PDA

View Full Version : Snowskiers out there??

Willski
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I've spent some time on the board here and don't see much about snow skiing. I am headed to Winter Park on Wed through Mon. 3 days of skiing and one snowmobiling. Anybody been there....tips?

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Sorry never been but I'm sure someone on here has.

Good luck and have fun.

weskix4
03-05-2007, 04:29 PM
It's been over 20 years since my last trip to Winter Park, but I must say that an "ounce of Mary Jane (Winter Park sister mountain) is worth a whole pound of Aspen." Additionally, Winter Park is still in my top 2 or 3 of the places that I have shooshed in Colorado and Utah. Your Spring skiing conditions should be great!

dmayer84
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I think that Winter park is one of the few places that I havent been. How is it there, worth a trip out?

ttu
03-05-2007, 04:37 PM
willski, i am heading back to wp in less than two weeks. i ski about 15-20 days a year there.

one bit of advice is if you can handle skiing at mary jane, you can park there for free vs. parking at winter park which is 10 on weekdays and 20 on weekends plus you are much closer to the lifts. i also like the locker room at mary jane's base much better and not near as many people.

sunspot is at the top of the zephyer lift which you can get to from the top of mary jane (taking the signs down over to winter park mt.) really makes a awesome bloody mary.

if the weather is good and not to windy try to go to the persern bowl. it has some great runs along with killer views.

there is a really good pizza joint in town.

have fun and leave some snow for me.

db

Willski
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
willski, i am heading back to wp in less than two weeks. i ski about 15-20 days a year there.

one bit of advice is if you can handle skiing at mary jane, you can park there for free vs. parking at winter park which is 10 on weekdays and 20 on weekends plus you are much closer to the lifts. i also like the locker room at mary jane's base much better and not near as many people.

sunspot is at the top of the zephyer lift which you can get to from the top of mary jane (taking the signs down over to winter park mt.) really makes a awesome bloody mary.

if the weather is good and not to windy try to go to the persern bowl. it has some great runs along with killer views.

there is a really good pizza joint in town.

have fun and leave some snow for me.

db

Thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to it. Looks like decent weather.

chudson
03-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Went to Keystone over tke MLK holiday, the skiing was great and we got about 8" new while there. Went over to Vail and Breck also, 1st trip to Vail ever and they had the best skiing. I get a daily email from Steamboat (my favorite place) on snow conditions and the just went over 301" Cumulative so far this year. The last email I recieved last year said they got 431", their 4th snowiest season on record. So they are getting some good snow out there. Went to WP and MJ along time ago and it was a great place. Have a great time and be careful!!!

Willski
03-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I went to Breck and Beaver Creek last year. Good conditions but no new snow. We went to Vail 6 yrs. ago for the first time, just one day. Went straight to the back side. Never skied the front except to get back to the village. I would like to go back there.

east tx skier
03-05-2007, 05:44 PM
This is the first year I've missed going in some time. I've been on snow skis since 1975.

ttu
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I've spent some time on the board here and don't see much about snow skiing. I am headed to Winter Park on Wed through Mon. 3 days of skiing and one snowmobiling. Anybody been there....tips?

if you have anymore questions about wp, just let me know.

have fun8p

Willski
03-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Will do, although I'm leaving in the morning. We have a group of 9 and at least 5 of them were there last year, so that helps. Thanks for your help.

tex
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I leave for Park City on Friday-It'll be weird being at the mountain and not skiing-Look out bars!

tex
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
double post-I'm Thirsty!

peason
03-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Headed to WP in a couple of weeks. Haven't been out to CO in quite some time. This will be the first time I have snowboarded in CO, jut took it up last year. Should be fun. TTU - what's the name of the pizza joint?

ttu
03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Headed to WP in a couple of weeks. Haven't been out to CO in quite some time. This will be the first time I have snowboarded in CO, jut took it up last year. Should be fun. TTU - what's the name of the pizza joint?

it is called hernando's pizza pub on highway 40. get there early because it gets crowded.

where are you staying?

we are at iron horse.

be careful getting out there and maybe we will see you guys.

doug

Willski
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Just got back Mon. night. Had a great time. Some sun, some new snow, some snowmobiling, hot tubbing, beer drinking!!

We ate out 2 nights. One night was Smokin' Mo's?? BBQ place. The other night we went to a place that had great steaks. Can't remember the name of it, but it had a pool room upstairs with 3 or 4 big tables.

chudson
03-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey good to see your back, so sounds like you had a great time. Was it crowded at all?

Willski
03-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey good to see your back, so sounds like you had a great time. Was it crowded at all?

It was a little crowded on the weekend, but not really that bad. We skied Thurs/Sat/Sun. There was really only one lift (Timberline-2 man) that had much of a wait. They are in the process of replacing it with a high speed 6 chair.