PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion...

SDAhockey21
03-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Since the tower is installed and the Bimini won't fit i won't be needing the hooks for the straps to attach to...

And as soon as i remove the hooks i will have two screw holes in the fiberglass. Got any ideas to cover them up. I don't think a sticker would look that good there. I will probably just leave the hooks on, but i figured i would get some opinions.

Pictures

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/DSCF2644.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/DSCF2652.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n118/SDAhockey21/DSCF2651.jpg

Note I didn't install these hooks

You can't tell from the pictures to well but there are small spider cracks in the gel. Whoever installed them just screwed right into it.....:(

If you suggest a sticker you have to find one that will look good there!!

sanjuan23
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Grass Gas or A$$ no one rides for free..... Wait a second someone else already has that little gem

TMCNo1
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
If it wasn't in the middle of the boat, a pop-up cleat would cure the problem.

chudson
03-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Leave them on unless you know a real good bodyrepair/fiberglass guy and stickers would show the holes too probably!!!

SDAhockey21
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
ya and its also really close the the top edge too....

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 04:34 PM

Something like this for your new ballast system, or bilge drain port. :confused:

And TMC how do I get that paint from guide covers off the rub rail :mad:

edit: Just looked at yours again its up to high for a drain, but something solid like that piece might look good.

SDAhockey21
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
thats good! I would like on of those without the drain holes and have it just say mastercraft.. that would be perfect!

Anyone know where i can get one of these?

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
All I can can think of is MYMC he knows everything, No offence TMC. :D Thats a MC by design hull through.

JKTX21
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
The bimini hooks are still on my boat too... I have no plans to remove them.

sand2snow22
03-07-2007, 06:03 PM

And TMC how do I get that paint from guide covers off the rub rail :mad:

I just did two coats of permanent marker, not the best, but it takes your eyes away from the white. Next boat will for sure have a stainless rub rail.......

east tx skier
03-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Magic eraser ought to take the marks out (assuming this is the lettering on the guide pads rubbing off). And for what it's worth, not all the reviews I've heard from owners of boats with SS rubrails have been positive.

sand2snow22
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Magic eraser ought to take the marks out (assuming this is the lettering on the guide pads rubbing off). And for what it's worth, not all the reviews I've heard from owners of boats with SS rubrails have been positive.

Thanks, now you tell me!?! It's like the white lettering fused to my rub rail? I'll try the magic eraser. What are the complaints about the SS rubrails?

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 06:28 PM

IT is the lettering off the covers. Now I have all black covers. Thanks for the help my wife says she has magic eraser. I looked into the stainless rails, $280 for the rail $280 for the shipping I think. MYMC said it ships in a box as if it were on the boat. I believe he also stated the installation fun factor was 0.

east tx skier
03-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks, now you tell me!?! It's like the white lettering fused to my rub rail? I'll try the magic eraser. What are the complaints about the SS rubrails?

Different boat brand, but the complaints were showed dings more readily and screws got bent. Just stuff you read though. No personal knowledge as to the validity of it.

Acetone will work if Magic Eraser doesn't. Rinse and wax afterwards (but be careful with that wax in the grooves.

SDAhockey21
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
TREAD JACK!! haha lol just messin with you guys i don't mind :)

DrJ
03-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I dont know if you are interested in keeping your top but I kept mine when I put on a ND tower. Then you wont have to do anything with the hardware. I cut several inches from the cross bars of the bimni tubing. Cut the same amount of fabirc from the center of the bimni and sewed it back together. then, just had to put mild bends in the supports so it would fit between the tower and windshield frame. At first I thought it would fine witout the top. But, when the mid summer sun is pounding you, it's worth having. Good luck.

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I dont know if you are interested in keeping your top but I kept mine when I put on a ND tower. Then you wont have to do anything with the hardware. I cut several inches from the cross bars of the bimni tubing. Cut the same amount of fabirc from the center of the bimni and sewed it back together. then, just had to put mild bends in the supports so it would fit between the tower and windshield frame. At first I thought it would fine witout the top. But, when the mid summer sun is pounding you, it's worth having. Good luck.

AMEN TO THAT!

SDAhockey21
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Any pictures??

cmack
03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
I just did two coats of permanent marker, not the best, but it takes your eyes away from the white. Next boat will for sure have a stainless rub rail.......

I guess the rub rail can't be replaced? I do like the stainless rub rail also.

sand2snow22
03-13-2007, 01:48 AM
I guess the rub rail can't be replaced? I do like the stainless rub rail also.

It can, but from what I understand it's not the easiest job in the world. Plus, you have to ship it in the shape it goes around the boat and that is expensive?

PendO
03-13-2007, 02:01 AM
It can, but from what I understand it's not the easiest job in the world. Plus, you have to ship it in the shape it goes around the boat and that is expensive?

I would think that if you wanted to order the SS rubrail for a smaller boat they could just wrap it and ship it in a boat from vonore when they shrink wrap another one ... I do not think that it is one piece, but ICBW? Regardless, mine has a small scratch from when it was unloaded from the truck at delivery, never really mattered enough to have it replaced, but I never thought about the shipping hassel, you bring up an interesting point.

Harvey
03-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Grass Gas or A$$ no one rides for free..... Wait a second someone else already has that little gem

Look real close.....

http://www.theharveystudio.com/gallery/d/68-2/DSC_0503.JPG