PDA

View Full Version : Adding extra ballasts to 06 X-2

rlwiley
03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Anyone plumbed ballasts sacks into the stock ballast system. I am wanting to add 1 sac on each side of the motor and 1 bow sac at the front. The way I see it you should be able to tap into the over flow on the factory and plumb it into the sac and then when the sac is full let the overflow tie back into the factory over flow. One thing that I am not sure about is, will emptying the sacs and factory ballast function properly? Where do you get the fittings that are compatible to the factory? Thanks in advance.

erkoehler
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
PM "The Legend" he is working on a customer boat right now and adding additonal ballast to an 2006 x2.

I believe he is adding two sacs in the rear, an integrated bow sac, a side sac, and plumbing in an additional fill so that the customer can have another bag on the floor in the boat.

No Skeez
03-07-2007, 09:16 PM
We've done rear bags in 4 customer boats now, with a few more scheduled. If you've got any specific questions, you can contact Andy toll free at (888) h20-SKIR! (888-420-7547)

I'd pass along the info, but it's out of my department. Hope this helps!

Brian Bartz
Team Redline

duckguy
03-07-2007, 09:59 PM
They did mine

mrm2083
03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
I did it on my 06 x2. Call fly high and they have sacks made for the x2 rear lockers. For the front get the integrated bow sack. I plumbed in the rear sacks but not the front one (the front is a pain to plumb in and is real easy to fill with a tsunami pump). To plumb in the back sacks i tied off the fill to the stock tank and put a T so it also fills the sack. On b/w the T and the sack i also put a ball valve so i could pick either stock ballast or both. Then i Td the overflow from the sack to the drain hose of the tank and put an check valve on the hose coming from the sack so the emptying water from the tank doesn't go into the sack. And thats it, pretty easy and took about 2 hrs.

Harvey
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
This is an easy install and will work just fine. Another idea is to put a three way valve on the center ballast line and then when it is done filling the center sack you can swap it to a hose that you can use to fill a sack anywhere in the boat. Three way valve $30, extra hose $10, misc fittings for sack $5, being able to fill any sack anywhere in the boat PRICELESS. I did this on my X1 and it is the best thing I have done.

For those of you readers with 07 boats this may not work properly. I am pretty sure they put a timer on the pumps this year so that they don't run long and burn up the impellers

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 11:13 AM
They are timed on the 07's, but it is just a matter of flipping the switch off then back on again.

feydakin
03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey - I have an '03 X2 (same as new X1) I'm wanting to add an integrated bow sac to the locker sac just like you suggest. Can you give me the info where you bought the valves, etc (and sizes)? I can't seem to find any of these locally.

thanks, nick

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 11:17 AM
We order them mostly from BFI....if you want, give Chicago MasterCraft a call and we can set you up.

No Skeez
03-08-2007, 11:21 AM
They are timed on the 07's, but it is just a matter of flipping the switch off then back on again.

Erk - Incorrect... By flipping them off and then back on, you only gain an additional 10 seconds of fill time. That's a lot of flipping back and forth to fill additional ballast. This has already been discussed, search for that thread and you should find the answer...

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
sorry, should have stated, we usually give it a "10 second pause" between off and on. This has worked on our 07 Xstar, 07 x15.....

No Skeez
03-08-2007, 11:28 AM
This has worked on our 07 Xstar, 07 x15.....

Are you running additional ballast in these beyond factory? If so, what are you running, and how has it been working? We're always curious... So far we've done a handful of X-2s as well as an X-15...

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Sent you a PM.....

ssevcik
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
I just plumbed in 2 pro x 500lbs sac along the sides of my hard tanks on the back of my 2002 x star(same boat more or less) I put the T-valves in so i can independantly control to in flow and blow off. As far as plumbing the new sac into the over flow-bad idea. The sac will fill, but you can't drain it out the same way.

corey
03-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey Noskeez, the boss leaves town and you spend all day online? Ummmm yeah, I think he and I are going to have to have a little talk about your work habits.

No Skeez
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Hey Noskeez, the boss leaves town and you spend all day online? Ummmm yeah, I think he and I are going to have to have a little talk about your work habits.

Haha, I think that may bring up an interesting question as to how you happened to come across that information... Hope things are going well up there, you should come away with more good information than you know what to do with!

erkoehler
03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
That makes 3 of us with owners out of town :)

Chicago MC
03-11-2007, 11:42 AM
That makes 3 of us with owners out of town :)

Well, sorta... :cool: Is the shop clean?

erkoehler
03-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, sorta... :cool: Is the shop clean?

Shop, I thought you were working today....

skeeler
05-01-2007, 10:56 AM
I think this has been answered before, but I will ask it again just to make sure before I go ahead with the work.
On my '07 X-2, I know the ballast pumps are timed, but other than that would there be any issue if I took the overflow of the rear factory tanks, and plumbed them into the aftermarket Fly High sacs to fill them? I thought I heard of someone doing that before. I was just wondering if anyone had any problems with this type of set up. Sounds like an easy solution. Thanks guys!! :D

skeeler
05-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Anyone????????