PDA

View Full Version : Usefull Cell Phone Tricks/ Info

Mag_Red
03-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Not sure if it really works, but I'm sure some one here will try it. Let us know if it works................Locked yourself out of the car?

Here's a handy trick. Your car must have remote keyless entry, but most cars today do.

This could come in real handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home or you husband or wife has another one.

Call them on their phone from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Free directory service for cell phones

Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. we especially do not carry directories for out of the area. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all. Program this into your cell phone now.

You will have to listen to a couple of commercials while you wait for your number, but there is no charge for the information.

World wide emergency number

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you.

bcampbe7
03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

Mag_Red
03-08-2007, 09:08 AM
Come on Beau....just try it:D Do you believe every thing you read on Snops??

boatless
03-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Crabbyyy !!! It didn't work.:mad: :rolleyes: Now what ???

boatless

milkmania
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Come on Beau....just try it:D Do you believe every thing you read on Snops??
my mechanic got all excited the other day when someone told him about it...
had his wife digging through a cedar chest looking for the extra remote, I got a good laugh that day:D

sometimes, it's funny watching couples in action

bigmac
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/keyless.asp

I was going to say....basic radio theory certainly would indicate that that doesn't even begin to make sense.

Mag_Red
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Crabbyyy !!! It didn't work.:mad: :rolleyes: Now what ???

boatlessremember....no more than on foot from the door. Try pointing the phone towards the lock:D

chudson
03-08-2007, 09:40 AM
I just got the "phone tricks" in an email yesterday, it's moving fast!!!

milkmania
03-08-2007, 09:41 AM
http://www.microsiervos.com/images/cazadoresdemitos.jpg
has Adam & Jamie tried it yet?

milkmania
03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I just got the "phone tricks" in an email yesterday, it's moving fast!!!

it's cycling around again

been around for years, like the dolphin thread

atlfootr
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
it's cycling around again been around for years, like the dolphin threadYea, but I missed signing the first time up :o

Leroy
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Advanced theory says this doesn't work also.

If someone is mowing their yard next summer call me and I want to point my cell phone over my yard to see if it cuts my grass!

I was going to say....basic radio theory certainly would indicate that that doesn't even begin to make sense.

edwinfuqua
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
RF engineering is for other people. Never mind this type of interference, it is all, shall I say INTERFEATENCE. Personally I have to deal with it everyday, most folks ignore it until it costs something like HDTV. The pirates have been around a long time, they have licence to infect closer-bys, BPL or broad band on power line is a new threat. Listen to your radios, if it leaks it interfears.

bigmac
03-09-2007, 07:53 AM
RF engineering is for other people. Never mind this type of interference, it is all, shall I say INTERFEATENCE. Personally I have to deal with it everyday, most folks ignore it until it costs something like HDTV. The pirates have been around a long time, they have licence to infect closer-bys, BPL or broad band on power line is a new threat. Listen to your radios, if it leaks it interfears.

I downloaded this message. I'm hoping I'll have some time later this morning to sit down and try to figure out what it means...;)

Leroy
03-09-2007, 08:11 AM
I was one of those other people for 12 years, RF engineer.....

Ric
03-09-2007, 08:29 AM
I downloaded this message. I'm hoping I'll have some time later this morning to sit down and try to figure out what it means...;) I'm certainly puzzled

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I am confuzzled!