Gone foot'n :D
RED FLAG WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAMPA BAY AREA - RUSKIN FL
302 PM EST SUN MAR 4 2007

...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST TODAY FOR ALL
COUNTIES IN WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...EXCEPT LEE
COUNTY...
...RED FLAG WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY MORNING INTO
MONDAY EVENING FOR ALL OF WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...

.HIGH PRESSURE AND A DRY AIRMASS WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD INTO THE
AREA FROM THE NORTH THROUGH MONDAY. THE DRY AIRMASS WILL RESULT
IN LONG DURATIONS OF LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA
THIS AFTERNOON...AND ALL OF WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA AND SOUTHWEST
FLORIDA DURING MONDAY.

JohnnyB
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm assuming that a red flag warning means it is unseasonably dry with no winds?????

TMCNo1
03-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Gone foot'n :D
RED FLAG WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAMPA BAY AREA - RUSKIN FL
302 PM EST SUN MAR 4 2007

...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST TODAY FOR ALL
COUNTIES IN WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...EXCEPT LEE
COUNTY...
...RED FLAG WARNING IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY MORNING INTO
MONDAY EVENING FOR ALL OF WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST FLORIDA...

.HIGH PRESSURE AND A DRY AIRMASS WILL CONTINUE TO BUILD INTO THE
AREA FROM THE NORTH THROUGH MONDAY. THE DRY AIRMASS WILL RESULT
IN LONG DURATIONS OF LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA
THIS AFTERNOON...AND ALL OF WEST CENTRAL FLORIDA AND SOUTHWEST
FLORIDA DURING MONDAY.

What are you trying to say?

atlfootr
03-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Windy as heck on my side of the lake, smooth as glass on the other.
Made 2 runs and ended the last, in whitecaps :rolleyes:

Slinkyredfoot
03-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Why didn't you go to the other side?:confused:

atlfootr
03-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Why didn't you go to the other side?:confused:I did, that's where I made my runs .... then ended in front of my dock.

SkiDog
03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I did, that's where I made my runs .... then ended in front of my dock.

Is footing all you do, or do you ski too? Seems like footin all the time might get boring.:confused:

JohnnyB
03-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Is footing all you do, or do you ski too? Seems like footin all the time might get boring.:confused:

NOT :D

atlfootr
03-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Is footing all you do, or do you ski too? Seems like footin all the time might get boring.:confused:Hey DOG ....

Is foot'n all you do? YES :D And :noface: it never gets boring.
Come down and I'll show you, why 8p

Flatwaterfooter
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM

Why would you think it would get boring. I foot and ski, but if there is no course skiing is uneventful to me, just back and forth. With footing you always have the challenge of learning a new trick

atlfootr
03-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Why would you think it would get boring?
With footing you always have the challenge of learning a new trickThanks Fh2ofootr :wavey:

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Why would you think it would get boring. I foot and ski, but if there is no course skiing is uneventful to me, just back and forth. With footing you always have the challenge of learning a new trick

Sounds kinda like wakeboarding. :D :D

Also sounds like you had fun (I'm jealous).

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Sounds kinda like wakeboarding. :D :D
But at twice the speed, you have twice the fun!

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Can 1 learn at 47? :confused:

tex
03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I miss foot'n!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Can 1 learn at 47? :confused:
No problem....I'm learning new stuff every year at 52

areamike
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM

HAHAHA...yeah!

Flatwaterfooter
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks Fh2ofootr :wavey:

I help out were I can.

No Skeez
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I was just skiing with Keith St. Onge two weeks ago, and my dad got up long line for the first time down there, and he's the ripe old age of 55! I was working on my back toe holds, and he was working on the very basics, and the best part was, Keith was as patient with him as with me. I would highly recommend Keith for anyone looking to get some GREAT instruction! And also thanks to AtlFooter, for helping us Northerner's make the most of our time in Winter Haven. He went out of his way to make sure we had the best time we possibly could. Everyone in our group was very impressed to see how a few posts on TT can lead to someone going out of their way as much as he did! Thanks again Rob, and watch for the UPS man sometime mid next week!:friday:

Laurel_Lake_Skier
03-08-2007, 08:30 PM
he's the ripe old age of 55!

Lets be careful there.......some of us.....I mean someone could take offense to that:D

TX.X-30 fan
03-08-2007, 09:22 PM
No problem....I'm learning new stuff every year at 52

I would love to be some newbie entertainment for ya'll

WLfooter
03-10-2007, 02:05 PM
I am brand new to the sight and have enjoyed checking it out. I love to foot and ski. However, I live in a cold climate so staying in shape during the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong winter months is always a struggle. Now that I have reached my 30's the pounds just stay a little too easy...

Anyone have any fun ski related workouts.

areamike
03-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I am brand new to the sight and have enjoyed checking it out. I love to foot and ski. However, I live in a cold climate so staying in shape during the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong winter months is always a struggle. Now that I have reached my 30's the pounds just stay a little too easy...

Anyone have any fun ski related workouts.

WELCOME!

Workouts are not supposed to be fun, if they were, they would be called fun-outs....haha

Anyway, the BEST off season workout to keep your Skiing muscles in check?
Pull-ups and or a Rowing machine. Also, a balance ball is great to use to help maintain your level of balance.

atlfootr
03-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I was just skiing with Keith St. Onge two weeks ago, and my dad got up long line for the first time down there,
and he's the ripe old age of 55! I was working on my back toe holds, he was working on the very basics and the best part is Keith was as patient with him as with me.

I would highly recommend Keith for anyone looking to get some GREAT instruction!

Thanks to atlfootr, for helping us Northerner's make the most of our time in Winter Haven.
He went out of his way to make sure we had the best time, we possibly could.
Everyone in our group was very impressed to see how a few posts on TT can lead to someone
going out of their way as much as he did!
:friday:I just did what you would of done, if I came to WI.
It was my pleasure .... talk soon.

BriEOD
03-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Good stuff guys.

atlfootr
03-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Yea, it was .... good times, new friends and we even got in a few laps on the lake together. :D

atlfootr
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
gone foot'n :wavey:

atlfootr
05-05-2007, 08:37 AM
gone foot'n :wavey:like I said before, gone foot'n! :wavey:

atlfootr
05-16-2007, 05:01 PM
like I said before, gone foot'n! :wavey:like atl said ....

MasterCrafting
05-18-2007, 07:40 PM
With footing you always have the challenge of learning a new trick

Yeah, a painful challenge.

On that not though...Footin' is the only thing I enjoy anymore.

sizzler
06-13-2007, 07:35 AM
sat morning

sizzler
06-13-2007, 07:48 AM
one more..........

André
06-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Nice pics Sizzler!:)

sizzler
06-13-2007, 08:04 AM
merci beaucoup mon ami

theDano
06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
great pics!! How much force is applied to your teeth and jaws for that one trick?

sizzler
06-13-2007, 10:17 AM
i've been doing it for about 20 yrs.....so ,its become natural...its not too difficult a trick......but it looks good........putting your head through the handle is way scarier:D

CoFooter
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree with you Sizzler, way too scary for that rope on neck trick. I'm not putting my neck in a noose at 40mph. Somebody at a tourney out here died a few years back doing just that. Went out the front and the handle collapsed around his neck. Teeth hold looks cool though, good job.

Kaser
06-16-2007, 06:00 PM
My entire life i've never been able to balance on a slalom ski while getting pulled out of the water... so I was never able to do it.

got up first time 2 days ago.. had the time of my life!!!! leaning and cutting and crossing the wake is just so much more exciting on a slalom ski then barefooting... buttttt barefotting you can go backwords, and spin around on your back, and have alot more fun :P

i can definatly say by the end of summer, i'm ganna be doing the course.

atlfootr
06-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree with you Sizzler, way too scary for that rope on neck trick. I'm not putting my neck in a noose at 40mph. Somebody at a tourney out here died a few years back doing just that. Went out the front and the handle collapsed around his neck. Teeth hold looks cool though, good job.Both neck / teeth hold tricks use to be in my runs, back then as now the points aren't high enough to justify the risk ---
10 or 20 points each, I think :rolleyes:

tex
06-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I miss footing! I got 2 or 3 quick rides in before I re-injured my knee. After it was all done, one of my footing buddies said, "I just want to know how good it felt to foot after that long.: I just smiled and said GREAT!

CoFooter
06-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Theres nothing like it Tex. Too bad about the knee. I ripped a groin muscle last night getting too anxious on a back deep. Tried to foot this AM and couldn't even keep my foot over the rope on my forward start. Spent the day driving/watching. I feel your pain. Get well soon.

peason
06-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Sorry to hear about all of the injuries. I am off to my best start for barefooting this year. Had a lot of good runs - of course I don't do anything too spectacular. It's great to be able to get out and have a good run. Hopefully everyone will be back on the horse soon.

atlfootr
06-27-2007, 07:34 PM
http://www.toesuporfaceplant.com/videos/

87MCProstar
06-28-2007, 10:43 AM
atl, those videos are NUTS! do you know whos in them?

atlfootr
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
atl, those videos are NUTS! do you know whos in them?If you look closely there's a list somewhere that's directed to the names of the footers in the video ...
otherwise I spend the time to attempt to find it for you and c/p, if you can't find it yourself.

87MCProstar
06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I was just curious if you knew them personally

atlfootr
07-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Some of the guys I do know, like St.Onge and Herrington.
I taken a lesson from Keith and I ski w/ Brian maybe 1-2 times a week.

06197ttlq9-footer
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
footin boring..... yeah like this one time i almost fell asleep out there. if your board, try doing it with one foot in the strap and no hands, when you get board with that turn around. peace, love and Sweet water 2 all.

sizzler
07-12-2007, 03:15 AM
gotta vary the pose.........

atlfootr
07-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Did a few sets this morn'n w/ no injuries, always a good thing :)

CoFooter
07-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Likewise. Groin is healed, nice to be able to walk/ski again. I think sizzler above has been injury free too long and he is forgettin how much he misses being injured doin that neckhold........

atlfootr
07-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I gave those up long ago :rolleyes: Both because of the low points and safety factor.
Still doing everything else ....

sizzler
07-18-2007, 10:33 AM
my trick routine is still stuck in the 1980's...:D

i need to work on my backs...........but as i am in my 40th year,do i need the pain....??

He!! yeah........bring it on........

theres life in this old dog yet.....

CoFooter
07-18-2007, 11:53 AM
my trick routine is still stuck in the 1980's...:D

i need to work on my backs...........but as i am in my 40th year,do i need the pain....??

He!! yeah........bring it on........

theres life in this old dog yet.....

Sizzler, pain is just weakness leaving your body. Lot of us old farts out here doing this crazy stuff. Il took my first lesson at 40, now 44. I figure I got another 20 yrs before I need to take up golf. keep on rippin it up.

atlfootr
07-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Co,

Wonder'n if you ever plan on com'n to Florida, Winter Haven to be percise?

CoFooter
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Would like to. I tried to get to Scarpa/KSO earlier this year, but work and other commits squashed that. This spring for sure come hell or high water. I'll definitely let you know.

captain planet
07-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I hate to interrupt here but I finally got up long line over vacation this year :banana: It was really cool. I was pretty jazzed about it. I have been footin' off the boom for several years now. I have put off trying long line since my feet get so hot I figured the short runs wouldn't be worth it. Boy was I wrong! How cool to finally get up back there! And THank you to casx2 for the great driving! First time I tried to get up back there (several years ago) my brother was driving....let's just say it wasn't pretty. My boy was able to get me out there and I stood up on the first try. Now I need to start trying tumbles back there now.

peason
07-18-2007, 05:10 PM
Great job. Way to go on the long line! I need to jazz up my run and get working on tumbles.

CoFooter
07-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Way to go, Captain. Once you go long line, its hard to want to go back to the boom. Great job.

No Skeez
07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
This was before work one morning... Nothing like getting a little footin' in before work to start the day off right! Rob - Sorry I missed your call, things have been crazy with work, I'll give you a shout in the next few days!

atlfootr
07-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey Bro,

Sounds great - look frwd talk'n w/ ya soon!
And to reply, yes there's nothing like a few good runs to start the day :wavey:
Alittle impossible rt now due to a afternoon TStorm, but afterwards it'll be like glass; always is.

atlfootr
07-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Went out to tonite after work, a couple of sets do'n double longline w/ a friend's son from Boca ... will post pic's later this week.