PDA

View Full Version : Boat Rebuild

WLfooter
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I am an avid skiier/barefooter! The team that I ski with has all malibu boats (sorry) I personally have always loved MC and really want to find a vintage boat and rebuild it. I am looking for suggestions from all of you MC owners on what boat would be great for a project. Year, Model, Engine....

I am excited about coming over to the MC team

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 10:18 AM
We have a 1976 MasterCraft and a 1988 MasterCraft that we will be taking in on trade very soon. If your interested, let me know and we can setup a time for you to check them out :)

Eric
eric@riverviewmarine.com
815-385-0880

WLfooter
03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
That would be great I think that I would be more interested in the 76. I have plenty of newer model boats to ski behind, I am looking for a classic.

Is your marina in McHenry IL?

WLfooter
03-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Eric do you work at Chicago Master Craft? I was in the other day looking at some older boats.

WLfooter
03-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Eric,

I just checked out your profile and see that you do work at Chicago Master Craft. My dad and I are coming in at noon on Monday to take a look at that 76. We are looking to rebuild a boat together and we stopped in on Friday and talked with some of your mechanics great guys very helpful.

Scott

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Ah, yes....see you Monday :)

RickDV
03-11-2007, 01:10 PM
I am an avid skiier/barefooter! The team that I ski with has all malibu boats (sorry) I personally have always loved MC and really want to find a vintage boat and rebuild it. I am looking for suggestions from all of you MC owners on what boat would be great for a project. Year, Model, Engine....

I am excited about coming over to the MC team

Welcome to the board WL! For barefooting you will want to make sure to get a model with a good wake. Not all models and years are as good as others for footin'. We have a 1989 PS190 that does a great job for footers. I can't speak to the 76 Eric mentioned...it may be good too.

If you are planning some restoration be sure to check into upgrading the prop from the stock one sold with the boat. I have an Acme 541 and it does a great job. Good hole shot without noticable loss at top end.

Good luck on your hunt.