PDA

View Full Version : Clarion CMD3

rspiecha
03-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know how many outputs there are on the Clarion CMD3? www.clarion.com doesn't have a manual. The terrible manual that I got with boat doesn't show.

More to the point, are there sub-woofer outputs??? in addition to the front right/left and rear right/left.

thanks

Rob

atlfootr
03-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Surely w/ all the knowledgeable experts on board, someone can answer your question.

DanC
03-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I can't find a CMD3. I don't think there is one.
Do you mean an XMD3? or maybe a CMD4?

www.planetnautique has both of these manuals.
Look in the forum, stereo section. There is a sticky at the top for links to Clarion and Kicker manuals.

rspiecha
03-04-2007, 01:44 AM
My bad, XMD3 head unit.

Thanks

Rob

mike t
03-04-2007, 08:23 AM
the xmd3 has a dedicated subwoofer output and an auxilliary input for connecting to an mp3 or an i-pod.

mark g
03-04-2007, 10:03 AM
there should be rca leads on the back of the head unit, i believe these are the outputs and the aux input, i've got the wiring diags if you want them i've had to scan them in there in separate files i can post them up for you if you wish

mark

mark g
03-04-2007, 10:21 AM
these are the wiring diags for the xmd3 all separate print out and stick together, eight in total next post will have the rest

mark g
03-04-2007, 10:25 AM
heres the rest , dont know if they'll help i got them from clarion a while ago,

bigmac
03-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I rarely use the stereo and have spent little time futzing around with it. There is a user manual and an installation manual. Both are pretty worthless, but the installation manual is the one that addresses connectivity. Lame, but this is all there is manual-wise.

http://mccollister.info/audio1.jpg

rspiecha
03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Thank guys, I have the install and user manuals for the XMD3, just they are not very clear about if it had dedicated sub outputs. So what I have figured out so far, there are 2 pairs of output RCA, and 1 pair of input RCA. So I can use all 4 RCA for a multi channel amp and fade front to rear, or 2 for full frequency and the other for decicated sub output. I assume there is a setting I change on the head unit to switch it.

Does anyone know wire colors for the output RCA pair???

Thanks

Rob

JBaker
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
The grey pair is the front outs and the black pair is programmable for either full-range rear outs or sub outs. The shorter red pair is the inputs.

And yes, you can select REAR or sub out (displays as LPF 80, 120, etc.) on the Head unit by pressing and holding the Title/Adj button (has a small T on the right hand side of the unit) and then scrolling through the menu.

rspiecha
03-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Thank a lot. This is what I was looking for.

Rob