PDA

View Full Version : Water Ski magazine

Knoxes
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
And the annual new boat guide.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I think they should go out on a limb and endorse their picks. The individual reviews read like a press release. There's little or no discussion of any shortcomings of these boats, so it really does differentiate them at all.

Holla?

ski_king
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
And the annual new boat guide.

Personally, I'm disappointed. I think they should go out on a limb and endorse their picks. The individual reviews read like a press release. There's little or no discussion of any shortcomings of these boats, so it really does differentiate them at all.

Holla?Me too, but this is typical, they don’t want to upset their advertisers and lose income.

mitch
01-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Yup, it's been that way for years now. Still the best issue of the year IMO!

Footin
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I have been disappointed in the boat tests for the last couple years. If you look at the tests preformed on the 1990's they gave ALOT more information regarding the wake, ride, slolom, barefoot....etc, not to mention a more "unbiased" opinion of the boat over all.

ski_king
01-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Yep, the boat issue is always the best issue of the year. Makes the long boring winter evenings and weekends go a little faster and easier when we cant go skiing.
I have been a subscriber for what seems like forever. I even had a subscription to its predecessors, SPRAY and WORLD WATERSKIING before they merged. I will probably continue to subscribe as long as I own a boat.

That being said, I think the magazine sucks. How many articles can you write on “how to” with rehashing the same thing? I did a page count on one issue a year or two ago and determined if you threw out the ads, it would be 22 pages.

I guess the ads are the best part of the magazine.

mitch
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Powerslot, I could not agree more.

east tx skier
01-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, it's weak as far as useful info, but as pslot said, it's all about the ads and pics. Every once in a while, they'll do the thing about building a private lake and it'll be a page-turner.

Mag_Red
01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, it's weak as far as useful info, but as pslot said, it's all about the ads and pics. Every once in a while, they'll do the thing about building a private lake and it'll be a page-turner.I thought the tests were pretty cheesy myself. I was glad to see the 209 made the list though :toast:

Knoxes
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Me too, but this is typical, they don’t want to upset their advertisers and lose income.

Yeah, I know, :(, but you know who'd be gettin' the props. I just wanna hear them say it. SAY MY NAME B!TCH!! :D

http://www.mastercraft.com/html2005/xseries_boats.asp?pmid=43806&contentid=0

Knoxes
01-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh, and a couple of months back, in the wakeboarding section towards the back of the mag, there was a shot of a blond doing a backside butterslide - anybody??

Can I get a witness??

rodltg2
01-14-2005, 04:20 PM
i know who your talking about she is hot! cant remember her name. i agree with the bad reviews. do you think nautique did some advertising in this issue?

east tx skier
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Is it Will Christien?

rodltg2
01-14-2005, 04:24 PM
thats who i was thinking about. from england right?

Knoxes
01-14-2005, 04:50 PM
google don't let me down!!

Wearing something like tight black shorts?

OH. MY. GOD.