PDA

View Full Version : Spring Boat Boat Show At Rock Finanical in Novi, Mi.

1984StarsandStripes
03-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Any one planning on attending??? The Spring Boat Show at the Rock Finanical, never been there but I plan on going Friday, March 16th afterwork. Be cool to run into some Team Mastercraft Members while there!!!
Jeff

ski36short
03-05-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it - I'm going up to Boyne Friday for St. Patty's day/Krazy Daze/Carnivale or whatever they call it now. Then focus will shift to water skiing...

In the past the Novi show is a good show to hit for ski boats/gear/etc. but I haven't been in a couple years. I'd be curious to see how much gear is actually there - it's pretty thin at the Detroit show.

Nice signature BTW!

ProTour X9
03-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Not going but nice to see some more Michiganders on TMC.

1984StarsandStripes
03-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Bummer you aren't able to make it, I guess the show starts on the Thursday... are you going to try and make it then. I am basically going for gear and hopefully some Mastercraft stickers and swag(I hope)!!!!!!!!!! I need a wake rope and maybe a new board. Truthfully, I have also been looking for a tower as well (I am prepared for the razzing of towering a S and S, not really but it would make the boat more useable to me.

I don't think I'm going to make it - I'm going up to Boyne Friday for St. Patty's day/Krazy Daze/Carnivale or whatever they call it now. Then focus will shift to water skiing...

In the past the Novi show is a good show to hit for ski boats/gear/etc. but I haven't been in a couple years. I'd be curious to see how much gear is actually there - it's pretty thin at the Detroit show.

Nice signature BTW!

1984StarsandStripes
03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
X9, where in the Great Lakes state are you?

Not going but nice to see some more Michiganders on TMC.

ProTour X9
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
WEST Michigan:cool:

sberry3827
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
While we have all the Michigan people rounding up, I'm just curious where everyone in Michigan is at. I'm in the Flint area, boat is mostly used in Gladwin though. What about you?

Maristar210
03-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Grand Rapids Michigan

Very close to here:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=&ed=UA5Dk.p_0ToXGy6p32ml1jjcFIQbus6OXVBJiDXr1yGOhGm wmEyosuzMmtWdiKmZSiBAIvuMAH7LgtmqY6ghsmGw7fj5NzpkS FzI&csz=Grand+Rapids%2C+MI+49546&desc=&mag=2&ds=n&state=MI&uzip=49546&country=US&BFKey=&cat=trav&resize=l&trf=0

ridehype4life
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Oakland County, boat is used mostly up on Lake Charlevoix off of Boyne City.

ProTour X9
03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Cool ridehype4life we're going to Charlevoix this June, hope to see ya!!

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 08:32 AM
I am southeast of Lansing in Fowlerville. I think we should all get together somewhere in the Lower Penn. and maybe we should invite the TMC superstar UMP to get down here.

While we have all the Michigan people rounding up, I'm just curious where everyone in Michigan is at. I'm in the Flint area, boat is mostly used in Gladwin though. What about you?

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 08:34 AM
I went to school at Western on the West SIDE!

WEST Michigan:cool:

boatless
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I am from Wayland area, where Gun lake is. I saw a few MC owner out there during the summer but didn't know who they are.

boatless.

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Where is Wayland? I have heard of Gun Lake but never been there obvisouly! Summer Road Trip?

I am from Wayland area, where Gun lake is. I saw a few MC owner out there during the summer but didn't know who they are.

boatless.

Maristar210
03-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Grand Rapids Michigan

Very close to here:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=&ed=UA5Dk.p_0ToXGy6p32ml1jjcFIQbus6OXVBJiDXr1yGOhGm wmEyosuzMmtWdiKmZSiBAIvuMAH7LgtmqY6ghsmGw7fj5NzpkS FzI&csz=Grand+Rapids%2C+MI+49546&desc=&mag=2&ds=n&state=MI&uzip=49546&country=US&BFKey=&cat=trav&resize=l&trf=0

You guys are welcome to come ski the course / wakeboard anytime during the summer. Other TT members have been out before and are welcome back anytime too..Private water accessable by residents only.

Boatless - I was at Gun Lake last year. I grew up with a a boat on Baugman's marina. When I went back the whole thing was condo's and the lake was a madhouse. I saw a 26 skater go flying across the lake and that was enough for me..

Back to the river:D

sberry3827
03-06-2007, 10:35 AM
I am southeast of Lansing in Fowlerville. I think we should all get together somewhere in the Lower Penn. and maybe we should invite the TMC superstar UMP to get down here.
Absolutely. We need to start an annual gathering for the Michigan folk.

boatless
03-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Wayland is about 30 minutes between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.

Maristar 210,

I know what you mean, I don't know why would some one run a big boat like that on a shallow lake. :rolleyes: But Gun Lake sure have a lot of places for every one to enjoy. It does get very busy during the holiday weekends but during the week is like having the lake for yourself.

boatless.

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, I got you! We used to drive up that way when I was going to school. Does anyone boat on Gull Lake?

Wayland is about 30 minutes between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.

Maristar 210,

I know what you mean, I don't know why would some one run a big boat like that on a shallow lake. :rolleyes: But Gun Lake sure have a lot of places for every one to enjoy. It does get very busy during the holiday weekends but during the week is like having the lake for yourself.

boatless.

suedv
03-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I live in Grand Rapids.

Regarding Gun Lake: It is OK late in the fall. However, we've found it to be too crazy for our comfort level in the summer and don't go there as a rule. One time our son Ben fell skiing and immediately after he fell another boat went at a really high speed between us and Ben and chopped his rope. Ben was upset because it was his first time to use the rope. What really made me upset was that boat was very close to Ben. The distance they were from us was clearly closer than the legal limits allow for you to be to another boat. That driver wasn't watching because if he was he would have seen that we had someone behind the boat on skis. The guy had been drinking a quite a few too many beers. He was stopped in the water by us while we were picking up Ben and with slurred speech complained to us about the rope stuck in his prop.

OK back to the thread. It would be nice to get together with Michigan TT folks.

And no we haven't been on Gull Lake. We usually go to Reeds lake (if we don't have a lot of time) or over to the Bass River State Recreation Area. Rick's brother lives near the Bass River State Rec area so we have a lot of fun there. Both our family and his brother's family are into show skiing so we get doing a lot of creative ski stuff together. We sometimes find other people from the ski team at the rec areas as well. Then that is even more fun.

boatless
03-06-2007, 01:08 PM
suedv,

I am really sorry to hear that. We have a huge state park on Gun Lake, and it gets really busy at time. Some time we would run into idiot like you mentioned. Talk about drinking and boating, we have a few also. Lately there are more sherif on the lake and it seem to calm down a bit but not much.

boatless.

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 01:17 PM
So, who is going to be in charge of this Michigan MC Rally?

sberry3827
03-06-2007, 01:20 PM
So, who is going to be in charge of this Michigan MC Rally?
NOT IT, but I'll attend. :)

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Second the not it, but I will attend and bring the MC

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Where is the great UMP???? UMP, yoopers are invited to chime in on this thread!!! UMP UMP UMP???

boatless
03-06-2007, 02:07 PM

I think the local MC dealer should set up some thing for us. I think you should be the one to start some thing with our dealer. :D

boatless.

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 02:14 PM
With what dealer? Be tough to setup something with an West side being the east side or middle of the state?

I think the local MC dealer should set up some thing for us. I think you should be the one to start some thing with our dealer. :D

boatless.

Maristar210
03-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Action Water Sports expressed interest at one point over the boat show about having an in the water demo show in Grand Rapids on the Thornapple River. We have a small private "marina" where it could be held.

Hmmmmmm......

1984StarsandStripes
03-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Hmmm , sounds interesting I would be willing to pull the S and S to GR!! Sounds like a good time!
You should contact them and see what they cant put together!

Action Water Sports expressed interest at one point over the boat show about having an in the water demo show in Grand Rapids on the Thornapple River. We have a small private "marina" where it could be held.

Hmmmmmm......

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
bump!!!!:cool:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-07-2007, 09:24 AM
YOu mean yoos guys want ME to come ski with you???? YOu must be hard up for participants if your inviting ME!8p ;) Well, Problem for me is distance. If this is anywhere in the LP, I will have a full day haul to get there. I towed my boat across the Mac once when I brought it home, that was enough for me. I am not saying "NO". It will just depend on where and when yoos guys decide to organize such an event. I been teak oiling my cape for spring, so I may fly in for it. I am still learning to fly with my Monza on. Aint to good at it yet. Hit a goose with it last fall:o

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey, we in the lower don't exclude those in other states! hahah I mean other Pennisulas! hahah :D Maybe we could go up towards the bridge???? Anyone got any ideas? Other Great Lake states are welcome as well!

YOu mean yoos guys want ME to come ski with you???? YOu must be hard up for participants if your inviting ME!8p ;) Well, Problem for me is distance. If this is anywhere in the LP, I will have a full day haul to get there. I towed my boat across the Mac once when I brought it home, that was enough for me. I am not saying "NO". It will just depend on where and when yoos guys decide to organize such an event. I been teak oiling my cape for spring, so I may fly in for it. I am still learning to fly with my Monza on. Aint to good at it yet. Hit a goose with it last fall:o

03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Other Great Lake states are welcome as well!
Oh great! now you[ve just opened up the inviatation to Hoosier bob.:rolleyes:

;) 8p

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 11:40 AM

UMP-

What about the drive only if Action had a new 197 for you to ski behind all you would have to do is bring you Monza and a change of underwear?:D

1984StarsandStripes
03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
HEY UMP,

What if I told you you could ski behind the Ulimate ski boat!!! MY 1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes with 351 ford and the Velvetdrive one to one swinging a OJ 13 by 13 prop!!!! NOW screw the 197 you can ski behind the WAKELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO Wake to cross!

UMP-

What about the drive only if Action had a new 197 for you to ski behind all you would have to do is bring you Monza and a change of underwear?:D

03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
UMP-

Hey, hey , hey now! lets leave my undies out of this!:mad: :rolleyes:

03-07-2007, 02:16 PM
HEY UMP,

What if I told you you could ski behind the Ulimate ski boat!!! MY 1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes with 351 ford and the Velvetdrive one to one swinging a OJ 13 by 13 prop!!!! NOW screw the 197 you can ski behind the WAKELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO Wake to cross!
Oooo I dont know. Sounds good! I would be more inclined to ski behind the S & S anyday than a new 197. I am OLD SCHOOL BABY!:D The wake on my 91 aint that bad IMO.......I think its a pretty good wake.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm in livonia, but the boat is up on Intermediate lake, near torch.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 06:39 PM
I am currently a student at GV, mabey I can get a pull sometime when it warms up from you GR guys. I plan on bringing my boat down to school after the summer because someone told me about a secret spot.

suedv
03-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I am currently a student at GV, mabey I can get a pull sometime when it warms up from you GR guys. I plan on bringing my boat down to school after the summer because someone told me about a secret spot.

You can come out with us if you want. We frequently take our boat to Allendale. The Bass River State Recreation Area, better known as the gravel pits is right out your way.

Last year the guys in my house were out on skis on April 1. And, if you're wondering... the water was COLD!

suedv
03-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey, hey , hey now! lets leave my undies out of this!:mad: :rolleyes:

Steve,
I think we have to focus on the cape.

UMP,
We want you to come down and visit us trolls who live under the bridge.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 10:37 PM
The gravel pits is the area I was told about at the GR boat show. Stoked to get out and give it a go.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 10:38 PM
The gravel pits is the area I was told about at the GR boat show. Stoked to get out and give it a go.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I was told about the gravel pits at the GR boat show, by a malibu salesman. That is why I will be bringing my boat down when I go back to school at the end of the summer.

86mcskier
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
sorry about all the posts, the comp i bein a little slow.....

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
sorry about all the posts, the comp i bein a little slow.....

Man I have heard about trying to run up your post count right out of the gate but geeeez.

Just kidding - Welcome !!!!

1984StarsandStripes
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Suedv,
I skied last year on April 17th without a wetsuit or drysuit. I call it my polar Bear Ski! I am going to try and beat that this year.
'84

You can come out with us if you want. We frequently take our boat to Allendale. The Bass River State Recreation Area, better known as the gravel pits is right out your way.

Last year the guys in my house were out on skis on April 1. And, if you're wondering... the water was COLD!

03-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Steve,
I think we have to focus on the cape.

UMP,
We want you to come down and visit us trolls who live under the bridge.
OH I dont know about that visiting stuff, yoos guys aint got no good pasties down there, dontchano! (hows that for grammar!;) )

8p

1984StarsandStripes
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey bring some with you! Get you and your cape over the bridge and down here!

OH I dont know about that visiting stuff, yoos guys aint got no good pasties down there, dontchano! (hows that for grammar!;) )

8p

03-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey bring some with you! Get you and your cape over the bridge and down here!
Actually, I think its illegal for super heros to fly near the bridge. they dont want us distracting drivers. it creates a traffic hazard, dontchano! I will just fly to the bridge, swim across, and then fly down to meet you trolls. hope you dont mind soggy pasties.8p

1984StarsandStripes
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Haven't they invented Zip-loc bags in the UP yet?;) I know you guys are independent but man!

Actually, I think its illegal for super heros to fly near the bridge. they dont want us distracting drivers. it creates a traffic hazard, dontchano! I will just fly to the bridge, swim across, and then fly down to meet you trolls. hope you dont mind soggy pasties.8p