PDA

View Full Version : Morse Throttle Expert Now

Slinkyredfoot
03-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Anyone ever tear an old Morse throttle apart? I did tonght and what a sense of accomplishment after I figured out how it all went back together after I took two final screws out and springs and ball bearings flew all over the place..It was like a zig saw puzzle.

It started out as an innocent enough project when all I wanted to do was get the trim bezel off to paint. After removing 3 screws the assembly came down, I went on to have to remove 4 more screws and 2 7/16 bolts and finally the linkage came apart from the throttle. Now the bezel was held together by 2 more screws which were installed internally that held the whole d..m thing together. Took those screws out, it was like a Jack in the Box, stuff just flew out and I thought holy ....
Anyway, a small project, turned into a 2 hour ordeal, got it all figured out now, cleaned all the parts, got rid of old varnished grease and will reassemble after I get the bezel repainted next week.
I am enjoying a cold beer or three now glowing with the sense that I know more now than when I started.....:D

Hoosier Bob
03-10-2007, 09:33 PM
You go first!8p

Slinkyredfoot
03-10-2007, 09:37 PM
You go first!8p

No after you HB...you know where you are going, I don't:D