PDA

View Full Version : Nhl

dmayer84
03-06-2007, 09:28 PM
Is anyone else anxiously awaiting the play offs to start? For me I think the next month and a half is goin to be the longest, waiting for the playoffs and spring to come.

suedv
03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
What I'm really waiting for is the opening game of the regular season of baseball. The spring training games are already on TV. The hockey play offs can be fun though.

No Skeez
03-06-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm with ya DMayer! I played in high school and played in a pick up league every week throughout college - some of the best times of my life! Watching it on my new 50" HDTV is a very close second though, with none of the work and plenty of cold beer! I take it from your avatar you're a Devils Fan? I'm a big fan of the AVs myself! Enjoy!

dmayer84
03-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Yes Devils fan quite upset about the now 3 losses in a row after tonight, but at least they are goin to the playoffs. Never played hockey but I wanted too. Played lacrosse for 7 years though and some pickup in college.

SDAhockey21
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Everytime i watch just makes me want to play.....lol

only get the lighting games here.. with out paying extra anyway..blaaa

puck_11
03-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Played my whole life, didn't quite make it in college. A lot of the NHLers are from MN. It's fun to watch those guys play as I grew up playing with and against a lot of them.

Only Stars games are broadcast down here in Texas, the former MN North Stars :mad: . I'm still bitter about the move and don't watch them. Plus I'd rather watch college hockey, thats where the all the fun is!

puck_11
03-06-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.startribune.com/332/story/1032917.html

I'm not sure if you need a subscription to read this, but it portrays MN hockey pretty well, how crazy and dedicated it is at a young age.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Go Sharks!!!!!!!!

dmayer84
03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
It is similar around here, my cousins both play hockey, one now plays in college, and the other one is a SR in HS and started freshman year on varsity. I go to their games when I can. They had crazy practice schedules, usually some time in the middle of the night.

Monte
03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Not a huge fan, but love to watch it.. Fastest moving sport available.. Carolina Hurricanes.. is the only team we ever get to see play unless you pay..........

dmayer84
03-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I get to watch Devils Rangers and Islanders. Its bad when all 3 are playing on the same night, can never find the channel you want.

Mikey
03-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I will be excited if they dont get greedy and go on strike.:rolleyes:

sberry3827
03-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Is anyone else anxiously awaiting the play offs to start? For me I think the next month and a half is goin to be the longest, waiting for the playoffs and spring to come.
Can't wait. I got to watch my first Red Wings game since I bought my new 42" LCD High Def. Bought the tv on Sunday and watched the game last night. All the way to the shoot out and Red Wings over Nashville. Red Wings all the way this year.

RexDog1
03-07-2007, 09:56 AM
The Stanley Cup will come to Anaheim so stay for about a year…..

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_127v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)GO DUCKShttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_127v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 10:25 AM
LETS, GO, RED, WINGS

RexDog1
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
LETS, GO, RED, WINGS

............................................. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_2.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNfox000)....................... ....................

No Skeez
03-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Plus I'd rather watch college hockey, thats where the all the fun is!

I somewhat agree. I've got season tickets to the Badger hockey games, and I've turned my girlfriend into a huge hockey fan because of it. Those guys are playing for the love of the game.

WI is a close second to MN as far as hockey. At my high school we had a dad donate a 8 million dollar rink to our team, complete with weight room, equipment rooms and all the good stuff, just so we didn't have to get up at 5 in the morning and fight for ice. After school let out, we walked across the campus (yes it is a high school, and yes, it is as big as most colleges) to our own ice rink where we had as much ice as we wanted. Pretty amazing experience. I miss it terribly!

KelBCx9
03-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Watch out for the CANUCKS and Roberto Luongo!!!

Datdude
03-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I somewhat agree. I've got season tickets to the Badger hockey games, and I've turned my girlfriend into a huge hockey fan because of it. Those guys are playing for the love of the game.

WI is a close second to MN as far as hockey. At my high school we had a dad donate a 8 million dollar rink to our team, complete with weight room, equipment rooms and all the good stuff, just so we didn't have to get up at 5 in the morning and fight for ice. After school let out, we walked across the campus (yes it is a high school, and yes, it is as big as most colleges) to our own ice rink where we had as much ice as we wanted. Pretty amazing experience. I miss it terribly!

Sounds like Arrowhead........:mad:

As far as watching hockey, College Hockey(Badgers) is more enjoyable for me, but the NHL Playoffs are pretty sweet too! The hitting picks up and it gets nasty out there. I started playing when I was 8 years old and made it until my freshman year in college. A combination of bad knees and a desire to party led me to quit playing which was the biggest mistake of my life. After graduating college I played a little men's league and coached some. I recently started playing again and it is awesome! We have a pick up game two nights per week and the level of competition is pretty good. It feels great to be skating again. I used to be a big Nordiques/Avalanche fan, but I have not followed the NHL a lot this year.

Did anyone see the Islanders/Rangers game on Versus recently? What a game! I have not seen a game with that many scoring chances in a long time. Rick DiPietro (Islanders goalie) had over 50 saves, but they lost in a shootout. I could care less about either team, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire 3rd period. That is what hockey is all about!

jmac197
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a problem....that's the first step I guess.

I'm Philadelphia Flyers fan. Have been since the early 70's. I'm not sure what to do. I'm a little embarassed.

The best hockey to watch really is college. These kids are out there for the love of the game, and maybe a shot at the big leagues. But their motivations are mostly to win and not make money. That's old school you know Eddie Shore,

dmayer84
03-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I watch the college games when I can find them on tv, but that isnt too often.

No Skeez
03-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Sounds like Arrowhead........:mad:

Why do you say that like it's a bad thing? :D

M-Funf
03-07-2007, 01:35 PM
What I'm really waiting for is the opening game of the regular season of baseball. The spring training games are already on TV. The hockey play offs can be fun though.

I hear ya on that, Sue...

We've been chompin' at the bit to see some baseball. At least we can listen to the spring training games on the radio or on mlb.com :D

Datdude
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Why do you say that like it's a bad thing? :D

Arrowhead was our most hated rival in high school.......PM at ya;)

Jet
03-07-2007, 09:16 PM
jmac197, I think you will have a good team next year with the youngsters you picked up and Martin Biron in the net !

I'm a Montreal Canadiens fan, but we don't have much to cheer about these days. Don't think we will make the playoffs this year as the team is going through rough times.

Good luck to the devils with Martin Brodeur !

dmayer84
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Im hopin for Brodeur to get some more shutouts under his belt. Hes got 92 for his career so far 94 would be tied for second and hes got 12 on the season.

dmayer84
03-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Penguins almost got the W tonight instead of the Devils. Wonder what is gonna end up happening wit them and the igloo.

Jet
03-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Penguins almost got the W tonight instead of the Devils. Wonder what is gonna end up happening wit them and the igloo.
I hear they are looking to move to Vegas, another great hockey market !!!

Overdraft
03-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Just got in from Scotiabank place ten minutes ago where my son and I saw the Leafs and Senators play. Senators looked solid in a 5-1 hammering of the "buds" - the leafs well....they looked awful.

Hockey is a great game.

Datdude
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Hockey is a great game.

couldn't have said it better myself.

My gym teacher in high school asked if I played football, and I told him that "football is for girls that can't ice skate". I was unaware that he was a coach on the team. I got a B- in gym that year. Coincidence?????? I think not. How do you get a B- in GYM CLASS? :rolleyes:

jpattigr
03-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Iggy, Dion and Kipper will take Alberta to the finals for the third year in row!!:D

uncleboo
03-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Go Predators!!!!

André
03-09-2007, 05:02 PM
My Habs are going down the drain...:(
Peoples from Pittsburgh should really wake up fast or they'll loose one hell of a team for the next ten years.
Crosby is good,really good!

puck_11
03-10-2007, 10:58 AM

Thats crazy for a highschool rink, we had Ralph Englestad do the same for a HS in Theif River Falls. He also built a $110 million dollar rink for the Fighting Sioux! http://www.theralph.com/

I definately do not miss those 5am practices when its 30 below outside!

Good luck to the Badgers, until they play the Sioux! Just as long as the Gophs get put in their place, life is good!

Brent
03-10-2007, 12:37 PM
The Hab's are done for this year!!!!

I wish the NHL season was shorter & the playoff's began in early March. The season is way too long & it is hard to get excited about hockey in June if your team is not in the cup final. hell it is hard for the players by June they are so burnt out that the final series sucks!:(

André
03-10-2007, 12:43 PM
The Hab's are done for this year!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaa,let's go skiing instead!:rolleyes:
Anymore Florida for you before we start skiing?

Michael Epp
03-10-2007, 04:09 PM
We had a lot of fun cheering on our Oilers to game 7 of the cup finals last year. It was fun going to spring hockey games on my motorcycle. This year......it won't as much fun as our team will be out of the playoffs. The Ryan Smith trade really hurt....but there is always next year!! I'll be on the lake earlier this year with no hockey distractions. Our youngest son plays goal for his Atom team (ages 9 and 10). Watch for Brett Epp in the NHL in 10 or so years (maybe then he'll buy me an X-80 for all the time I've spent an arenas over these years).