PDA

View Full Version : 93 Prostar 25th anivesary

boyson
03-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Over 20 years I have wanted a boat and now I have one. When I was 18 I bought a supra went in partners with my dad and the deal went south paper work did not match the boat. So now I have a 93 Prostar 351 GT40 heads 285 horse. Took it for a test drive last week was very impressed. The previous owners keep the boat in great shape, never stored outside well maintained. Question alternater gauge read a little over 12 volts is this normal? Please give the new boat owner advice.

Jim@BAWS
03-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Over 20 years I have wanted a boat and now I have one. When I was 18 I bought a supra went in partners with my dad and the deal went south paper work did not match the boat. So now I have a 93 Prostar 351 GT40 heads 285 horse. Took it for a test drive last week was very impressed. The previous owners keep the boat in great shape, never stored outside well maintained. Question alternater gauge read a little over 12 volts is this normal? Please give the new boat owner advice.

Mr. Boyson....WELCOME TO THE BOARD AWESOME FIRST PURCHASE

In ref to your question. Your alternator puts out about 14.2 VOLTS so a reading over 12 is GOOD. I have owned personally at 93 SandS myself
Post some photos. Blue Metal Flake Red Metal flake or SiLVER.

Congrats, I am one of the FEW that have the ETCHED GLASS 25th Anniversary Stickers in stock if you need any

Jim@BAWS again WELCOME

boyson
03-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Mr. Boyson....WELCOME TO THE BOARD AWESOME FIRST PURCHASE

In ref to your question. Your alternator puts out about 14.2 VOLTS so a reading over 12 is GOOD. I have owned personally at 93 SandS myself
Post some photos. Blue Metal Flake Red Metal flake or SiLVER.

Congrats, I am one of the FEW that have the ETCHED GLASS 25th Anniversary Stickers in stock if you need any

Jim@BAWS again WELCOME
Jim 12.2 ish on the gauge is ok it's not just the battery level? The color is white and teal with grey and cranberry strips. I will have pics soon. Tell me more about the stickers. Scott

Jim@BAWS
03-03-2007, 01:31 PM
That boat produced during MC's25th year in business. IN 1993 MC made some limited edtion PROSTARS. I hope the owner did not tell you that it was an anniversary edition. There has been ALOT of confusion on that one. MC made a SILVER METAL FLAKE Edition 100 Made. Dealer could also order a STARS AND STRIPES verison in either red and blue metal flake. Not here to burst your bubble over the excitment of your new purchase I am sure it is an AWESOME purchase. It is just not an aniiversary model even though it was made in 1993 as MC 25th year in business. I know on the steering wheel it says 25th Anniversary.

We all look foward to seeing your boat and giving you the guidance you need to make it perfect in every way

Jim@BAWS

TRBenj
03-03-2007, 01:49 PM
. MC made a SILVER METAL FLAKE Edition 100 Made.

I thought they only made 25 of those boats... did they really make that many?

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I thought they only made 25 of those boats... did they really make that many?

There were only 25 made of the 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Silver metalfake boats and sent to dealers on a lottery system. 30 for the 30th and 35 for the 35th and there should be 40 for the 40th Anniversary coming this fall.
The 25th Anniversary boats had all the underwater gear polished and I arranged for Ted Searcey of Quartermaster Polishing of Kernersville, NC to do 30 sets (25 + 5 spare sets) for MC. 2 sets, every 2 weeks for 30 weeks and I was responsible for inspecting the quality on all 30 sets prior to shipping back to MC for assembly on the boats.

Farmer Ted
03-03-2007, 02:35 PM
There were only 25 made of the 25th Silver metalfake boats and sent to dealers on a lottery system. 30 for the 30th and 35 for the 35th and there should be 40 for the 40th Anniversary coming this fall.
The 25th Anniversary boats had all the underwater gear polished and I arranged for Ted Searcey of Quartermaster Polishing of Kernersville, NC to do 30 sets (25 + 5 spare sets) for MC. 2 sets, every 2 weeks for 30 weeks and I was responsible for inspecting quality, all 30 sets prior to shipping back to MC for assembly on the boats.

Harold,

What do the 30th boats look like?

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Harold,

What do the 30th boats look like?

They were not one of the favorite Anniversary boats with the (I think Blue) metalflake stripe coming off the bow and turning into the waving American flag decal about 1/2 way back that was famous for peeling off.
I have seen a couple posted here and will try to search for one to post.

Farmer Ted
03-03-2007, 02:52 PM
They were not one of the favorite Anniversary boats with the (I think Blue) metalflake stripe coming off the bow and turning into the waving American flag decal about 1/2 way back that was famous for peeling off.
I have seen a couple posted here and will try to search for one to post.

I know what a 30th Anniversary looks like, last time I checked there was one parked in my garage.....:D

What did the 30 Limited Edition Annivesary boats look like?

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 02:58 PM
This, it's the one on the right, red/white/blue. I assume you mean the 30 1998 30th Anniversary Limited Edition boats.

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Other than the Limited Edition Anniversary boat the 1998 ProStars looked like this,

JohnnyB
03-03-2007, 03:41 PM

Boyson

Congrats. I'll look forward to pics of your new boat!!!!

boyson
03-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the info on the 25th aniversary that answers some of my questions

KnoxX2
03-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Boyson Congrats on your new boat.

Where in the Southeast are you?

OBTW Welcome to TT there is a wealth of knowlage here on this board.

Farmer Ted
03-03-2007, 10:10 PM
This, it's the one on the right, red/white/blue. I assume you mean the 30 1998 30th Anniversary Limited Edition boats.

That guy on the right looks familiar......

TMCNo1
03-04-2007, 07:40 AM
That guy on the right looks familiar......
I would guess it's you, right?

boyson
03-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Tucson AZ we go to the lake near Phoenix

east tx skier
03-04-2007, 11:15 AM
That boat produced during MC's25th year in business. IN 1993 MC made some limited edtion PROSTARS. I hope the owner did not tell you that it was an anniversary edition. There has been ALOT of confusion on that one. MC made a SILVER METAL FLAKE Edition 100 Made. Dealer could also order a STARS AND STRIPES verison in either red and blue metal flake. Not here to burst your bubble over the excitment of your new purchase I am sure it is an AWESOME purchase. It is just not an aniiversary model even though it was made in 1993 as MC 25th year in business. I know on the steering wheel it says 25th Anniversary.

We all look foward to seeing your boat and giving you the guidance you need to make it perfect in every way

Jim@BAWS

Jim, it wouldn't be March if ... ;)

I think, to be hypertechnical about it (as I'm apt to be), there was no version with the designation "anniversary" unless you count the center wheel cap or window stickers on all of the Pro Stars. But those stickers, as you mentioned don't indicate limited production.

The closest thing to the limited editions offered in 1998 and 2003 is, as Jim mentioned, was the silver metalflake "190 Limited." I believe there were only 25 of these made though. They were supposed to each sport the 310 hp LT1 (but I recall reading somewhere that at least one of them had a Ford in it based on the owner's request). I could be wrong on that one. Harold, didn't you tell me this story?

Also, as Jim mentioned, there were many Stars and Stripes 190s produced in 1993. Unlike today, these were not limited in their production to a specific number. This was an option offered on orders through July 1993. Boats were either blue or red metalflake (main stripe and border stripe) with matching carpet and an all white interior with piping matching the color choice. This option ran the owner a bit over $700 extra or so (about the MSRP of a bimini top). Today, they have the added effect of causing me to drool all over my keyboard.

All that aside, congrats on your new boat. I, among others, think MC really hit it out of the park with their offerings that year. They seem to remain in high demand today. It's okay to take pride in your "boat produced upon MC's 25th Anniversary year." (boy that'd be a long winded deal).

Also, be sure to take Jim up on those "25 years of excellence" replacement decals (even if yours appear in good shape). They are in shorter and shorter supply it seems and are quite apt to fade over time.

JLeuck64
03-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry for the slight thread jack.
I have been curious to know if somebody knew the total number of 30th anniversary models produced. I have number 087, which leads me to believe there could have been at least 100 if not more...

Farmer Ted
03-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry for the slight thread jack.
I have been curious to know if somebody knew the total number of 30th anniversary models produced. I have number 087, which leads me to believe there could have been at least 100 if not more...

I have the same boat, but am the 4th owner. I do not have that plate inside my (left of the glove box correct?)

I have seen similar boats advertised in the low 100s (116 I think)

I've seen them with blue LT1s and black LT1s

DemolitionMan
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Harold what is the guys name in Arkansas who has the silver 25th anniversy edition. I think Ron Deckers 93 ss was the 43th boat to come off the line that year.

TMCNo1
03-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Richard Bean of Sherwood, Arkansas has the Serial #1 of the '93 Limited Edition 25th Anniversary boats. That was the boat Ron Decker originally arranged to get before he changed his mind and ordered the red Stars and Stripes.