PDA

View Full Version : fischer skis done deal???

rodltg2
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
according to schnitzskis, sounds like fischer skis is out of the waterski market..

BrianM
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
I that is true it was short lived. They never really even made it into the market. More like an expanded bunch of protypes.

MYMC
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Now there's a shock...wait Snitz was involved...I take that back.

BrianM
03-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Do you have a link Rod? I can't find anything on his site. Except that he is selling a64" blue Fischer for $1150 plus shipping.

Never mind. Found it. This is the quote from his site:

"Setting the Record Straight 1"

I have been told I designed the fin system on the Fischer. Actually, I was involved in the Fischer project from it's inception. I gave input on the ski shape, design, rocker, flex, texture, top, bottom, edges, fin, clamp, wing, settings, inserts, hole patterns, etc., etc.. I rode and tested many versions of this ski. I continually pushed (I should say attempted to push) Fischer on this project. At times they listened and at times they did not. They did not listen when I told them the wing they supplied with the ski was dangerous. They did not listen when I told them not to paint the top of the ski. They did not listen regarding the inserts and their location. They did not listen regarding the flex and layup. The price of not listening? Fischer is no longer in the waterski business!

Ric
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
wow !

Do you have a link Rod? I can't find anything on his site. Except that he is selling a64" blue Fischer for $1150 plus shipping.

I have been told I designed the fin system on the Fischer. Actually, I was involved in the Fischer project from it's inception. I gave input on the ski shape, design, rocker, flex, texture, top, bottom, edges, fin, clamp, wing, settings, inserts, hole patterns, etc., etc.. I rode and tested many versions of this ski. I continually pushed (I should say attempted to push) Fischer on this project. At times they listened and at times they did not. They did not listen when I told them the wing they supplied with the ski was dangerous. They did not listen when I told them not to paint the top of the ski. They did not listen regarding the inserts and their location. They did not listen regarding the flex and layup. The price of not listening? Fischer is no longer in the waterski business!

bbeach
03-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Did Schnitz invent Waterskiing too? He sure makes it sound like it! haha!

CarlosCabanas
03-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Is shnitz just giving bad publicity because he is mad that Jodi Fisher has all the rights to the north american market and shnitz can't sell them?? The water ski is still on the Fischer web site...
http://www.fischer-ct.com/en/waterski/

I was sponsored by fisher skis once upon a time....(not water skiing). top quality!!

Carlos

Brent
03-05-2007, 05:47 PM
I spoke to Schnitz in the middle of Feb @ Okeeheelee & we discussed Fischer . He is really pissed @ them , he gave all his help in development with the expectation of having distribution rights . These things keep happening to Steve so I'm guessing they are not coincidence (Goode training center- Okeeheelee ban - HO not paying him for his fin box design). I do hope that Ficsher continues ,well see.I also hope that Schnitz has one of these things come through to fruition.

BrianM
03-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Who knows. There is obviously some bad blood. Seems to be yet another waterski soap opera. That being said all of the hype on the Fischer and still no real access for the masses. Whatever, I am not one that needs to have a first year ski. I am going to stick with my Monza for at least another year.

east tx skier
03-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Did Schnitz invent Waterskiing too? He sure makes it sound like it! haha!

Now everybody knows that Fonzie invented water skiing.

http://digitalretrograde.com/Photos/jump_the_shark.jpg

MYMC
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Typical Snitz..."I invented it" (after the fact and after it becomes popular or proven)...backed Accuski and hated Perfect Pass...the list goes on and on. But the chart topper...was when he was really pumped up about a certain Dr. that was gonna show all the pros how to do it right (ski by coordinates was it?)...I guess that means use cables under water to narrow the course during your run and return it to regulation for everyone else.:confused:

TMCNo1
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Yea WoW! I wonder if they had words before they fell out?????????????