PDA

View Full Version : First time ut on the 01 prostar 190

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 07:52 PM
well my schedule and weather finally agreed and i was able to take out the boat for the first time. aside from some cosmeticswork the boat performed great. the hooked rear really makes a difference on this boat. tracks really well and the wake is amazing. the only thing i notice that isnt a big problem is that it is very sensitive to weight. i need to add some weight to the observers side when driving alone. anyone know much about the MTS ballast. that would seems like it would do the trick. i have the winged rudder on it now and i am contemplating on whether or not to swap it out fot the 06 tunable. it tracks so well now. the only time its an issue is when going around the island.

here are some pics.......

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 07:54 PM

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 07:55 PM

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
funny thing happened to me out there today. my ski partner just got new bindings. so i was curious to see how the felt and tried them on, on the back deck. well while i was trying to take the rear one off, in i went, clothes and all. water was a bit chilly at 55 or so. not exaclty happy to go in.

PendO
03-03-2007, 07:58 PM
rod, it might be difficult to add the MTS ballast, it was a 955MSRP option on my 06, but in retrospect I do not think it was worth it as it is a pain in the balls (it edits the word a s s) to take out and takes away all of my lifejacket storage under the seat .... I'd consider some of the lead/shot bags that can be used as weight for wakeboarding?

PendO
03-03-2007, 08:05 PM
you barely notice the mini-tower frame, boat looks good, are you still going to remove it (tower)?

JohnE
03-03-2007, 08:11 PM
you barely notice the mini-tower frame, boat looks good, are you still going to remove it (tower)?

I didn't even notice the frame until reading your post PendO. And I did remember the thread about Rod removing it while I was looking at the pics.

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 08:16 PM
im going to take it off when i get some help, i need two people to do it. my arms arent long enough te reach from under the the bow to the top to hold the bolt from spinning.

rodltg2
03-03-2007, 08:18 PM
rod, it might be difficult to add the MTS ballast, it was a 955MSRP option on my 06, but in retrospect I do not think it was worth it as it is a pain in the balls (it edits the word a s s) to take out and takes away all of my lifejacket storage under the seat .... I'd consider some of the lead/shot bags that can be used as weight for wakeboarding?

im thinking abut 200lbs should do the trick, enoguh to counter my weight and prop rotation.

KnoxX2
03-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Boat looks great Rod.

Toober Tom
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Nice looking boat, I would like a ride behind that one.

André
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Nice looking boat, I would like a ride behind that one.
Skiing or tubing?
Nice ride rod!

Toober Tom
03-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Skiing or tubing?
Nice ride rod!

Will have to be skiing, if he takes the tower off it will not be worth a dang for toobin

I like the color rod.

André
03-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Will have to be skiing, if he takes the tower off it will not be worth a dang for toobin

I like the color rod.
Hi Brad!:D

Toober Tom
03-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Brad!:D
My name is Tom, or you can call me TTTT (Team Talkin Toober Tom)

H20skeefreek
03-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Rod, great looking boat, and honestly, you don't don't even notice the tower frame, looks great. I love the green.

JR34
03-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Very nice looking boat...I am a little partial since I have the same in black and tan. I have the mini tower too and was curious why you would remove it? I like the option for tubing and recreational skiers so ppl can still sit in back. I didn't notice the frame until someone pointed it out either.

Toober Tom
03-04-2007, 07:45 AM
......... I have the mini tower too and was curious why you would remove it? I like the option for tubing ...........
Now this guy knows what he is talking about!

JohnnyB
03-04-2007, 08:13 AM
well my schedule and weather finally agreed and i was able to take out the boat for the first time. aside from some cosmeticswork the boat performed great. the hooked rear really makes a difference on this boat. tracks really well and the wake is amazing. the only thing i notice that isnt a big problem is that it is very sensitive to weight. i need to add some weight to the observers side when driving alone. anyone know much about the MTS ballast. that would seems like it would do the trick. i have the winged rudder on it now and i am contemplating on whether or not to swap it out fot the 06 tunable. it tracks so well now. the only time its an issue is when going around the island.

here are some pics.......

I thought 03 on up had the hooked hull?

teddy
03-04-2007, 09:48 AM
MTS is nice. It is in one of my friends boats. My boat is a 92 so the option wasn't even conceived of by the factory.

Our solution is 2 85 lb Launch ballast bags like these. They fill quickly. If we have two people in the boat we leave the blocks on shore and if we are skiing with only one person in the boat we tuck the blocks in beside the engine compartment. It levels the wake and doesn't take up any room behind the observers seat.

Cost wise you need to bags at about $35.00 each and either a pump or garden hose to fill them.

http://www.slsports.com/launchpad/85_block.html

BrianM
03-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Very nice looking boat Rod. I agree that the tower is barely noticable but I'm with you, take it off.

As for balance I believe teddy has the best solution above. Although not integrated it is probably the easiest solution. I have contemplated doing the same thing since most of the time it is just two of us skiing. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Footin
03-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Boats looks great Rod. Did you sell the Bu yet?

H20skeefreek
03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Brian, would you take it off if you weren't going to have the gelcoat fixed?

H20skeefreek
03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
funny thing happened to me out there today. my ski partner just got new bindings. so i was curious to see how the felt and tried them on, on the back deck. well while i was trying to take the rear one off, in i went, clothes and all. water was a bit chilly at 55 or so. not exaclty happy to go in.
Rod, are those capri pants?

BrianM
03-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Brian, would you take it off if you weren't going to have the gelcoat fixed?

No. Rod said he is having it repaired.

erkoehler
03-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Rod, if you want to order the ballast bags, let me know and I'll see what I can do price wise;)

sand2snow22
03-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Rod, great pics. For some reason I missed that this boat was green. I would suggest Pop-products instead of the ballast system. You'll be able to save a ton of room, plus they're easy to move around. Wakeboarders use them a lot. They're nicely filled steel shot bags with a handle, I think they come in 40 lbs sacks. Check out www.pop-products.com

dsoby
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice boat Rod. We have several 2 gal gas containers full of tire wieghts.
They weigh 65lbs each and are very stable in the boat. Placing the weight in the rear corner seems to be the best spot for evening out the wake.