PDA

View Full Version : To become a MC dealer

slink976
03-06-2007, 01:44 PM
We recently just lost our dealer here in the SD area. Don't know exactly why but I think I have a good idea.

What/How does one become a MasterCraft dealer? The closes dealer we have now is California Skier out in lake Elsinor (about 100 miles away)

Any of you dealers out there know how to become one?

SteveO
03-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Come on slink you can do it! Walk away from that big corporate relo to TX and open a dealership in SD. No worries about that pending baby, etc.

slink976
03-06-2007, 01:53 PM
lol, more so looking to talking my dedicated third into it and me just sponge off of him!

chudson
03-06-2007, 01:59 PM
In the 6th post No1 gives a suggestion on what to do in this thread.......http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14626

slink976
03-06-2007, 02:08 PM
In the 6th post No1 gives a suggestion on what to do in this thread.......http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14626

Thank you, Great info (how the heck did you pin point that?) I'll be looking into it.

Sodar
03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
In my opinion, I do not think you will get it!!!! The Elsinore dealership, lost a good amount of its northern territory and I am guessing that its gain of the southern territory will not be taken easily... Just my opinion!!

TMCNo1
03-06-2007, 02:54 PM
If he is serious, he will never know till he inquires.

rodltg2
03-06-2007, 02:59 PM
i dont know about in other areas, but around here, a used boat store like carmax would be great. large selection of used boats that are all inspected and ready to go...plus a service center where you can go, since dealers dont want you when you bring a used boat you didnt buy from them.

PendO
03-06-2007, 05:51 PM
We recently just lost our dealer here in the SD area. Don't know exactly why but I think I have a good idea.

What/How does one become a MasterCraft dealer? The closes dealer we have now is California Skier out in lake Elsinor (about 100 miles away)

It's something like $49.95 or $55.55 ... you send me the money, and I send you a glossy picture that says "MasterCraft" ... it's up to you to sell it, and you can set your own price, but this is the cheapest way to become a Mastercraft dealer ... the other way ... skip the regional sales guy, get ahold of Corp. and tell them about your plans for a $howroom ...

slink976
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Just sent MC an email inquiring about dealerships. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

PendO
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Just sent MC an email inquiring about dealerships. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome.

Did you enclose the copy of Sodar's financial statement with it ... man, ever since I got that email last week I have been buying all sorts of stuff.

slink976
03-06-2007, 06:34 PM
you too..... crap man we may want to calm it down alittle otherwise the bank wont let us refinance!

Sodar
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Jeez!!! That is why my credit score dropped 400 points since Friday! ;) :D

slink976
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
No no you have the orders backwards! Go figure just cuz a mans from Cali he has to have the rainbow flag.... Wait ............. nuf said lol

Sodar
03-06-2007, 07:49 PM
HA HA!!! Too bad you are moving, cause owning a dealership in SD would be pretty freaking cool! I bet you would have a huge Saltwater Series market.... maybe even sell a few CSX's

slink976
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
moving? if the price is right i am a whore!

PendO
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Jeez!!! The credit card bill just came in!! I see Slink bought a Texas State Flag and a Rainbow flag, to show his true allegience and Pendo bought some thing from a sex shop for queers... I am not sure what he got, but by the title of the place, it sounds like penetration is the only way to go!!! ;) :D

what up man, did somebody just steal your girlfriend ... seem kinda uptight?

Sodar
03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
I just want to know why my credit report has dropped 400 points since Friday.... does anyone know!?!?!?! :D :D :D

PendO
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Just having fun!! Let me know if you want it yanked!! :D :D :D

Sorry man, I'm kinda particular about that.

Chief
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM

On the edge closed? I was in there a few weeks ago and saw that they were also selling another brand (I forgot which one, Centurion?) of ski boats. I think the San Diego area has been dominated by Calabria since the get go, or no one can afford one since the housing boom and bust.

I talked to my neighbor in El Cajon and he sold his house for 700K two years ago, two houses down from my old one ughhhhhhh! I did do well, but two more years may have meant 200K more ughhhhhhh!

That's sad to hear on the edge closed, or did they stop selling MC?

Sodar
03-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Looks like they could be done:
http://www.ontheedgewatersports.com/images/newsbox.jpg

slink976
03-07-2007, 12:51 AM
On the edge closed? I was in there a few weeks ago and saw that they were also selling another brand (I forgot which one, Centurion?) of ski boats. I think the San Diego area has been dominated by Calabria since the get go, or no one can afford one since the housing boom and bust.

I talked to my neighbor in El Cajon and he sold his house for 700K two years ago, two houses down from my old one ughhhhhhh! I did do well, but two more years may have meant 200K more ughhhhhhh!

That's sad to hear on the edge closed, or did they stop selling MC?

My bad.... They no longer sell MC. Bruce and on the edge is still there but if it doesn't sell MC whats the point! I don't want my boat serviced by a Centerion dealership, I want it serviced by someone that knows MC!!! what part of El Cajon? I am off pepper

slink976
03-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah bruce is the one skiing- in the ad above. I like him and the shop, but they are going to start specializing in there new brand. I need an MC dealer here locally. I will start one I will financially back it(Rules pending).

Chief
03-07-2007, 06:37 AM
My bad.... They no longer sell MC. Bruce and on the edge is still there but if it doesn't sell MC whats the point! I don't want my boat serviced by a Centerion dealership, I want it serviced by someone that knows MC!!! what part of El Cajon? I am off pepper

Pepper Dr and Vulcan, by the Christmas tree farm. I owned the house on the corner of Vulcan and Danny.

I wanted to look up you and Rex while I was there, but I spent most of the time there in the desert over Presidents Day Weekend. I sure miss Glamis. I also rode up to San Vincente, but it was closed.

slink976
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah San V. Is closed but will be opening up here soon for thurs/friday skiing. Thats right now I remember talking to you some time ago. You should of dropped by, me and my buds are still riding every Sunday at El Cap.