PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer

roddydog
01-15-2005, 02:18 PM
My 1990 PS 190 has 2 speedos (as most do I assume). Problem is only one works. Anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

tph
01-15-2005, 03:40 PM
My 1990 PS 190 has 2 speedos (as most do I assume). Problem is only one works. Anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Quite often the only problem is a clogged pick up (on the transom) or tube (going from the pick up to the speedo)

bradamerry
01-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Quite often the only problem is a clogged pick up (on the transom) or tube (going from the pick up to the speedo)

That is the best place to start.

BriEOD
01-15-2005, 06:09 PM
If that is blocked you need to look at the equalizer tubes at the rear of the boat on each sides. You'll need to remove the rear seat and than the panels to gain access to them. I had one that the bottom cap fell off and was causing my speedo not to work. I used epoxy to reattach it and it worked fine. JimN says you can also solder it. If it isn't a blocked pitot or a bad tube check the line for leaks. Make sure if you blow air through it remove the tube from the back of the speedo so you do not damage it.

Bongo
01-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I agree with BriEOD. If the pick-ups aren't clogged, look at the equalizer tubes. Lift out the back seat. Unscrew the panel from the sides. Look at the tubing. In my case, the rubber hose had simply pulled out. Reattached and its been fine since. This was on an '89, so same vintage.

If neither the pick-up or attachments behind the panels are the problem, likely a split hose along the way.

Bongo

roddydog
01-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Much appreciated. I will check out all suggestions.
Thanks