PDA

View Full Version : Tight Bindings??

SDAhockey21
03-10-2007, 11:06 PM
I have a pair of 06 Parks Bindings XL and they are so tight.. I have had them for about a year and after about 15 mins they kinda hurt. Whats the best way to break them in? I have heard of people wearing them in the hot tub, but i don't have one ..... plus all the chorline might be bad. But how would some hot water in the bathtub do instead?

And will a slower board work your upper body and hands more? Because I rode my new Murray for the first time and its supposed to be a pretty slow board. My hands and feet were hurting and going nub.... It felt like i was havign to grip the handle more..... Maybe im just to used to my old byerly?? not sure..

-Sam

JKTX21
03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
Hmmm, maybe you have big feet. And you know what they say about big feet... small bindings make your feet hurt.

I think you just have to bite the bullet and break them in, unless they truly don't fit. My buddy rides a pair of '01 Belmonts because he doesn't want to break a new pair in.

I think a bigger board or slower board will probably work you a little more. I ride a 141, which is kind of big for my size, and I have to work a lot more for surface tricks, spins, edging than I did when I rode a 136, but there is def. more pop.

I've rode the Watson a few times last year, and I thought it was a lot faster than my HL Premier. Or maybe you are out of shape like me, because the seaon is just starting up again?! What size is that Watson, I've been looking for a 138 if you just can't stand it!

SDAhockey21
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
ya i now what they say about big feet... Big bindgins

lol but Parks run smaller than most bindings so an XL might be a L i think i might try my tub theory and see how that goes.... It would be just like wakeboarding on the equator... so warm!! but its not so bad here in the panhandle

do you know what they say about big hands??? Bigger handle!!

SDAhockey21
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
How did the 96 run today? Mine ran great!!

Ramhouse
03-10-2007, 11:22 PM
Get them hot in the shower, then use some canned vegetables to slide into the binding. Allow them to dey a few days. Try um on and repeat if necessary. I did this with mine and they will strech a little. You might have to use a larger can the second time.

JKTX21
03-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Get them hot in the shower, then use some canned vegetables to slide into the binding.

Hot shower and canned vegetables, eh?! Haha.

Hockey, the '96 ran like a champ today. I noticed a little cavitation (sp?) from the transmission when I tried to put it in drive before the RPM's settled, but that's probably my fault.

I think HL bindings are pretty standard on size. I wear a large and I have a 10.5-11 foot, and they are just right.

SDAhockey21
03-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Ya it was a great day on the water today.. i'm going out again tomorrow. Going to try hot bathtub method and see what happens...

SDAhockey21
03-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Just finished seems like the lossened up quite a bit!

CHaus21
03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
The 06 Parks definitely run small.

I have a pair of 05 Large Parks and a pair of 06 Large Parks.

The 06's are definitely much tighter than my 05's.

Either ride a bunch to break them in or try the hot water and canned vegetable trick. They should stretch out in just a few days. Just start smaller so you don't stretch them out TOO much.

ch