PDA

View Full Version : Owners of MasterCraft

DevotedMCFan
01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Does anyone know who owns mastercraft and if they are publicly traded? If they aren't, do you know of any watersports companies that are? It can be skis, boats or whatever. If so, what is their symbol? Thanks!!

MarkP
01-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry, I got nuttin…

ski_king
01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I believe MasterCraft is owned by Pouschine Cook (http://www.pouschinecook.com/mastercraft.htm)

BriEOD
01-13-2005, 09:54 PM
"While only having a 3% overall boat market share, MasterCraft is the fourth most recognized boat brand in the U.S. and is first in ski/wakeboard market share."

I wonder how you collect the data to quantify that statement?? :confused:

Farmer Ted
01-13-2005, 10:18 PM
"While only having a 3% overall boat market share, MasterCraft is the fourth most recognized boat brand in the U.S. and is first in ski/wakeboard market share."

I wonder how you collect the data to quantify that statement?? :confused:

did you get an owners survey in the past couple of days?

BriEOD
01-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Not me dude, not me.

Footin
01-14-2005, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE]"While only having a 3% overall boat market share, MasterCraft is the fourth most recognized boat brand in the U.S. and is first in ski/wakeboard market share."

What are the first three?

H20skeefreek
01-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know who owns mastercraft and if they are publicly traded? If they aren't, do you know of any watersports companies that are? It can be skis, boats or whatever. If so, what is their symbol? Thanks!!

not a "watersports" only company but West Marine is publicaly traded. Symbol: WMAR

Mag_Red
01-14-2005, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE]"While only having a 3% overall boat market share, MasterCraft is the fourth most recognized boat brand in the U.S. and is first in ski/wakeboard market share."

What are the first three? SeaRay would be one of my guesses. I would also hazzard a guess at ChrisCraft just because of their rich history. WellCraft maybe???

H20skeefreek
01-14-2005, 07:55 AM
SeaRay would be one of my guesses. I would also hazzard a guess at ChrisCraft just because of their rich history. WellCraft maybe???

probably right on ChrisCraft and SeaRay, but the other probably is CorrectCraft/Nautiques.

LakeLottawatta
01-14-2005, 08:06 AM
I have the stats somewhere at home in a copy of "Trade Only Today", but from memory, bayliner is the most recognized brand name, wellcraft was up there as well. The profile of MC on the Pouschine site is a little dated. I believe MC was second in market share last year, Malibu was first, CC was fourth, I can't remember third right off hand.

DevotedMCFan
01-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. I found that Brunswick is publicly traded. I don't think CC is. I was trying to find them and I couldn't. How about HO Sports or O'Brien or maybe straightline? I know a few of the companies were owned my Motion Sports. Liquid Force was one of them.

TTAdmin
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
MC is not publicly traded. Upper management owns a large percentage of the company with capital backing from an investment firm. The company is owned and ran by watersports enthusiasts.

Prouchine Cooke (sp.??) was the capital investment firm but that has changed just recently. U.S. Equity Partners are now the capital investors and management secured more ownership in the transaction.

http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/mastercraft6.asp (http://www.wakeworld.com/news/2004/mastercraft6.asp)

Diesel
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Genmar Holdings (http://www.genmar.com/)

WakePowell
01-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Chaparral Boats is a publicly traded company on the American Stock Exchange. The parent company is Marine Products Corporation (MPX is the ticker).

Brunswick (BC is the ticker) would be another boat manufacturs that is publicly traded. They manufacture Baja, Bayliner, Maxum and SeaRay plus about a dozen other brands.

herevard
01-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Owners are MasterCraft senior management team and Puschine Capital Partners LP.