PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Key??????

123src
03-05-2007, 12:24 AM
I may have already asked this question before, but does anyone know where I can get my hands on some keys from '92? My Mastercraft label on the round part is being held together with scotch tape right now:cry: :cry: :cry: I understand that blanks were NOT made for these keys and that IF i was able to find something, I would have to buy the ignition also... this would not be a problem. Can anyone help????

Thanks in advance:D

TMCNo1
03-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think that just a key blank is available, unless a dealer would have one laying around, how about it Eric, MYMC, Jim@ BAWS. You may have to resort to buying a complete ignition switch/key to get a key, yet it may be a current model, not a '92.

JohnnyB
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
You probably won't have any luck finding the Mastercraft keys again. But, a good hardware store will probably be able to find a blank that matches and cut you some extras.

I know i went through this with my 92 and my 04. The dealer blanks were expensive but they were <$1 at a hardware store. You'll just have to live without the fancy MC logo, etc.

flyinryn
03-06-2007, 01:20 AM
Another thing that might help your search our a little bit, and this might be one of those rumor kind of things, maybe some of the reps on this board can help sort this one out, but i was told that all mastercraft keys from like the 92 collection will work on all 92 mastercrafts.

So this might aslo be true for some of the other years as well.

i am not sure how true this is, and i have never tried it, but might be worth a shot.....