PDA

View Full Version : World Record Posters????

thijs
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone know how to get a hold of posters of the world record ads in this months waterski magazine???

I am thinking of the Freddy Kruger one with the pic of the black 197 and the one hinting to Chris Parish being sad to go home to HIS sponsors boat (BU) The pic on this one is a yellow 197.

You know if MC publishes them in posters???

TMCNo1
02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
A dealer can advise you as to whether they are available and part of a marketing/advertising package.

thijs
02-28-2007, 09:41 PM
There is no way I am going into the dealer here in Calgary! But thanks anyways.

thijs
04-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I have scanned them, here is the Chris Parish record ad.

thijs
04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Here is the ad for Freddy's world record jump.

Ric
04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I love them too but they got less than stellar marks from TT members :(

thijs
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I love them too but they got less than stellar marks from TT members

What do you mean?????

Ric
04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Alot of our members here are embarrassed that they have world record towboats and would rather MC not advertise such.. Kinda keep the world record set by a non-mc skier behind an MC under their hats so-to-speak....

TMCNo1
04-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Alot of our members here are embarrassed that they have world record towboats and would rather MC not advertise such.. Kinda keep the world record set by a non-mc skier behind an MC under their hats so-to-speak....
Secrets kept like that, only allow MC Team Professionals like Toober Tom, Freddy Krueger, Karen Truelove and others, to bask in the glory that they rightly deserve. :rolleyes: :D :cool:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
What do you mean?????
I think some people thought it was carried out in poor taste, like it was too cocky. I dont know, I didnt mind those ads. hey the world record was set behind a Mastercraft, its just a fact that they want people to know. It wouldnt matter if the record holder went home and skied behind his 87 Baylooner, the record was still broke while being towed by a Mastercraft. Thats the boat that was seen on the water in the pictures, its the name associated with the record. :twocents:

shepherd
04-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Personally, I could care less. But the first ad is, at worst, misleading. At best, exaggerations that are typical in the advertising industry.

"tow boat of choice" ? Who's choice? Probably not Parrish's.
"bittersweet" victory? I doubt it.
"sitting in the garage"? Who knows, who cares? My boat (Mastercraft) is in the garage right now and was there when I was skiing behind my friend's ("non-Mastercraft") boat last Friday. Of course, I wasn't setting any records.

I'm sure it was all meant in good fun, and the other boat brands probably wouldn't hesitate to make the same claims.

bbeach
04-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Parrish's boat (at the time) wasn't in any garage! It was on Lucky Lowe's lift sitting on Grassy Lake, FL! haha good ad anyway!

Ric
04-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Parrish's boat (at the time) wasn't in any garage! It was on Lucky Lowe's lift sitting on Grassy Lake, FL! haha good ad anyway! I wondered about that detail myself.... kinda thought, hey chris has been known to say stuff, maybe he said that it was at home in the garage, I don't know.

Is this the correct place to go on record as saying I was the first here to congratulate chris on his world record?

Jim@BAWS
04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Some of the ad campaign is directed towards the mistruths out there that other boat manufactuers through out there to what sticks. Read BU's ad in the front of waterski mag. It does a very slick job of saying that the WR is behind a BU and it IS NOT!

Right now in the WB World the completion of the 1080 is a HOT TOPIC
It was completed first and recorded behind and X-Star...not a VLX

MasterCraft has pulled more skiers to more World Records than any other towboat. This can be validated at USA WaterSki Headquarters.

There are TOO TOO MANY mistruths and 1/2 truths out there for MC not to take a stand..."It is just as good as a MasterCraft !!!" PROVE IT

Jim@BAWS

gogo
04-03-2007, 04:25 PM
When I toured the factory last year the Buzz was everything that Jim@ Baws has stated. I like the new adds.
I have nothing but positive comments on the service we have recieved from Martin Motor Sports in Alberta.

ProTour X9
04-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Some of the ad campaign is directed towards the mistruths out there that other boat manufactuers through out there to what sticks. Read BU's ad in the front of waterski mag. It does a very slick job of saying that the WR is behind a BU and it IS NOT!

Right now in the WB World the completion of the 1080 is a HOT TOPIC
It was completed first and recorded behind and X-Star...not a VLX

MasterCraft has pulled more skiers to more World Records than any other towboat. This can be validated at USA WaterSki Headquarters.

There are TOO TOO MANY mistruths and 1/2 truths out there for MC not to take a stand..."It is just as good as a MasterCraft !!!" PROVE IT

Jim@BAWS

Gosh I can't tell you how many times i've heard that^^

dmayer84
04-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Wouldnt mind having a couple of these full size.

The one in WBM for the X-star is "voted #1 by riders x years in a row". Like that one a lot too.

thijs
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Wouldnt mind having a couple of these full size.

I second that.

I think that it is good to advertise what the boats are acheiving. The biggest factor for the record is the skier him/herself, but there are other facters which ad to success; ski, water, driver, boat etc.

I would venture to say that Chris couldn't have broke it in a Gayliner, why not advertise he didn't break it behind a Bu?

As far as the in the garage or on the lift thing, garage simply sounds better as i venture to guess more boat owners have their boats in the yard or in a garage than on a lift b/c not all of us can afford lakefront property.

(I didn't think this thread would get so heated.)

thijs
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
Some of the ad campaign is directed towards the mistruths out there that other boat manufactuers through out there to what sticks. Read BU's ad in the front of waterski mag. It does a very slick job of saying that the WR is behind a BU and it IS NOT! Is this legal?? Did I miss something????? Was it rebroke? Who is lying?

Ric
04-03-2007, 05:13 PM
This whole thread just went gay

thijs
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Sorry Ric, I didn't mean to post Malibu advertisements for any other reason than questioning their lies.

Proof: http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=36959

The only thing I see wrong with the MC ad is that it was not behind a yellow 197, but a white and black one.

dmayer84
04-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Malibu is probably talking about some old previous world record, stretching the truth a bit. Maybe there is some small print none of us can read.

Jim@BAWS
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM
Is this legal?? Did I miss something????? Was it rebroke? Who is lying?

Thanks for posting it...BOLD FACE LIE. The record is behind a PS 197

RIC...sorry the TRUTH nust be put out for all to see..

Jim@BAWS

Ric
04-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks for posting it...BOLD FACE LIE. The record is behind a PS 197

RIC...sorry the TRUTH nust be put out for all to see..

Jim@BAWS hahahah

and I WILL PAY for a poster of the bittersweet ad !!