PDA

View Full Version : New Massey Ferguson Tractor

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I have recently moved and with the increase in property, I now have the need for a larger tractor.:D (NEW TOY!!!) I am looking at a 30 horsepower (engine not pto) Massey Ferguson with loader and 60 inch rear mower. Anyone out there have something similiar? My brother in-law has a New Holland with a loader and mower just a bit smaller and I know the Big Green fans will be coming out of the woodwork. But I can't justified the increase in price to the wife plus the dealer is closer and they are great people working there at the Massey Dealer. The dealer also has a one year old tractor never left the dealer with a backhoe attachement but that tractor has a power shuttle trans instead of hydro not sure how bad the power shuttle would be hydro is so nice. I would love to talk him into letting the backhoe attachment go with the tractor with hydro transmission but I don't know if he is going to cut as good a deal or how many projects I will have for it.( i have a few right off the bat but not sure down the road)
Thank for the help!

chudson
03-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Masseys are good tractors I have a freind with one and he has no problem with it, and yea I'm a JD fan but a couple of things to think about are service and resale. I live in farm country so you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a John Deere dealer so service is always good.

I didn't see that your dealer is closer when I read that the first time, I don't think you can go wrong with that and it sounds like you trust them too. Massey has been around along time too. And I am a JD fan but you go with who you trust

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 02:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has one of the new ones and what their experience with it has been. Your tractors look a bit bigger than wha t I am looking at(the compacts). Have you used your buddies at all?

Masseys are good tractors I have a freind with one and he has no problem with it, and yea I'm a JD fan but a couple of things to think about are service and resale. I live in farm country so you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a John Deere dealer so service is always good.

I didn't see that your dealer is closer when I read that the first time, I don't think you can go wrong with that and it sounds like you trust them too. Massey has been around along time too.

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Any info on Power Shuttle trans for me?

chudson
03-06-2007, 02:58 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has one of the new ones and what their experience with it has been. Your tractors look a bit bigger than wha t I am looking at(the compacts). Have you used your buddies at all?

No i've never been on it, but he uses it to mow, grade, and plow snow!

chudson
03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Any info on Power Shuttle trans for me?

This may help..........http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/MF/NA/Tractors/MFGC/GC.htm

Is this about the size your looking at?

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Nope this size... I have been spending a lot of time researching looking for real world experiences now..

http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/MF/NA/Tractors/MF1500/1500.htm

chudson
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Wish I could help you more but that tranny I'm not familiar with and I know you can't beat the hydro , have you drove it?

nowakes
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
What on earth does a Massey Ferguson tractor have to do with a Mastercraft boat web-site????????????????

nowakes
03-06-2007, 03:43 PM
What on earth does a Massey Ferguson tractor have to do with a Mastercraft boat web-site????????????????

Monte
03-06-2007, 03:50 PM

Absolutly nothing, but everbody is bored. Plus a lot of people on here have a vast knowledge in subjects outside of the kind of boat they own/want. Spring will be here soon!

milkmania
03-06-2007, 04:50 PM

you haven't been around long, have you?
every single member of this board has knowledge of every possible question that may arise.....

it's been proven, over & over!

although it is in the wrong topic, it is a very good question;)

and to answer 1984StarsandStripes
if you have a front bucket, stay away from gear shifted transmission!:twocents:
hydrostat & shuttle shift will work circles around a clutch & shift transmission!
at the end of a 8 -10 hour work day, YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE

ProTour X9
03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
:rant: :rant: :rant: this is to No wakes! :D

SkiDog
03-06-2007, 10:07 PM
I have recently moved and with the increase in property, I now have the need for a larger tractor.:D (NEW TOY!!!) I am looking at a 30 horsepower (engine not pto) Massey Ferguson with loader and 60 inch rear mower. Anyone out there have something similar? My brother in-law has a New Holland with a loader and mower just a bit smaller and I know the Big Green fans will be coming out of the woodwork. But I can't justified the increase in price to the wife plus the dealer is closer and they are great people working there at the Massey Dealer. The dealer also has a one year old tractor never left the dealer with a backhoe attachment but that tractor has a power shuttle trans instead of hydro not sure how bad the power shuttle would be hydro is so nice. I would love to talk him into letting the backhoe attachment go with the tractor with hydro transmission but I don't know if he is going to cut as good a deal or how many projects I will have for it.( i have a few right off the bat but not sure down the road)
Thank for the help!

I have just recently bought a 2005 0r 2006 Long Farm trac DCT300. This tractor is almost brand new with only about 70 hours on the motor, Its got a 60" rear boxblade, 60" front bucket, Hydraulics for a back hoe attachment. I bought this tractor from a friend who needed the money pretty bad, so I can make a deal to somebody! Like I said, this is a NEW Long Farm Trac 30hp diesel. Call me or PM me and lets talk. I'll be in Daytona from Wed am to Fri around noon, if anybody wants to see it. I can also post some pics when I get back on Fri.

bcampbe7
03-06-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't know anything about MF tractors. I have a JD 2210 and love it. It is 23HP diesel, so probably a little smaller than you are looking for. The 2305 is the new version.

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 08:44 AM
Thank you monte! A lot of folks on here do have a vast knowledge of subjects so I thought I would throw my question out there to see what other quality TT members have had. Sorry if I offended anyone!

Absolutly nothing, but everbody is bored. Plus a lot of people on here have a vast knowledge in subjects outside of the kind of boat they own/want. Spring will be here soon!

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Ok, Guys lets cut my fellow michigander and Newbie No wakes some slack! Nowakes, no harm, no foul!

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting enough for me to Bite Skidog! Never heard of a Long Farm though.
PM sent at you!

I have just recently bought a 2005 0r 2006 Long Farm trac DCT300. This tractor is almost brand new with only about 70 hours on the motor, Its got a 60" rear boxblade, 60" front bucket, Hydraulics for a back hoe attachment. I bought this tractor from a friend who needed the money pretty bad, so I can make a deal to somebody! Like I said, this is a NEW Long Farm Trac 30hp diesel. Call me or PM me and lets talk. I'll be in Daytona from Wed am to Fri around noon, if anybody wants to see it. I can also post some pics when I get back on Fri.

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Interesting development: I stopped at the Deere dealer and his prices for a compareable tractor was only about 1500 bucks difference. So know I am kinda leaning toward the Deere. Higher resale more dealers. Any thoughts?

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 09:05 AM
bump!!!!!!!!!!

chudson
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Interesting development: I stopped at the Deere dealer and his prices for a compareable tractor was only about 1500 bucks difference. So know I am kinda leaning toward the Deere. Higher resale more dealers. Any thoughts?

That's one of those things you need to weigh out, but you know where I stand. Also Farmers like Boat owners tend to be pretty loyal to there respective machinery/boats. So my vote is Deere!!!

Jerseydave
03-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Around here (NJ) we see alot of Deere and Kabota. Both good tractors, I have a JD 3010 (1969 I think) and it's still going strong, over 10,000 hours on it.

Make sure the Deere you're looking at is built in the U.S.A., some are not. (What would be the point of buying a japanese-built Deere, right?)

For just mowing grass, nothing does a better job than a zero-turn mower (commercial type). You can pick them up for around $8K.

If you're trying to do everything with one machine, the compact tractors are a good choice. If it were me, I'd buy a used tractor and use the money saved to buy a zero-turn mower. 2 machines for one price. There's always good used tractors around. Good luck!

-Dave

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Good Point Dave! Now I am on the fence even further of what to do! I do love that shiney new green paint but zero turns are nice and I could get atractor with a bucket used. DANG decisions decisions!:D

Around here (NJ) we see alot of Deere and Kabota. Both good tractors, I have a JD 3010 (1969 I think) and it's still going strong, over 10,000 hours on it.

Make sure the Deere you're looking at is built in the U.S.A., some are not. (What would be the point of buying a japanese-built Deere, right?)

For just mowing grass, nothing does a better job than a zero-turn mower (commercial type). You can pick them up for around $8K.

If you're trying to do everything with one machine, the compact tractors are a good choice. If it were me, I'd buy a used tractor and use the money saved to buy a zero-turn mower. 2 machines for one price. There's always good used tractors around. Good luck!

-Dave

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Some how I knew that you bleed green with MC logos! hahaha

That's one of those things you need to weigh out, but you know where I stand. Also Farmers like Boat owners tend to be pretty loyal to there respective machinery/boats. So my vote is Deere!!!

chudson
03-09-2007, 11:45 AM
See if either one of the dealers will let you try one, I know my dealer will bring one for you to try if they know your serious! Can't hurt to ask!!!

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I did drive the Massey and work the controls very nice I didn't lift anything or push or pull, I just don't know!

See if either one of the dealers will let you try one, I know my dealer will bring one for you to try if they know your serious! Can't hurt to ask!!!

1984StarsandStripes
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Definately a good idea!

endl
03-09-2007, 02:20 PM
KUBOTA, KUBOTA, KUBOTA............all the way. Better Compact and Sub-Compact tractors. Especially if your going with hydrostatic transmissions ect. Massey, Some Deere, New Holland/Ford ect have their compact and sub-copact tracotrs built in Japan for a reason. Go drive a similiar Kubota and you will throw rocks at the rest.

Jerseydave
03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
KUBOTA, KUBOTA, KUBOTA............all the way. Better Compact and Sub-Compact tractors. Especially if your going with hydrostatic transmissions ect. Massey, Some Deere, New Holland/Ford ect have their compact and sub-copact tracotrs built in Japan for a reason. Go drive a similiar Kubota and you will throw rocks at the rest.

Ah, another Kubota lover. They are good machines. I believe they make zero-turn mowers too. Alot of people around here like Toro or Scag mowers. You can mow acres of lawn really fast.