PDA

View Full Version : Drive-In movies

milkmania
03-04-2007, 07:09 PM
anybody got one near them?

ours started the opening night of Star Wars.... still going

whitedog
03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Got one 10 min from the house. And 2 more within 2 hours. All colsed an account of cold and snow. :mad: Try to get there a couple of times a year. Double features in July end at like 2:30 A.M. Past my bedtime.:rolleyes:

milkmania
03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Got one 10 min from the house. And 2 more within 2 hours. All colsed an account of cold and snow. :mad: Try to get there a couple of times a year. Double features in July end at like 2:30 A.M. Past my bedtime.:rolleyes:
just noticed ours charges $5.00 per person on double feature night and $4.00 per personon single feature night.....

their claim to not charging by the car-load is that they are running first run movies

found their site:Because we show 1st. run movies We have to charge by the Person not Car load
Admission

Accepting Most Major Credit Cards

Adult: 12 yr. and up $5.00 on Double Feature Nights
Child 3 yr. thru 11 yr. $2.00
Newborn thru 2 Free
Single Feature nights are Adults $4.00

Footin
03-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you watch the movie?

milkmania
03-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Do you watch the movie?

23 years married.........

you bet I do!

Footin
03-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Me too, when she lets me go.

whitedog
03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Do you watch the movie?

Most of the time
If its the wife of 21 yrs and no kids I miss some of it.:D

Not sleepin either.

betsy&david Harrison
03-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I really miss ours. Plowed over for urban sprawl. Last drive in movie I saw was Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Laughed my arse off.

TX.X-30 fan
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I grew up in texas going with my parents, mom made pink lemonade and popcorn. We brought blankets and pillows and my sister and I never made it to the end. I wish I could take my boys to one on a summers evening. You don't think mom and dad were kissin and stuff when we fell asleep. :mad: :mad:

redmike
03-05-2007, 12:27 AM
got one about 10 min down the road, only open in the summer due to the weather though

trickskier
03-05-2007, 09:06 AM
According to what I found on Google, there are only 10 left in Florida.

Monte
03-05-2007, 09:07 AM
We've got two each about 15 mins from each, used to go a lot way back in the HS days, been back once with the kids. One has really gone down hill, someone was shot there about a year ago... So don't think I'll be going back to that one.. The other is nice, and gives me an idea for a friday night.. Thanks Milk............

milkmania
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
According to what I found on Google, there are only 10 left in Florida.

you found more than I did that had UDITOA accreditation (United Drive In Theater Owners Association)

http://www.driveintheatre-ownersassociation.org/driveins.html

we typically try to go at least 6 times a summer

trickskier
03-05-2007, 09:26 AM
you found more than I did that had UDITOA accreditation (United Drive In Theater Owners Association)

http://www.driveintheatre-ownersassociation.org/driveins.html

we typically try to go at least 6 times a summer
Here's the site I found.

http://www.driveinmovie.com/FL.htm

milkmania
03-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Here's the site I found.

http://www.driveinmovie.com/FL.htm

cool, thanks for the link.....
was worried Oklahoma had only 1 drive-in left, but found 11 on your site

trickskier
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
cool, thanks for the link.....
was worried Oklahoma had only 1 drive-in left, but found 11 on your site
You're welcome, glad I could help..........:D

chudson
03-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Got a double up in Gibson City IL. You face the east or the west and you tune in on your FM radio depending on which one your watching.

http://www.harvestmoondrivein.com/

:popcorn: :popcorn:
:popcorn: :steering:

east tx skier
03-05-2007, 10:43 AM
We've got one somewhat near us (on a highway out of town). But it is of the, how do you say, adult variety. Still in business, too.

sizzler
03-05-2007, 10:45 AM
We've got one somewhat near us (on a highway out of town). But it is of the, how do you say, adult variety. Still in business, too.

:eek3: :eek3: :rolleyes:

ski_king
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
There was 3 in town when I was a kid, now just one and I havn't been to it in years, although my kids have been there some.

It now has 5 screens, which sounds interesting, they show more than one movie at a time.
http://www.epictheaters.com/pioneermenu.html

The fun part as a kid was watching the X movies from the the field behind the theater.

milkmania
03-05-2007, 12:00 PM
There was 3 in town when I was a kid, now just one and I havn't been to it in years, although my kids have been there some.

It now has 5 screens, which sounds interesting, they show more than one movie at a time.
http://www.epictheaters.com/pioneermenu.html

The fun part as a kid was watching the X movies from the the field behind the theater.
that's cool!

but, $3.00 for french fries?!?!:eek3:

amusement park prices:rolleyes:

edit:
No Open Fires:(

kpgotgame
03-17-2007, 08:22 AM
We have a couple within about a 50min drive. One is family owned, still charges by the carload, has lots of triple features in the summer. I think we paid about $15 for 3 shows (myself,wife and 2 boys) We support it as much as possible however as mentioned earlier it is a late night - not back home until around 3am. You can bring in whatever you want to eat/drink, but we usually make a trip to the snack bar...again to support the business. (snack bar prices are expectedly high)...they still play the signing and dancing snack ad

Last time we went I was told that it was for sale - My wife actually expressed some interest...

JohnE
03-17-2007, 08:33 AM
We have one a couple miles away. It does a great business and costs either $15 or $20 a car, for 2 movies. It almost always shows those "first runs". We bring our neices and nephew a few times a year when they come in from NJ because they don't have one nearby. They love it.

River Rat
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM

I can still remember riding through Freeport as a kid and asking mom "what kind of movie is that" :eek: My mom covered my eyes and was just a betchin at Dad" I told you not to come this way after dark" WOW the next time I kept my mouth shut:D we har 3 but they all closed down

River Rat
03-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Texas:
Lubbock: STARS & STRIPES DRIVE-IN - new build in 2003 - www.driveinusa.com
Porter: LITESTAR DRIVE-IN - new build in 2005

nothing near me:cry:

M-Funf
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I really miss ours. Plowed over for urban sprawl. Last drive in movie I saw was Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Laughed my arse off.

I think I went to that Drive-In theater with an old girlfriend from Ojai...don't remember what the movie was :rolleyes:

I don't know of ANY drive-in theaters around here. The last one that I remember was the one at the county line that showed...um...well...adult features.

atlfootr
03-20-2007, 10:08 AM
anybody got one near them?You mean they really do, actually still exsist :confused:

flyingskibiker
03-20-2007, 04:38 PM
there are a couple around here. one come w/ free gun play!

milkmania
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
I know what I'm doing this weekend......

We are finally opening the drive-in for the 2007 season this Friday,
April 6th. We will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday now through
Memorial Day, with double features on Friday and Saturday nights. This
weekends movies are Wild Hogs and Ghostrider, both rated PG-13. Wild
Hogs will play by itself on Sunday. We hope to see you this weekend! We
are looking forward to a GREAT season!

:woohoo:

88 PS190
04-05-2007, 12:43 AM
There is one between where Erk lives and where Erk works.