PDA

View Full Version : Need help in finding a upgraded alternator.

ksmaristar91
03-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Well the boat is off to the upholter so i am shopping for some upgrades. I did the stero with 3 blue top optimas last year and want to replace the factory alternator with a higher output model. I would like to know any info if you guys have any. The boat is a 91 Maristar 210, with the 351. Part #s or phone numbers would be great, also i did a search but cant tell if anyone has done this on a older boat. Thanks in advance

whitedog
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
These guys have plenty of choices, upto 240 amp.

http://store.alternatorparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=6&Page=1

ksmaristar91
03-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks i will give them a call tommorow.

FlatBoard
03-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Well the boat is off to the upholter so i am shopping for some upgrades. I did the stero with 3 blue top optimas last year and want to replace the factory alternator with a higher output model. I would like to know any info if you guys have any. The boat is a 91 Maristar 210, with the 351. Part #s or phone numbers would be great, also i did a search but cant tell if anyone has done this on a older boat. Thanks in advance

I am having my original alternator rebuilt at an electrical shop from 70A to 120A. That is what my system calls for with the new stereo. Might want to check it out in your area and see if it is worth rebuilding the original vs. a new alternator...