PDA

View Full Version : Belize Part 2

BrianM
03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Wife and I are back off to Belize for 10 days do relax on the beach and do a lot of diving. We had such a great time when we were down last May that we had to do it again. That combined with the fact that I found some airfare at a price that I couldn't pass up. Trying to tie up a few loose ends and pack today then off to Houston tomorrow with a quick stop in to see family then off to San Pedro Friday morning.

M-Funf
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
Nice!

Are you going out to Ambergris?

BrianM
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Nice!

Are you going out to Ambergris?

Yeh we will be spending the entire time on Ambergris Caye/San Pedro

Kevin 89MC
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Nice! We went to Belize before we had our first kid. Half the trip on the coast, diving was great, then half the trip up in the mountains, at a really cool place. Took a day trip to see Tikal, and many other sights.
Have fun!

east tx skier
03-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Have fun, Brian. Take lots of pics.

M-Funf
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Nice! We went to Belize before we had our first kid. Half the trip on the coast, diving was great, then half the trip up in the mountains, at a really cool place. Took a day trip to see Tikal, and many other sights.
Have fun!

We did the same...First part of the trip out at Chaa Creek (http://www.chaacreek.com/), then off to Placencia and the beach:cool:
We didn't go to Tikal, but we did go to Xunantunich. I think there were 3 or 4 people TOTAL at the site.
I know I mentioned this last time the subject came up, but stay away from Dangriga (yukk)

Enjoy, Brian!

pq2
03-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Once we arrive to Dandriga by boat and went down for lunch. At the beach some guys tolds us that if we want them to keep an eye on our boat and we first said NO, then they reply, "you better say yes or we dont know what could happend". You must see the place to understand. Then we said YES please keep an eye on the boat. We went to buy some cans to the store and back to the boat running. Scary place

trickskier
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Have fun...........Hope you have a GREAT time!!!

dapicatti
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Have a great time!!

CarlosCabanas
03-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Belize!! That's where I'm moving in July. I'll be staying on Ambergris for a year while I start up my project and find the right piece of land. Where are you staying?? Drink a Beliken for the rest of us!!

Carlos

sizzler
03-08-2007, 10:37 AM
i wont go there until they change the name back....................................... "The only English-speaking country in Central America, Belize was a British colony for more than a century and was known as British Honduras until 1973. "

CarlosCabanas
03-08-2007, 10:54 AM
It is also the only central american country to become independant without a war!!! On Ambergris Caye everybody is friendly and smiling all the time. Ambergris Caye is also known as La Isla Bonita, Madona wrote a song about it in the 80's. Why would you care if they changed the name of the country when they became independant in 81???
Carlos

Edit,,,, Sizzler does that mean you won't come to Canada either????

sizzler
03-08-2007, 11:14 AM
tongue in cheek carlos.......its my english sense of humour and colonialism.......

i would love to go to canada mate.........the english speaking part;)

only joking andre.....

André
03-08-2007, 06:50 PM
tongue in cheek carlos.......its my english sense of humour and colonialism.......

i would love to go to canada mate.........the english speaking part;)

only joking andre.....
Better be joking!
I'm looking for a cottage for you.
You want ski hills with a nearby lake or lakeside with a nearby ski hills?;)

On the subject of Belize,i think there is 2 couples digging a ski lake and selling lots somewhere ...I'll try to find a link!

sizzler
03-09-2007, 08:11 AM
hahahhahha........i am ...

a lakeside wooden lodge with a big verandah.......lawn down to the dock where my MC would be waitng for me to rip up the glass with my bare feet.........this will be my retirement home........:)