PDA

View Full Version : Spring is coming

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 01:08 PM
:D Took my boat up the dealer yesterday for an oil change and to get the ECM flashed so PP will work this year. Should have it back by Fri.

Weird not having my boat at the house.

Anyone else getting ready for spring?

JKTX21
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Yep, I went down to the boat storage last Saturday... put in new board racks, new radio, new depth finder, and I'm going to put a hot water shower in this weekend and hopefully go out Sunday.

I was going to run it while I was there, but I killed the battery from listening to the radio while I was working on it! BTW, does anyone have a suggestion for a good battery? I think I had a RangeHandler one time that was a beast.

ski36short
02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Send some up this way! Ice is still a foot thick and I'm getting antsy to try out the new drysuit!

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Send some up this way! Ice is still a foot thick and I'm getting antsy to try out the new drysuit!

Just hang in there it will not be long and you will be saying (put on my sping suit today) :o

TMCNo1
02-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Just hang in there it will not be long and you will be saying (put on my sping suit today) :o

Dusted it, waxed it, top, sides, bottom, trailer, cleaned windows and polished underwater gear yesterday pm and last night.

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
TMCNo1 what type of wax are you using?

east tx skier
02-28-2007, 04:20 PM
As of Sunday, I can say that mine is plugged up. Spring maintenance is 99.9% done. I am ready. Just need to grease the steering cable/rudder and adjust the packing nut, both of which I will do on the water on my first outing when my floor panel is up. This season has, like all the rest, been too long coming.

sanjuan23
02-28-2007, 04:32 PM
I have started sanding the swim platform and trying to find the time to do the step by step refinishing. Putting together some ideas for new speakers, sub and amp. Just as soon as possible I will be changing all the fluids/impeller/belts and get to cleaning the interior. Temps here have been high enough to take her out and run around the lake but the dang wind just will not give up. Getting just a bit anxious about getting out on the water.

Harvey
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
My plan is to hit the water on Sunday but truly I went out twice in Jan so its not the first time out this year. I usually take Feb off so this is nothing new. I have the platform in the garage that might get some much needed attention tomorrow night. Next week she goes in for an oil change to be ready for the spring season. Waaaaahhhhooooooo!!!!

SkiDog
02-28-2007, 06:29 PM
All i gotta do is take the damn cover off!:D

east tx skier
02-28-2007, 06:31 PM
My plan is to hit the water on Sunday but truly I went out twice in Jan so its not the first time out this year. I usually take Feb off so this is nothing new. I have the platform in the garage that might get some much needed attention tomorrow night. Next week she goes in for an oil change to be ready for the spring season. Waaaaahhhhooooooo!!!!

Got out in someone else's boat in February. Earliest start for me yet.

M-Funf
02-28-2007, 06:35 PM
You wouldn't know spring is coming around here...the snow's been falling for the past two days...we're at the height of winter.

Of course, it's supposed to be sunny and warm the rest of the week...maybe time to take the boat out of hibernation :rolleyes:

slink976
02-28-2007, 07:29 PM
You wouldn't know spring is coming around here...the snow's been falling for the past two days...we're at the height of winter.

Of course, it's supposed to be sunny and warm the rest of the week...maybe time to take the boat out of hibernation :rolleyes:

Now that is a serious issue if the snow is falling in Petaluma! was just up your way last weekend cuzin got married in berkley.

Don't know about you guys but I have been boarding all winter long wearing just a wet suit! I know I know I am bragging!

Slinkyredfoot
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Well if spring is coming I wish it would hurry up, not here in Indy. Sleet and freezing rain here a bit today. Still a lot of snow to melt but the days are getting longer

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Snow in Petaluma WHAT?

I grew up in Windsor.......I think we saw snow 1 time in 22 years!!!!!:rolleyes:

trickskier
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
All i gotta do is take the damn cover off!:D
All I have to do is hook-up and pull it out of the garage......Which I hope is Saturday............:D

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
A few hose clamps and fire her up, then a good wash/wax/vacuum and Im on the water.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Oh must not forget the block plugs.....

KnoxX2
02-28-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh must not forget the block plugs.....
Don't forget those........I did last year and was walking down the ramp after I parked the truck and my wife calls me and says honey why is the boat pissing water? OH S**T:D

slink976
02-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Don't forget those........I did last year and was walking down the ramp after I parked the truck and my wife calls me and says honey why is the boat pissing water? OH S**T:D

Ding Ding Ding, We gotta quote i think we have all heard before!

FlatBoard
02-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Every time we hit the water my wife(and one heck of a boat driver) always asks, YOU GOT THE DRAIN PLUG IN!! The one time she didn't ask---well you know :o

Harvey
03-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Got out in someone else's boat in February. Earliest start for me yet.

Kudos for gettting out in Feburary but we do live in Texas, buy a drysuit and get out on the water. :D 100 degree rule. Water and air temp added together over 100 and the sun is shinning hit the water. In the last three years I have only seen the water below 50 degrees once and it was 49. I will admit this winter has been colder than the last couple.

lake
03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll be installing a depth gauge and my new Acme prop this weekend. I'm stoked!

east tx skier
03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Kudos for gettting out in Feburary but we do live in Texas, buy a drysuit and get out on the water. :D 100 degree rule. Water and air temp added together over 100 and the sun is shinning hit the water. In the last three years I have only seen the water below 50 degrees once and it was 49. I will admit this winter has been colder than the last couple.

A drysuit would be wall decor at my house. I still need a driver, and my most reliable one, well, she doesn't do cold well.

M-Funf
03-01-2007, 02:38 PM
A drysuit would be wall decor at my house. I still need a driver, and my most reliable one, well, she doesn't do cold well.

Eastie...don't you remember BrianM's thread?

Heated drivers seat install (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12839&highlight=heated+seat)

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
TMCNo1 what type of wax are you using?
Meguiar's #16 Paste Wax, while it lasts, got 1 1/2 cans left.

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Just changed oil and filter in the lawn mower, greased, sharpened blades, waxed, checked tire air pressures, protectant on the tires and black plastic stuff and I ready to attack the yard.

KnoxX2
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Just changed oil and filter in the lawn mower, greased, sharpened blades, waxed, checked tire air pressures, protectant on the tires and black plastic stuff and I ready to attack the yard.

That is SAD you Waxed the lawn mower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Way to much time on your hands:rolleyes:

Jesus_Freak
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
...waxed....

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Waketn
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM

We need to see some pictures of the mower TMCNO1...

Waketn

stuie
Only dreamin' won't be skiing anytime soon:(

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Troublemaker........................:D

sanjuan23
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Is that blower attached???

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Is that blower attached???
No, That's just where I keep it so it's handy!

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
My dad waxes our lawmower..must be nice to be thinking about getting the boat out. I wont beable to get mine out till may. that day will be hectic change oil wash vacuum pray it starts hit the water

06' X-2 R8R H8R
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM
WAY WAY too much time on your hands....Find a hobby like ummmmmmm... underwater basket weaving, maybe skydive knitting, or even ice bowling......Good Luck

M-Funf
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
WAY WAY too much time on your hands....Find a hobby like ummmmmmm... underwater basket weaving, maybe skydive knitting, or even ice bowling......Good Luck

Or Skinny-Skiing....

Maybe going to bullfights on acid :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
03-01-2007, 07:55 PM

Is there anthing in your house that is not waxed?? :confused: :confused:

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=TX.X-30 fan]Is there anthing in your house that is not waxed?? QUOTE]

The carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D 8p

milkmania
03-01-2007, 08:41 PM

hey Harold....

how's Andy, Barney, & lil Opie these days??

8p

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
hey Harold....

how's Andy, Barney, & lil Opie these days??

8p

Doing well I guess. It's Otis I'm worried about, reminds me of HB, then there is Earnest T. Bass and his resemblance to UMP!
We are only 40 minutes from downtown Mayberry (Mt. Airy, NC) and Mt. Pilot (Pilot Mountain) is 30 minutes away, this side of Mayberry. I just told Lynn, we are going to Snappy Lunch Saturday to get a "Porkchop Sandwich"! Link, http://www.thesnappylunch.com/

Slinkyredfoot
03-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Doing well I guess. It's Otis I'm worried about, reminds me of HB, then there is Earnest T. Bass and his resemblance to UMP!
We are only 40 minutes from downtown Mayberry (MT. Airy, NC)

I finally met Hoosier Bob Wednesday, he looked as sober as Otis to me...:guitar:

TMCNo1
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I finally met Hoosier Bob Wednesday, he looked as sober as Otis to me...:guitar:

:uglyhamme That's what they all say in Mayberry, everytime HB passes thru!

Waketn
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM

Thanks TMCNO1.. That is awesome:D

PaulW
03-02-2007, 09:28 AM
No spring here, still waiting for the ice and snow to melt. Got a new boat and put it in storage, its killing me not to be in it looking at it lovingly. My son said that if it were in the drive I would be molesting it with all the touching and caressing that would be going on. Wife is glad that it is gone . You guys in the south S*** with all your talk about gettin out. Snowing again today, getting another couple of inches.:(

KnoxX2
03-02-2007, 09:38 AM
I feel for you PaulW!!!!!

Welll got to go need to head out the the dealer to get my boat back...

atlfootr
03-02-2007, 04:16 PM
means DAYLITE Saving's Tyme = Lngr BAREFOOT Sessions :D
:firejump: :woohoo::banana:

SkiDog
03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
We are only 40 minutes from downtown Mayberry (Mt. Airy, NC) and Mt. Pilot (Pilot Mountain) is 30 minutes away, this side of Mayberry. I just told Lynn, we are going to Snappy Lunch Saturday to get a "Porkchop Sandwich"! Link, http://www.thesnappylunch.com/

We have a little Hole in the wall hot dog stand called 'Willies Weenie Wagon. He claims that he'll pay $2000.00 to ANYBODY that can come up with a better Pork Chop sandwich than his. I'll bet i've eaten 500 of em myself! They are awesome!

SkiDog
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=TX.X-30 fan]Is there anthing in your house that is not waxed?? QUOTE]

The carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :D 8p
Just tell us why you haven't ripped up all the carpet in your house and put down teak flooring?:D

TX.X-30 fan
03-02-2007, 05:14 PM

So whats the recipe guy's. It looks breaded, then just hamburger type fixins????? Mustard/mayo??? I want to make one at the casa. :confused:

TMCNo1
03-02-2007, 07:21 PM
So whats the recipe guy's. It looks breaded, then just hamburger type fixins????? Mustard/mayo??? I want to make one at the casa. :confused:

It's a pancake battered grill fried butteryfly boneless porkchop about 5/8" thick. You can get it for breakdfast with with, mayo, egg, cheese, lettuce tomato. Then for lunch or dinner, if you order it all the way, it comes with Mayo, ketchup, mustard, slice of onion, cole slaw, tomato, lettuce, chili beans on a toasted bun or any way you want it. Enough for 2 people to explode on. When you get through eating you have to wash your hands and face.

TX.X-30 fan
03-02-2007, 11:41 PM
It's a pancake battered grill fried butteryfly boneless porkchop about 5/8" thick. You can get it for breakdfast with with, mayo, egg, cheese, lettuce tomato. Then for lunch or dinner, if you order it all the way, it comes with Mayo, ketchup, mustard, slice of onion, cole slaw, tomato, lettuce, chili beans on a toasted bun or any way you want it. Enough for 2 people to explode on. When you get through eating you have to wash your hands and face.

Thanks TMC, my mouth is watering to try one. Grill fried I guess means on the flat griddle. I had first thought it was deep fried, but the batter would probably burn to fast. Anyway before this becomes the tex. cooking thread I will let you know how they turn out. :rolleyes:

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Thanks TMC, my mouth is watering to try one. Grill fried I guess means on the flat griddle. I had first thought it was deep fried, but the batter would probably burn to fast. Anyway before this becomes the tex. cooking thread I will let you know how they turn out. :rolleyes:

Right, flat griddle, Charlie Dowell (owner/cook) has a flat grill right behind the window in front of the restaurant, and when you walk down the street and look in the window, he smiles at you while he is frying up about 20 of those fillets about the size of your hand, then it's too late to turn back, you have to go inside and wait in line to get a table and get one.

TMCNo1
03-03-2007, 04:18 PM
That Pork Chop sandwich sure was good at the "Snappy Lunch" today, went like I said.

KnoxX2
03-03-2007, 10:46 PM
March came in like a lion here in East Tn. watched 3 very large pine trees snap in half. Looking FWD to hitting the lake soon.

P.S. Anyone else here that day light savings times is starting early this year. Like March 10 ?

ProTour X9
03-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes it is starting early this year.

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Thanks

That just means more time on the Water!

dapicatti
03-05-2007, 09:29 AM
March came in like a lion here in East Tn. watched 3 very large pine trees snap in half. Looking FWD to hitting the lake soon.

P.S. Anyone else here that day light savings times is starting early this year. Like March 10 ?

YES!!! More time on the water...more time in the sun....take your pick.:cool:

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Anyone hit the lake last weekend?

trickskier
03-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I wish.....Windy & rainy Saturday..........Extremely windy Sunday, so I started painting my garage............

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 11:41 AM
It was windy here on Sat too........ 20-40 mph

Next weekend I hope will be better.

trickskier
03-05-2007, 11:52 AM
It was windy here on Sat too........ 20-40 mph

Next weekend I hope will be better.
Believe it or not, last week at one of my son's baseball games, I was swatting at mosquitoes!!!

KnoxX2
03-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Mosquitoes!!!

Definitely a sign that spring is here!!!!!!!!!! :D

TMCNo1
03-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Believe it or not, last week at one of my son's baseball games, I was swatting at mosquitoes!!!

Mosquitoes are OK till they have landing lights on them!
I killed a great big one, one night that somehow had hooked up with a lightening bug, Scared Me!

Monte
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Mosquitoes are OK till they have landing lights on them!

We are going to be overflowing with the little winged demons this year.. We've only had one deep freeze so far, so be prepared to hear all about west nile this summer:(

Doug G
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Not even close here !

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 9. Wind chill values between -8 and 2. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 23 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 16 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.

Tuesday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 7. North wind between 11 and 14 mph becoming calm.

Wednesday: Snow likely, mainly after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Slinkyredfoot
03-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I wish.....Windy & rainy Saturday..........Extremely windy Sunday, so I started painting my garage............

I started painting my garage too, shows you just how bored and sick I am.....

trickskier
03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I started painting my garage too, shows you just how bored and sick I am.....
I think I've bitten off more than I can chew on this project. Spent all day Saturday & Sunday, and I'm only 1/3 the way through.

mash
03-05-2007, 11:11 PM
I just finished up putting a new set of strut bearings and a new drive shaft in last weekend. New OJ dripless shaft seal should be in this week. I'll soon have the boat water tight again! (I hope)

C'mon April!

Monte
03-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Tower is on/ the steering is back in, now all I need is a Driver's seat / passenger seat / bow seat / engine cover/ side pads....... back on... Whoops carpet too...................

dapicatti
03-05-2007, 11:24 PM
You are on your way Monte

Monte
03-05-2007, 11:26 PM
You are on your way Monte

Three weeks was the last word on D day..... I hope so:rolleyes:

dapicatti
03-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I am sure it will be worth it....can't wait to see the pics

Monte
03-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I'll get some soon, I was out friday to check it out, He has several cushions and panels done, he just can't put them yet. I'm going to have some detailers clean /wetsand/ and buff the whole boat without skins or carpet... 21 years of grime and oxidation.

dapicatti
03-06-2007, 12:39 AM
WOW- It'll be a whole new boat by the time you are done.

heychance95
03-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I must say that I am more excited about this season then any before. I have spent the winter getting the boat ready. She got new front and rear seals, timing chain and oil pan gasket just a month ago.New gauges are on the way. New carpet has been ordered for the 2 center panels of the floor and she will get new upholstery in a few weeks too. I got a new stereo for her for on sunday and i have still got to do the hull to bring the color back. All thats left after that is to find a cover for her, then she will be tip top. This has been, without a doubt, a labor of love. Now I am like a kid at Christmas to get her on the water.

KnoxX2
03-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I think that with all the Anger going on here lately on other threads we need to remember that SPRING IS COMING and soon we will all get to enjoy our boats and forget about dealers and opinions. I love this forum and hate to see some of the things that have gone on here. I think that mostly everyone on here likes to have fun and meet other MC owners that share there passions. Also I think that a lot of the info that is provided on here is extremely helpful. Let’s all try and remember why we bought a MC.
I know for me that owning one of these boats has been a dream I have had for a very long time. Every day I walk into my garage and see that boat sitting there I feel like a kid with a new toy on X-mass morning.

So lets get back to what’s important and START GETTING OUR BOATS READY FOR SPRING.

Thanks MC for building a great boat that I can use to build memories with my kids that will last all their life.

TMCNo1
03-13-2007, 04:36 PM
In reference to past posts here about Mayberry (Mt. Airy), NC, etc., here is a picture of Pilot Mountain (Mt. Pilot) as used in the Andy Griffith Show,

betsy&david Harrison
03-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I think we just skipped over spring and went right into summer...it is hot here...but not as hot as summer in Bakersfield :D

ridehype4life
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
73 Degrees here in southeast Michigan :D . This has to be some kind of record...

André
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
In reference to past posts here about Mayberry (Mt. Airy), NC, etc., here is a picture of Pilot Mountain (Mt. Pilot) as used in the Andy Griffith Show,
Looks like a giant nipple to me!:D
Quite warm here too.Was 45 today!

TMCNo1
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Looks like a giant nipple to me!

Now that's funny, and just think, we live nearby, I wonder what part that would be????????????????????? I guess the belly buttom?????:rolleyes:

erkoehler
03-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Spring is not coming, it is HERE!

ridehype4life
03-13-2007, 09:12 PM
erk I would'a been out on the water in a second if there still wasn't 6 inches of ice on the lake!

ski36short
03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
73 Degrees here in southeast Michigan :D . This has to be some kind of record...

And I saw a couple geniuses ice fishing yesterday on the way home from work...

Ric
03-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Spring is not coming, it is HERE! dayum son, that is a beautiful boat!

TMCNo1
03-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Spring is not coming, it is HERE!

Makes me feel proud that my Son-In-Law and Daughter took my advise on what to do to their yard and they've been mowing for 2 weeks now.

KnoxX2
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
OK TMCNo1 what is your advise on Lawn care?

P.S. Looks great

#47of100TeamMC
03-19-2007, 02:23 PM
OK TMCNo1 what is your advise on Lawn care?

P.S. Looks great

Exactly my thoughts... Now that I have a yard... i wish it looked like that! Do Tell!

or do we need to start a new "the Grass is Always Greener..." thread?

Sodar
03-19-2007, 02:34 PM
I am not sure what to do in cold climates, but around the parts, the key to green, weedless and healthy lawns has been Scott's Turf-Builder Annual Cycle....

betsy&david Harrison
03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Great weekend at the lake! The islands are repaired and rocked AND the most important part...the lake is filling again...2 weeks Yipee!!!

River Rat
03-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Took the boat out yesterday and pulled the boys for the first time, and they had a blast. Still to cold for me, I'll save the cold water rides for the young wiper snappers:D

KnoxX2
03-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Worked on Tower speakers all weekend and installed anothe AMP.

P.S. Anyone have a Pic of a 2007 with the bimini open?

cst573
03-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Just installed my NDT Zeroflex tower this past weekend. Gonna work on my amp board this week and get it, and some audioforms speakers installed this coming weekend.
Just waitin' on some warm weather.

Jkelly
03-19-2007, 06:02 PM
I washed, waxed, reinstalled speaker on tower and sub, and worked on teak all weekend. TMCNo1 has inspired me.

hacker
03-20-2007, 10:19 AM
still going to be a while!

TMCNo1
03-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Yep, Spring is coming, gonna put out 10-10-10 and lime in the vegatable garden spots and flower pots today. 5 weeks and the plants go in for the first homegrown tomatos and peppers in June. Can't wait for that 1st sammage.