PDA

View Full Version : Marco Island Florida - Recommendations?

Maristar210
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Four of us got a great deal on a three bedroom condo in/on Hammock Bay Golf and CC near/on Marco Island. It was dirt cheap ($500/wk44) we are staying the 10-17th of March.

Anyone have any suggestions with regard to dining, attractions or places to see?

This is truly a R&R trip with no kids, no pets, no parents, no siblings, no work, no cell phones, no e-mail, no emergencies, no issues, no problems, no discrepencies, no pissed off customers, no "I have to talk to you" telephone calls. Nothing of importance with lots of rest and relaxation. I have been told the www.snookinn.com is the place to go but I am sure there is more to see.....

I am only answerig two questions for one week & they are:

"would you like something to eat?" or "do you want something to drink?"

Let me answer that in advance YES .... and YES:D

trickskier
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Sorry Steve, I can't help you that far south on the Gulf Coast. However, I'll ask around.......Have a great time......:D

tex
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Four of us got a great deal on a three bedroom condo in/on Hammock Bay Golf and CC near/on Marco Island. It was dirt cheap ($500/wk44) we are staying the 10-17th of March.

Anyone have any suggestions with regard to dining, attractions or places to see?

This is truly a R&R trip with no kids, no pets, no parents, no siblings, no work, no cell phones, no e-mail, no emergencies, no issues, no problems, no discrepencies, no pissed off customers, no "I have to talk to you" telephone calls. Nothing of importance with lots of rest and relaxation. I have been told the www.snookinn.com is the place to go but I am sure there is more to see.....

I am only answerig two questions for one week & they are:

"would you like something to eat?" or "do you want something to drink?"

Let me answer that in advance YES .... and YES:D

I have been to the Snook-Great place to drink. I'm told the food is good. Naples is close and you can always get something good there.

Monte
03-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Four of us got a great deal on a three bedroom condo in/on Hammock Bay Golf

Are you not afraid of hammocks yet?????????

cdstukey
03-06-2007, 12:33 PM
What kind of stuff do are you looking for? 5th Ave in Naples has nice shopping and side walk cafes, king of upscale. The snook is nice to sit and watch the boats go by while having a drink or lunch (its really fun watching people try to dock in the tide/currents). You are staying between Marco and Naples, but closer to Marco. There will be alot of traffic then so getting in to Old Naples will be like 35 - 40 mins, 10mins to Marco but slow going around the island. Let me know if there is more you want to know. - Chad

FlatBoard
03-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I think you should take me along as your personal guide.. All expenses paid of course!!!

Datdude
03-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Look up Captain Bubby (don't know his last name) in Marco, or Captain Will Garriety in Naples and have them take you fishing. Both guys are awesome guides and you will catch fish. If you are looking for good dining try "Chops" in Naples. "The Dock" in Naples is also a really cool place. I think I got drunk at a place called the "Sand Bar" in Marco Island a few years ago:confused: . They had really cold beer and a Golden Tee machine:cool: . Enjoy the trip

Maristar210
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
what about this member

"waterski marcoisland"

and his website www.waterskimarcoisland.com???

Anyone know this guy?

BriEOD
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
I was in Naples 2 weeks ago. The weather was great but I'd say the median age of the population was 65. OMG it was like where the old go to die....

Haven't been to MI since I was a kid. Lots of stingrays if I remember right. Make sure you shuffle those feet. Not sure about dining etc. I assume you are flying into Ft. Myers and driving south?

TX.X-30 fan
03-06-2007, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=BriEOD] I'd say the median age of the population was 65. OMG it was like where the old go to die....

That sounds perfect for Maristar210 :D :D

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I was in Naples 2 weeks ago. The weather was great but I'd say the median age of the population was 65. OMG it was like where the old go to die....

Haven't been to MI since I was a kid. Lots of stingrays if I remember right. Make sure you shuffle those feet. Not sure about dining etc. I assume you are flying into Ft. Myers and driving south?

Yeah Bri Flying from Detroit into Ft. Myers. Rented a big *** caddy just so we'd fit in. As long as it's warm. quiet and the 65 year olds don't try to steal my beer we're good

Tx-X 30... bite me dude:D

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah Bri Flying from Detroit into Ft. Myers. Rented a big *** caddy just so we'd fit in. As long as it's warm. quiet and the 65 year olds don't try to steal my beer we're good

Are all your shots current. :D

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
[/B]

Are all your shots current. :D

I think so but I got this rash:D :D

Monte
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I think so but I got this rash:D :D

So you've been hangin out with HB again:confused: :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear that. 8p

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear that. 8p

Nope not psoriasis....LOWER

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Nope not psoriasis....LOWER

EWWWWWWWWWWW 8p

BriEOD
03-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Probably a good 1-1.5 hour ride south on I-75 to get to MI from Ft Myers.

cdstukey
03-10-2007, 05:12 PM
"Anyone have any suggestions with regard to dining"

Aside from the Snook Inn, Joeys - Italian/Pizza on Collier Blvd not quite to San Marco Dr. Island Cafe, also on Collier just past Jetset Surf Shop, good food usually kind of pricey but if you go at 5:30pm they usually have a $25/pp deal that is well worth it - soup/salad, app, main course, desert. Michelbobs for take out ribs across the street (Collier) from Jetset.

Ric
03-10-2007, 05:31 PM
snookinn has webcams and I just saw staristar doing the titanic thing on the front of a pontoon as it passed the cam

Workin' 4 Toys
03-14-2007, 01:47 AM
what about this member

"waterski marcoisland"

and his website www.waterskimarcoisland.com??? (http://www.waterskimarcoisland.com???)

Anyone know this guy?

Yes. Dustin brought us out to some unbelievable water. Very nice guy, and would certainly check in with him again when I get back over there.