PDA

View Full Version : D S T 2007

bcampbe7
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Any other IT's dealing with this right now?

I set all my stuff to GMT so I should be good.

milkmania
03-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Any other IT's dealing with this right now?

I set all my stuff to GMT so I should be good.
had a guy request a patch this morning.....

he doesn't even have internet:rolleyes:

got the patch here for a few win98se machines out there too:mad:

6th & 7th down from the top. http://www.intelliadmin.com/Downloads.htm

from what I was reading, Server 2000 isn't supported as of yet
and XP machines set to update automatically were getting the patch from Micro$oft

dmayer84
03-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah we have about 50-60 different applications for the health care system I work for and each is getting its own patch and downtime to apply it. I'm just happy I dont have to work when we will find out if they actually do work.

Mag_Red
03-07-2007, 09:55 PM
So should those of us with home PC's be concerned??

dmayer84
03-07-2007, 09:56 PM
So should those of us with home PC's be concerned??

If you have automatic updates turned on you should be fine. If not theres a way to get it off of microsofts site. I'll look for the link

Leroy
03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
There was an automatic download at work today for this. My patch said everything is ok. They warned us the biggest danger was the VPN security devices might have a problem.

jimmer2880
03-08-2007, 06:39 AM
you can get a patch for Server 2000. However, we set all of our infrastructure (including servers) to GMT, so no problem there.

Make sure you also get the outlook patch to fix your calendars. It can be ran more than once, but needs to be ran by each user who creates meetings.

andrewtimko
03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
185 machines to update this Saturday. All of my servers are done; just put off the rest until the very last second

chevy08bud
03-08-2007, 05:26 PM
I updated all of our clients (120 computers) using Windows Server Update Services and it worked like a charm. After that I pushed the server updates and then today I just finished using the DST update tool for Exchange Server. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this weekend. The update tool for Exchange Server was kind of a pain, but not too bad. Unless you are using your calendaring features in Outlook at home, you really don't have to be too worried about this problem. Just wait a few weeks and you'll be on time with everyone else.

bcampbe7
03-08-2007, 07:01 PM
I updated all of our clients (120 computers) using Windows Server Update Services and it worked like a charm. After that I pushed the server updates and then today I just finished using the DST update tool for Exchange Server. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this weekend. The update tool for Exchange Server was kind of a pain, but not too bad. Unless you are using your calendaring features in Outlook at home, you really don't have to be too worried about this problem. Just wait a few weeks and you'll be on time with everyone else.

I agree about waiting...

Is the Exchange tool the one that takes 6 hours per mailbox or something like that?

milkmania
03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
in order to keep from jacking this thread about personal servers....
I need some info, here: http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=314354#post314354

Doug G
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
If you are using exchange 2003 sp2 watchout for the security updates bundled with the dst patch. It will modify permissions in the AD which may cause secondary stuff like blackberry servers etc... to stop working

chevy08bud
03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
I agree about waiting...

Is the Exchange tool the one that takes 6 hours per mailbox or something like that?

No, there are just a lot of steps involved. All that it really is is just using an automated process that Microsoft has come up with to edit the registry. Just do a search on google.com/microsoft and search for "Exchange Server DST update tool", and I think that it is the third article down. This article also has a link to the download. Follow all of the directions if you try this. You will need exchange admin permissions as well as send on behalf of permissions for every mailbox on your server in order for this to work. Good luck to everyone else, we'll just see what happens when I go to work on Monday.:D