it spread soooooooo FAST!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Are you OK Rex??? You and your family aren't in harms way are you???

cbryan70
03-11-2007, 11:52 PM
prayers are with you as well as all of the firefighters risking there lives! god bless

RexDog1
03-12-2007, 09:37 AM
30% contained, should be 100% contained by Tuesday, as long the wind stays down :confused:

We live on the other side of the 91Fwy so we were never threaten

God Love the Firefighters.They are doing a supper job

Sodar
03-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Made traffic real nice coming back into town yesterday! Hopefully the wind lays down today and they get a little bit of help.....

quincyfirefighter
03-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Quincy we are going to need some of your help:confused:

We are calling friends in the Anaheim Hills but Phones Are down……:(

time to take a drive..........
Wish I could come down and help. I would be down there in the drop of the hat. ;) But if I know CalFire (CDF) they won't call for help intil it becomes a type One fire.:noface: One good thing is they should have plenty of fresh resources this early in the fire season. Hope all is well with you and your frends. Keep us posted

RexDog1
03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I would like to see all you guys come on down!!!!
It looks like you will have your hands full this fire season.:(

That is strange to call it “fire season” like winter or summer …?????:confused:

Naste Craft
03-12-2007, 12:01 PM
I just heard on the news the the fire is now 80% contained.....

Lucky for many people the winds died down last night at around 5:00 making it easier to fight the fire. Hundreds of homes were in serious danger of burning down.

suedv
03-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I just heard on the news the the fire is now 80% contained.....

Lucky for many people the winds died down last night at around 5:00 making it easier to fight the fire. Hundreds of homes were in serious danger of burning down.

It will be even nicer when they say it is controlled and the fire fighters just need to do mop up to be done with this one.

The fires you guys have out there are a big deal in regard to safety and loss of property. It sure is different from other parts of the country. The organization I work for conducts prescribed burns for ecological habitat management. Several people in my office are getting all prepared for the spring burn season.

quincyfirefighter
03-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I would like to see all you guys come on down!!!!
It looks like you will have your hands full this fire season.:(

That is strange to call it “fire season” like winter or summer …?????:confused:
As you know it is something that we have to deal with every year and fire season seems to start earlier each year. We just had a good size brushfire about six weeks ago. Caught the Forest Service off guard with having all their engines drained of water for the winter :eek: so there was no help from them.

RexDog1
03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Quincy it is amazing what you guys do……. Thank You ……:worthy:

I would also like to thank my non-swimming friend H2Oskeefreek on the Prayer thread, thanks……
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14483&page=6 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14483&page=6)

quincyfirefighter
03-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Quincy it is amazing what you guys do……. Thank You ……:worthy:

I would also like to thank my non-swimming friend H2Oskeefreek on the Prayer thread, thanks……
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14483&page=6 (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14483&page=6)
No thanks needed just happy you and your family and frends are safe. The feeling that you are truly helping someone when they need it the most is what makes it for me. ;)

betsy&david Harrison
03-12-2007, 04:09 PM
No thanks needed just happy you and your family and frends are safe. The feeling that you are truly helping someone when they need it the most is what makes it for me. ;)
You better not be working a fire when we are up at Bucks!:(

quincyfirefighter
03-12-2007, 08:47 PM
You better not be working a fire when we are up at Bucks!:(
I know. Keep your fingers crossed. Working on getting someone to cover me during your visit ;)