PDA

View Full Version : Thank you GM!

sanjuan23
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
You have now persuaded me to never purchase your product due to your desire to prolong that President's Day sale commercial and the dam song that goes along with it! :mad: :mad:

Realize there are some GM employees and proud owners but that is just ridiculous. Now that I have ranted about this one I will probably find out it is just some regional ad. That no one on the forum has seen

ilikeitglacy
02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Can you sing just a few words me?

TMCNo1
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
It is my understanding, "President's Day" is a 1 day celebration (legal holiday for some) for the birthdays of all the Presidents throughout the year, but they weren't all born on the same day, so the sale will go on all year long to be sure all the presidents birthdays are covered!

JKTX21
02-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Can't be any worse than the Ford ads with Toby Keith...

"I'm a Ford truck maaaaaane....! That's all I driiiiive!
Got to get up earrrrrly!! Got to be on tiiiiime!" :(

atlfootr
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
You have now persuaded me to never purchase your product due to your desire to prolong that President's Day sale commercial and the dam song that goes along with it! :mad: :mad:

Realize there are some GM employees and proud owners but that is just ridiculous. Now that I have ranted about this one I will probably find out it is just some regional ad. That no one on the forum has seenI tried to search for it, found the "jelly doughnut" commerical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8__ifEevI

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-27-2007, 09:02 PM

Realize there are some GM employees and proud owners but that is just ridiculous. Now that I have ranted about this one I will probably find out it is just some regional ad. That no one on the forum has seen
Its national. I couldnt see the point in that ad idea. not very effective IMO. :rolleyes:

Leroy
02-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Hmmmmm, breath Sanjuan! Easy......

OhioProstar
02-27-2007, 09:23 PM
SanJuan...Do you think we believe you would really buy a GM prior to the President's day ad? Come on, just come out and say you don't like the bowtie...don't hide behind an ad.

dmayer84
02-27-2007, 09:27 PM
That ad was horrible, I ended up gettin a new Silverado that Sat, but that was only because my Jetta died.

Datdude
02-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I want to know how they made the cars look like they were moving, but nobody was driving them:uglyhamme

I agree that commercial sucks:D

jlf
02-28-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm with you, the song is so annoying. I've commented to my husband, "I can't wait until Presidents Day is over, that song sucks!" Then they go and extend the sale. It didn't persuade me one way or the other to buy anything, not in the market.

TMCNo1
02-28-2007, 08:55 AM
I want to know how they made the cars look like they were moving, but nobody was driving them:uglyhamme

I agree that commercial sucks:D

The trunk monkeys are doing the stunt driving!

Sodar
02-28-2007, 08:57 AM
I do like the Silverado Commercial with the kid running along the fence, going through the different generations. Probably a liitle corny and nostalgic, but I am guessing that this is what they were going for...

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
IMO there hasnt been a good TRUCK commercial since the old days when they used to climb a mountain of logs with a pickup truck and beat the hell out of the truck on the way up to the top. probaly wrecked the entire underneath of the truck in the process, but those were commercials! Probably didnt do the driver's kidneys any good either.....

milkmania
02-28-2007, 09:53 AM
IMO there hasnt been a good TRUCK commercial since the old days when they used to climb a mountain of logs with a pickup truck and beat the hell out of the truck on the way up to the top. probaly wrecked the entire underneath of the truck in the process, but those were commercials! Probably didnt do the driver's kidneys any good either.....

they haven't had a decent commercial since they used Bob Seger's song!

but, since the creation of DVR, I refuse to watch commercials.... they may still be using his song:o

sizzler
02-28-2007, 09:58 AM
this is the best car/boat/bike advert .....even if its not an american co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB_1gPRCLCo&mode=related&search=

Sodar
02-28-2007, 10:01 AM
this is the best car/boat/bike advert .....even if its not an american co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB_1gPRCLCo&mode=related&search=

Never seen that one, but the scary thing is that they did not even show all the products they make!!! Pretty cool!!

dog paw
02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm taking thats the one with the hail to the chief rap style? It's usually me that kicks the TV on the floor, but that ad sets the wife in a fit LOL!

I will never figure out there marketing. It falls way short of selling me a pile of dung:D

milkmania
02-28-2007, 10:21 AM
need to sign up Enzyte Bob as a car salesman:rolleyes:

Monte
02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I agree sanjuan! That has got to be the worst jingle I've ever heard.. To make it worse, it comes on twice if not three times during every commercial break. Make it stop.. No I'll never be in the market for a brand new vehicle.. I wait until they have about 15k on them and buy at the program auctions.....

Back to the subject at hand....

HEAD ON

Ric
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I have no idea what the hell you people are talking about