PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter is learing to RIDE

pram
03-05-2007, 02:23 PM
My 5 (6 in May) year old daughter is learning to ride her dirt bike, a PW50.

It had training wheels on it on the first day that we went out and part way through that first day we took them off and away she went.

We have been out twice now riding on a dirt road at my work.

There have been a few crashes, some bumps and scrapes but she keeps getting back on.

Strange feeling watching your child head on down the road on a motorbike, pride and fear all rolled into one.

I have been looking for used riding gear for her and is it ever hard to find. I think that perhaps it just gets sold between friends.

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Went through the same thing and found that E-Bay is the best place to find gear.

OBTW I totaly know that feeling. I have 3 that ride (5yrs, 7yrs and 9yrs)

Maristar210
03-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Wait until you see her hit her first jump and your heart sinks into your stomach. Mine is on his fourth Dirt bike and scares me rather consistently.

Good for her - Looks right at home -

Steve

chudson
03-05-2007, 03:15 PM
That's great Pram she's a pretty gutsy little gal, great picture too!!!

pram
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I hear yah about Ebay I am just concerned about sizing that is all.

Maybe have to go in to the store and look at sizing to determine what I should be looking for

Went through the same thing and found that E-Bay is the best place to find gear.

OBTW I totaly know that feeling. I have 3 that ride (5yrs, 7yrs and 9yrs)

pram
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
No no no no jumping, ok maybe a little if she wants. Every time that she takes off I run after her as fast I can but it ain't no use trying to keep up anymore. All I can do is catch up to her at the end of the road, give her some more words of encouragement and send her on her way again with me running 30 seconds behind her

Wait until you see her hit her first jump and your heart sinks into your stomach. Mine is on his fourth Dirt bike and scares me rather consistently.

Good for her - Looks right at home -

Steve

pram
03-05-2007, 04:39 PM
I am very proud of her for wanting to ride. Hope that she keeps with it so she can be one of those cool girls that dirt bikes when she gets older:D or even street bike if she wants;)

I am going to frame that picture and hang it up on the wall tonight.

That's great Pram she's a pretty gutsy little gal, great picture too!!!

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I hear yah about Ebay I am just concerned about sizing that is all.

Maybe have to go in to the store and look at sizing to determine what I should be looking for

That's what I had to do!!!!!!!!

pram
03-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I phoned all of the bike shops in our area this weekend asking about used gear. Everyone of them said that there is no avenue really to find/source out used gear for kids. Should open a website just for used kids Motocross gear. People could post their stuff on it. Wonder if it would fly?

That's what I had to do!!!!!!!!

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I phoned all of the bike shops in our area this weekend asking about used gear. Everyone of them said that there is no avenue really to find/source out used gear for kids. Should open a website just for used kids Motocross gear. People could post their stuff on it. Wonder if it would fly?

I would bet that it would. I would post on the web site Kids sizes so that parents could size up there kids.:)

pram
03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
That is a good idea about the sizing charts. I will have to talk to my friend the web guy to see how feasible it would be get a website like this up and running.

I would bet that it would. I would post on the web site Kids sizes so that parents could size up there kids.:)

SkiDog
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Pram, I've got as pair of Moto X boots that my son used to wear and has outgrown. I'll find out the size and let you know if you're intrested. There is one buckle thats missing, but they still buckle up tight without that one.

Archimedes
03-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh same here, pride and fear that is. My son was 6 when I turned him loose the first time on a CRF50 and it was fun and scary all at the same time. Second ride he went down HARD (one of those Superman style, losing control, nailing the throttle, oh-crap-this-is-gonna hurt falls) and I was impressed to see him pop right back up, shut bike off, pick it up and get back on. Still scared the crap out of me. He's taken one other hard fall learning that the front will wash out on gravel, but came out okay. Great time when we ride, but I always have that nagging fear that I can never quite shake. Could be all the metal in my right leg from my moto adventures.

pram
03-05-2007, 07:19 PM
You betcha I'm interested:) . Will watch for the info

Thanks Paul

Pram, I've got as pair of Moto X boots that my son used to wear and has outgrown. I'll find out the size and let you know if you're intrested. There is one buckle thats missing, but they still buckle up tight without that one.