PDA

View Full Version : Wide Rides

Brent
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM
I have no experience with wide rides but Ed on Nicholls has & I trust his opinion .

I agree that the Triumph is a far superior ski to the Burner in regards to overall performance. It's simply a 1/2" wider System 8, which is simply a Monza with an ordinary foam core. I've taken several 26 - 30 mph skiers off of Burners, Vengenances, ASX's etc and put them on Triumphs and the improvements have been immediate and noticable for all of them.

Haven't tried the Nitro yet but I'd like to. One of my regular ski buddies went from struggling through 15 off 28 mph to getting into 34 mph in one season on his Triumph and he may move to a Nitro this year, not sure yet. IMO for an older or heavier skier the Nitro would be a better choice than the similar but thinner System 8. That's my suggestion to my buddy anyway. It's my belief that with the Nitro being just slightly wider you'll get the benifits of that width without any penalty in performance versus the Sys 8.

Ed

NEW: Re: Triumph vs Burner *LINK*
Ed Obermeier <Send E-Mail> -- Saturday, 10 March 2007, at 9:45 a.m.

Wileys has leftover '05 Triumph's with Double Wiley boots for $299 and '06 Nitro's with double Wileys for $500. Pretty hard to beat that kind of bang-for-the-buck IMO.

Ric
03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
I am willing to try it! If I warm up this spring and the monza is too much for me, someone's gettin a deal on a very slightly used Monza!

Leroy
03-10-2007, 01:29 PM
The Nitro is what the local ski shop recommended for me last year. I would be curious to see what others think.

The front lace bindings look good, any comments on them?

I am in that older and heavier category :)

Ric
03-10-2007, 02:31 PM
NEW: Re: Triumph vs Burner *LINK*
Ed Obermeier <Send E-Mail> -- Saturday, 10 March 2007, at 9:45 a.m.

Wileys has leftover '05 Triumph's with Double Wiley boots for $299 and '06 Nitro's with double Wileys for $500. Pretty hard to beat that kind of bang-for-the-buck IMO. oh and uh do those leftover 05's come with or withouth set screws in the finbox?

Brent
03-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't know why you guy's are so obsessed with set-screws? All they do is save your fin settings should remove it for travel, their is no safety benefit that I know off!

Ric
03-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't know why you guy's are so obsessed with set-screws? All they do is save your fin settings should remove it for travel, their is no safety benefit that I know off! what do you know off anyway!

André
03-10-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't know why you guy's are so obsessed with set-screws?
Set screws are a lucrative business.I know of at least one wholesaler who gots rich enough to remarried in Vegas and bought a new house!!!;)

Brent
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
www.waterskitests.com/2007/RecTest/Intro.htm

:D :D :D :D

Toober Tom
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Set screws are a lucrative business.I know of at least one wholesaler who gots rich enough to remarried in Vegas and bought a new house!!!;)
I am in that business myself.

Ric
03-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't know why you guy's are so obsessed with set-screws? All they do is save your fin settings should remove it for travel, their is no safety benefit that I know off!
Thanks for the link Brent, I bought that ski from wileys and skiid it this weekend.

fin settings were way off what I would have called factory, and I happened to notice that there were no set screws in the finbox.

I think the obsession is that there are no screws in the box and there should be... further, the set screws make it easier for you to fudge with the fin while in the boat and make small moves without the fin flailing all over while you try to make one independent move... you know what I mean..

wileys accidentally sent me an open rear toe plate on this ski so I had to use a wiley front wrap and my old venom rear wrap

skiid it at 32mph (my first slalom run in 6 mos and I want straight to the course like a foo

as mentioned, I still need to shed this winter coat but the triumph was easy to ski but not so easy to turn or keep on an edge thru the wakes

I like it and will keep it for slow skiing the course and a ski I can hand to just about anyone who gets on the boat.

My monza was bucking me off during the first couple of runs I took inthe fall and I need more time with it, but I may end up back on my vengeance in the course if I cannot conquer the monza

I ski 34 15off & 22off aspiring for more.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Too bad it cant use set screws....... thats a real bummer.....

Ric
03-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Too bad it cant use set screws....... thats a real bummer..... who said that? it can use three set screws and if I sold them, I'd sell them in sets of 6 for the poor saps who may drop or lose them

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-18-2007, 03:18 PM
who said that? it can use three set screws and if I sold them, I'd sell them in sets of 6 for the poor saps who may drop or lose them
Ya know Ric, your one heckuva guy. Thinkin bout helpin' people like that. I tell ya, I dont know why they talk about you they way they do. :confused: