PDA

View Full Version : Stock market "hiccup" cause was identified!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
OK peeps, The cause of the hiccup in the stock market the other day was identified! Now this is the scoop I heard at the coffee shop today. It seems that the pulic market found out that 2007 model of a "certain" slalom ski can no longer use the setscrew adjustment system on the finbox. BY THAT, I mean that the fin box is no longer threaded for setscrews! In the past, the finbox was threaded, but came with no setscrews, igniting a surge in a grey market dealing system selling potentially illegal setscrews by means of hanging out on watersport enthusiast chat boards, etc... that being said, the world finbox set screw market' future is uncertain. Imagine what that will do to steel prices.... have any of you people heard any repercussions of this? I mean this could affect literally Tens of people meaning dollar amounts could mount up into the hundreds. I dont know if this is true or not, so dont take it from me. Its just hear-say......

Think pork bellies peeple, think pork bellies. Buy low, sell high. Get that 401 into gear.

:cool: 8p

sand2snow22
03-01-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL, I hope the screws are stainless!!

03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
LOL, I hope the screws are stainless!!
I hear the grey market setscrews are worthless now. Hope nobody got stuck with a bunch of them in stock.....that would be a bummer. Of course no one would admit to having them..... ;)

slink976
03-01-2007, 10:10 PM
OK peeps, The cause of the hiccup in the stock market the other day was identified! Now this is the scoop I heard at the coffee shop today. It seems that the pulic market found out that 2007 model of a "certain" slalom ski can no longer use the setscrew adjustment system on the finbox. BY THAT, I mean that the fin box is no longer threaded for setscrews! In the past, the finbox was threaded, but came with no setscrews, igniting a surge in a grey market dealing system selling potentially illegal setscrews by means of hanging out on watersport enthusiast chat boards, etc... that being said, the world finbox set screw market' future is uncertain. Imagine what that will do to steel prices.... have any of you people heard any repercussions of this? I mean this could affect literally Tens of people meaning dollar amounts could mount up into the hundreds. I dont know if this is true or not, so dont take it from me. Its just hear-say......

Think pork bellies peeple, think pork bellies. Buy low, sell high. Get that 401 into gear.

Up in your parts do you even trade on the NYSE or do you do the FTSE?

03-01-2007, 10:12 PM
Up in your parts do you even trade on the NYSE or do you do the FTSE?
we trade on the PASTY that is the medium of exhange up in da UP!

sand2snow22
03-01-2007, 10:15 PM
I like Pasties..........O....O.......

Sodar, we need more pics........

03-01-2007, 10:20 PM
NO no no, PASTY, the cornish meat/potato pie like food. Its a staple here in da UP!

see

http://img.search.com/thumb/0/07/Pasty_from_Upper_Michigan.JPG/250px-Pasty_from_Upper_Michigan.JPG

FlatBoard
03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
NO no no, PASTY, the cornish meat/potato pie like food. Its a staple here in da UP!

see

http://img.search.com/thumb/0/07/Pasty_from_Upper_Michigan.JPG/250px-Pasty_from_Upper_Michigan.JPG

Woah..... Is that a hamburger wrapped in pie dough?? Looks awsesome :D

03-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Woah..... Is that a hamburger wrapped in pie dough?? Looks awsesome :D
Pasties are a combination of potatos, onions, a mixutre of pork and beef thats run thru a grinder, all of its seasoned, and wrapped in that pie dough like pasty and baked. EXCELLENT!!!! Mmmmm Mmmmmm Good!

milkmania
03-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Pasties are a combination of potatos, onions, a mixutre of pork and beef thats run thru a grinder, all of its seasoned, and wrapped in that pie dough like pasty and baked. EXCELLENT!!!! Mmmmm Mmmmmm Good!

found this a while back
Bbq pasties

Yield: 1 Servings 4
Frozen pie shells; thawed 1 pounds Pulled pork 4 medium Potatoes; diced 1 large Onion; chopped cup Rutabaga; diced 1
Carrot diced tablespoon Sage tablespoon Thyme

Salt and pepper
I just replaced the meat in the pasty recipe with pulled pork. It gave it a nice smokiness and with the BBQ sauce, it was great. I like flakey crusts and hate rolling pastry dough, so I use frozen pie shells. I get one pasty out of each shell. This makes 4 pasties. Mix all ingredients and put 1/4 in each pie shell. Fold the pastry over the filling to make half-moon shaped pies. Seal the edges and cut a couple of small slits on the top. Bake on a cookie sheet at 375F for 30 to 35 minutes, then reduce heat to 350F and bake 15 more minutes. Serve with BBQ sauce and a Stroh's. Ya, sure, you betcha.

03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
STROHS! brewed with water straight from the detroit river;) 8p

Hey Milk, try this. have your local butcher shop run some pork and beef thru a hamburger grinder with a VERY course grating. I used to make Pasty meat with my dad when I was a kid at our family grocery store. You can improvise though. We went out east to visit my uncle, and he wanted pasties for dinner. so we went to the supermarket, my dad instructed the butcher what to do, and several hours later we had some fresh pasties on the dinner table.

Leroy
03-01-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm glad you are a moderator now UMP!!! They did give you the badge, right?

Monte
03-01-2007, 11:46 PM

Nope:( he is still listed as an addict. He would have changed that by now........:)

03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I just dont understand it Leroy.....Harold keeps telling me the badge is coming in the USPS, which could take years. I keep thinking their email must be broke on the other end, thats why I havent recieved notice of my moderatorship yet. I dunno.......:confused:

SkiDog
03-02-2007, 10:45 AM

UMP, your buy low, sell high method is backwards for me!:(

03-02-2007, 11:09 AM
UMP, your buy low, sell high method is backwards for me!:(
Well, in that case, step in to my office. :D :D

Maristar210
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
That market is saturated for sure but not nearly as saturated as the dog collar market. That one is brutal:D

SkiDog
03-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Well, in that case, step in to my office. :D :D

Oh, HEll no! I gotta rebound from selling the ole girl last week! Took a bath in muddy water on that one! Sad part was, I got screwed, and there was no KY involved!

03-02-2007, 11:28 AM
That market is saturated for sure but not nearly as saturated as the dog collar market. That one is brutal:D
weather the storm pal, batten down the hatches! 8p