PDA

View Full Version : The official "Excercise-Lack of excercise-Guilt " thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-27-2007, 06:45 PM
OK, some of you are gonna hate me for this, and some are gonna love to hate me for this. a few might be motivated. I just finished my healthy dinner. I am now heading down in the basement to excercise! who is with me? :confused: Come on now you lazy arses! Put down that bag of potato chips, put away that can of soda or cold beer. Put down that gravy ladle, put down that slice of double oreo cheese cake, put that Ice cream back in the fridge, the GARAGE FRIDGE!! Get off the couch, turn OFF the TV. Get your shorts on, get good and stretched out and get some excercise in. WE all need it, its good for us, all the way around. I have been in spring training since December. This thread is for motivation!:D hit the bike, hit the weights, hit the gym, hit the treadmill, hit the whatever, just get moving! Feel that guilt? Feel it? Thats called motivation baby! get movin! I will meet you peeps back here later on for a roll call!

Talk to me peeps!:cool:

cbryan70
02-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I agree i have recently just started hitting the weights again trying to get in shape and lose some weight. Its just so tough at college to eat three meals a day let alone three healthy ones!

PendO
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
what a fuzzy little bear.

SkiDog
02-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Dog has been hitting the treadmill lately, by docs orders no less! I gotta do a stress test on Fri.:mad: :( I ain't lookin forward to it either!

cbryan70
02-27-2007, 07:16 PM
go in drunk that would make for interesting results

TMCNo1
02-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Good idea UMP, I'm gonna start now, why wait! I usually move soon after supper anyway, so I'm gonna go get it over with! Wait, where is my new WaterSki magazine to read while I'm moving?

shepherd
02-27-2007, 08:02 PM
UMP, I was at the gym this evening and I didn't see you. :confused:

Ran 3 miles Sunday. Hit the back and biceps and abs at the gym last night. Hit the chest and triceps and abs tonight. Tomorrow night is legs and shoulders. Then a day of rest. No alcohol since Saturday night! :)

shepherd
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Good idea UMP, I'm gonna start now, why wait! I usually move soon after supper anyway, so I'm gonna go get it over with! Wait, where is my new WaterSki magazine to read while I'm moving?

:uglyhamme Take it easy there mister! You don't want to burst a blood vessel while you're doing it! 8p

02-27-2007, 08:13 PM
UMP, I was at the gym this evening and I didn't see you. :confused:

Ran 3 miles Sunday. Hit the back and biceps and abs at the gym last night. Hit the chest and triceps and abs tonight. Tomorrow night is legs and shoulders. Then a day of rest. No alcohol since Saturday night! :)
ROCK ON SHEP!!! Way to go my friend!:) keep up the good work:D

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Good thread UMP. Did 3 miles this morning and going to do weights tomorrow. Just had a Subway chicken breast on wheat with mustard for dinner (no cheese).

02-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Shep's right Harold, Are you sure you dont want an ambulance standing by? YOu could pull a muscle, dislocate a finger, get a paper cut.....I dunno man, sounds risky. You better just hit the couch and rest. :rolleyes:

8p

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Yeah, we've seen your photos Harold. Lookin' a lil' soft in the middle their partner.8p UMP could trade you some fitness tips for your detailing tips. Gotta take care of yourself!

TMCNo1
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, we've seen your photos Harold. Lookin' a lil' soft in the middle their partner.8p UMP could trade you some fitness tips for your detailing tips. Gotta take care of yourself!

But, I lost 3lbs. in about 10 minutes! Now that's weight loss!

Maristar210
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Who ordered the Sausage and double cheese?

KIDDDING

Ran 6 miles since Monday. Running 3 more tomorrow. Appetite has not gone down at all, in fact its gone up:rolleyes:

bcampbe7
02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
I only run when chased!

I have got to get motivated to exercise! Someone strap a steak to my back and release the lions!

LakePirate
02-27-2007, 08:39 PM
If a bear is chaising a group of people you don't have to be the fastest, just faster than someone else.

I packed the gym bag monday, by the time I have sat in traffic for an hour, not real motivated to stop by the gym...

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
It's your funeral.

02-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I only run when chased!
OK Chris Knight :D Remember that movie?

02-27-2007, 08:57 PM

KIDDDING

Ran 6 miles since Monday. Running 3 more tomorrow. Appetite has not gone down at all, in fact its gone up:rolleyes:
Only running you do is to the Pizza shop! 8p 8p :D

02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I dont think its gonna work Bri, I dont have Teak oil anywhere in my diet, or in my excercise program. 8p ;)

Leroy
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm with you ump!

Exercise room at work yesterday. Treadmill 25 minutes along with weights. M-W-F.

quincyfirefighter
02-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I hear ya UMP. Started three weeks ago working the holiday pounds off. Have lost 10 pounds as of today. Have my Forest Service Wildland Firefighting pack test coming up end of march. :( Three mile hike in 45 minutes with 50 pound pack and no running. You can only fast walk. One foot on the ground at all times

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I dont think its gonna work Bri, I dont have Teak oil anywhere in my diet, or in my excercise program. 8p ;)
You're right bud.

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 09:09 PM

KIDDDING

No offense Steve, but DUH! Of course it has gone up. You are excercising and speeding up your metabolic rate. You need fuel. However, your choice of fuel is equally as important as excercising. Most people has this attitude that if I run, I can eat what I want. You run all you want, but if all you eat is Big Macs, cokes, cookies, pizza, fries, wings, etc., you won't lose weight.

Maristar210
02-27-2007, 09:17 PM
No offense Steve, but DUH! Of course it has gone up. You are excercising and speeding up your metabolic rate. You need fuel. However, your choice of fuel is equally as important as excercising. Most people has this attitude that if I run, I can eat what I want. You run all you want, but if all you eat is Big Macs, cokes, cookies, pizza, fries, wings, etc., you won't lose weight.

How about if you eat tuna plain for breakfast, spinach salad with chicken and chicken broth for lunch and Turkey with a pile of veggies for dinner?

Can't remember the last time I had McDonalds or any fast food. Friday is beer and pizza night though after five days of being a saint around all the damn donuts at work :rolleyes:
We all have our limits Bri---

My comments earlier were not well written on my part. I meant I struggle to keep up my metabolic rate. I have noticed this last year that the things I used to do to keep the weight off are not as effective anymore. Gotta step it up!!!!

Going back to the doc tomorrow. We'll see what he has to say:confused:

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Good luck at the Dr. Yes, it is an uphill battle. Everyone has a theroy on how to lose weight/eat. I am pretty strict Sun-Fri and usually go ape-sh#t on Saturday. I try and eat a protein/carb at every meal. I don't drink soda. I stay away from sugar and I eat a lot of chicken/eggs. It takes a lot of effort though.

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 09:24 PM
How about if you eat tuna plain for breakfast, spinach salad with chicken and chicken broth for lunch and Turkey with a pile of veggies for dinner?

Can't remember the last time I had McDonalds or any fast food. Friday is beer and pizza night though after five days of being a saint around all the damn donuts at work :rolleyes:
We all have our limits Bri---

My comments earlier were not well written on my part. I meant I struggle to keep up my metabolic rate. I have noticed this last year that the things I used to do to keep the weight off are not as effective anymore. Gotta step it up!!!!

Going back to the doc tomorrow. We'll see what he has to say:confused:

BTW, sounds like you need to eat more frequently (not more portions). Try a piece of fruit and some peanuts/almonds (big handful), or a Special K Bar between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner. Might take the edge off. Plus the more you feed your body the more it accelerates your metabolism. FWIW.

bcampbe7
02-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Alright, so I have high cholesterol and am really trying to eat better. I no longer eat fried foods or fast food for that matter unless it is a salad.

Oatmeal for breakfast.

For lunch Monday and Tuesday I eat a turkey (deli sliced), mustard, lettuce and swiss on wheat bread. I also eat an apple and carrots for lunch. Wednesday thru Friday I either eat leftovers from the night before or make a salad at the cafeteria.

For dinner it is chicken (grilled or baked), fish (grilled), or pork roast along with veggies and such. Basically no more red meat. I will throw in some mashed potatoes (little butter and no salt) or boiled red potatoes.

I do drink a Sprite for lunch and drink 3-4 16.9oz bottles of water per day. I also drink a glass of OJ and grape juice with dinner.

Around 9am I will have a few (1 serving according to the box) whole grain wheat thins and around 2pm I will have a granola bar, which today I switched out to a Kashi bar since they have much less saturated fat.

OK, now what do I need to change/add/remove?
That is my daily intake of food in a nutshell.

I know I need to exercise and I do walk occasionally. I am going to start walking/jogging around the subdivision soon. I am not a go to the gym type person. Won't do it, can't stand it... I have some dumbbells that I look at occasionally and stub my tow on more than necessary. I also have a $800 elliptical machine that has become nothing more than a glorified clothes rack. It's brand new and just sitting in the corner.

Pitiful I know...

east tx skier
02-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Been hitting the soup this week. egg beaters for breakfast. And consistently run 2.5 miles during my lunch break 3 days per week while lifting weights four days per week. And I've been gaining and losing the same three pounds for the last year. But this week, they're coming off better as I'm watching what I eat better. Must be the weather, too.

Beau, I used to drink this sugared tea from a mix way too much. It was essentially a substitute for cokes, sprites, etc. I quit that cold turkey, started doing a loose version of the 20/40/40 diet, i.e., the zone, and continued my workout routine mentioned above. I dropped 30 lbs in two months (I'm convinced mostly because of the drastic reduction in my sugar intake because I've always exercised regularly). My bad cholesterol stayed constant. My good went up. Both are in the good range.

I'd say ditch the sprite (that HFCS is bad news) and get some cardio (jogging is great) and you'll be amazed.

02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
BTW, sounds like you need to eat more frequently (not more portions). Try a piece of fruit and some peanuts/almonds (big handful), or a Special K Bar between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner. Might take the edge off. Plus the more you feed your body the more it accelerates your metabolism. FWIW.
TRU DAT! I eat smaller amounts often, and it helps curb the hunger, and it gives your body fuel to run on all day long. I have breakfast right before I go to work at 7:30, then a small snack at work around 11, then a small snack at 1, lunch at 2:30 and dinner at 6 or 6:30 I also eat a SMALL amount of something right before bed time. I read this is a good thing to do as it gives your body something to run on during the night. Keeps your metabolism going. I usually have yogurt, its got both protein and carbs, so its balanced. :twocents:

02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
And I've been gaining and losing the same three pounds for the last year.
. how do you know they are the same 3 lbs?:cool:

BriEOD
02-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Again...different strokes for different folks. I know some guys that are no-carb, some high protein, some a mix. I tend to believe a balance is best. What I ate today:

5:00 am - coffee with splenda and fat free cream
7:30 am - Power Shake Smoothie with Protein Powder and Fruit
9:30 am - 3 egg whites/1 whole egg scrambled and potatoes o'brien, coffee with splenda and fat free cream
12:00 pm - Taco pasta salad - lean ground beef, green pepper, fat free sour cream, noodles, picante
3:00 pm - Special K peanut butter/chocolate bar
6:30 pm - 6" grilled chicken sub on wheat with lettuce, onion, mustard
9:00 pm - carrot muffin, protein shake, multi-vitamin

Plus I drink water all day.

I prep all my food, save the smoothie I get at the gym, the night before or a few days before. It helps my wife is on the same plan. I do cardio T-Th-Sun for 20 minutes (interval run on the treadmill--very intense last minute I have it maxed out) and M-W-F I do weights for no longer than 40 minutes. I workout in the mornings. I feel good. I'm about 175lbs, wear 32" pants and have plenty of energy. Saturday I don't workout and I eat whatever: chips, wings, etc. I'm pretty strict, but if I miss a day or something comes up...so be it.

east tx skier
02-27-2007, 09:56 PM
how do you know they are the same 3 lbs?:cool:

Because they are pesky. I broke the BriEOD "if it ain't broke" rule recently and changed up my workout routine and cut out the egg beaters in the morning. I also got sloppy in my good eating habits. Working on getting back to something regular.

Today.

Breakfast. Egg Beaters and a morning star sausage patty (I love sausage and eggs but eating sausage daily ain't gonna cut it so I can live with this soy stuff). Coffee with a dash of milk and a little turbinado (sugar in the raw)

Lunch. 2.5 mile run followed by a lean cuisine and 98% fat free/sugar free ice cream bar (26 grams of carb and splenda sweetened).

Dinner: Bowl of Progresso gumbo. 3 grams of fat. And a hand full of almonds and cashews. Lifted weights for 45 minutes and played with the kiddo.

I may have some yogurt or applesauce in a minute.

Hoosier Bob
02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I ate some crap today and most likely have food poisoning! I am guessing I have already lost 10 pounds by the looks of it all. No work out other than some Ab Flexes every hour or so!:o

02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Alright, I am gonna sit with the cool kids. Here's my day.

Breakfast 7:30 am:

Frosted Shredded wheat cereal with milk, glass of V8 juice, slice of cantaloupe, glass of grape fruit juice and a LARGE glass of water.

11:00 snack: one banana, small glass of water

1:00 snack, hand full of pitted dates. small glass of water

LUNCH 2:30 slimfast shake, glass of OJ, slice of pineapple. LARGE glass of water.

Dinner 6:00 Two eggs over easy fried in olive oil, no butter. Two slices of wheat toast, dry, no butter. 1 serving of fresh green beans, 1 serving of baby carrots. handfull of raisins for desert. Glass of milk, and a glass of water.

Bedtime snack. Dannon yogurt, raspberry. glass of water.

Hows that sound? decent diet for a 34 yr old at 200 lbs?

THis is pretty typical of how I eat during the week. Dinner may vary a bit. The weekends are different dinners, as Ms. UMP is here and we cook different things or eat with my parents usually on sunday.

shepherd
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Speaking of giving up sodas... I drink about 2 or 3 diet sodas a day. I wonder if that's bad for me and should I drink juice instead? But then I decide that I don't need the extra calories from juice and the diet sodas have 0 calories. It still doesn't seem right though. :cool:

MarkP
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
OK, This thread is for motivation! hit the bike, hit the weights, hit the gym, hit the treadmill, hit the whatever, just get moving! Feel that guilt? Feel it?

Talk to me peeps!
No guilt for me my brother! I’m down two pounds http://www.glocktalk.com/images/smilies/mgoodscales.giffrom my summer weight! I’ve been 07 spring training from June of 06!!! Hit IT!! HEII YES!!! If it moves HIT IT!! If it don’t, give it some shorts! Ah, then hit it!http://server5.dedicateduk.com/~ace/thb/smilies/premium/_bikeaccident.gif!!

SkiDog
02-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Thats the ONLY excercise Harold gets.... dropping the kids off at the pool!:D :D :D

02-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Thats the ONLY excercise Harold gets.... dropping the kids off at the pool!:D :D
Your probably right, I am sure he has invented some secret device for applying teak oil using a cordless drill or weedwacker. :rolleyes:

:D

Willski
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Speaking of giving up sodas... I drink about 2 or 3 diet sodas a day. I wonder if that's bad for me and should I drink juice instead? But then I decide that I don't need the extra calories from juice and the diet sodas have 0 calories. It still doesn't seem right though. :cool:

I'm the same way. Caffeine addiction. I am trying to cut back and drink more water. It has been tough. Also trying to cut back on alcohol!! That one is even tougher. Been working out too.

shepherd
02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, I even drink caffeine-free diet soda. No sugar, no caffeine, nothing bad at all. Right???

Looking at the label now. Hmmm, what the heck are "phenylketonurics" :confused:

Sodar
02-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Well, I even drink caffeine-free diet soda. No sugar, no caffeine, nothing bad at all. Right???

I used to drink Coke all the time... I was not addicted to caffine or anything, I just liked the taste, but when I started reading the label for contents, it grossed me out... needless to say I now consume about 3 to 4 Pint Bottles of water per day!

Maristar210
02-28-2007, 11:25 AM
3 Mile this morning at 5:30. Went to see the Doc and he was surprised at the amount of weight lost in the last 30 days and that my BP was down to permissable levels. All derived from starting running again. The dog is happier too. (He's my running partner).

BTW, In a Chris Rock voice:
Who the hell needs a dog collar?

Maristar210
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM

I used to live on Diet pepsi. it's all I ever drank except for beer.

Since I quit I no longer have any stomach problems from the acid in all soda. I have also realized that drink a case of soda a week is expensive. Tap water is free, it's good for you. 70-80 ounces of clear uncarbonated liquid a day is what my doctor prescribes for me. When I ask what other than water fits that category he says none. Drink lots of water it flushes your kidneys and cleanses the inpurities (see poisons) from your system. I have some coffee in the AM followed by water all day and perhaps some Milk juice in the evening. My stomach problems are history.

pq2
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I was tired of not being able to have 6 or 8 passes on the course, also to get pain in my back so I started going to the gym two months ago. The results are great and I have much better sessions on the course. Now im working on 28off@34mph. Also there is an excercise at the end of the andy mapples video with the rope that had helped me with my position.

bcampbe7
02-28-2007, 03:15 PM
I used to live on Diet pepsi. it's all I ever drank except for beer.

Since I quit I no longer have any stomach problems from the acid in all soda. ...

x2...

I used to get horrible gut aches from Pepsi. Haven't had Pepsi (or any cola for that matter) in over a year and have also had no gut aches. :cool:

BriEOD
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
3 Mile this morning at 5:30. Went to see the Doc and he was surprised at the amount of weight lost in the last 30 days and that my BP was down to permissable levels. All derived from starting running again. The dog is happier too. (He's my running partner).

BTW, In a Chris Rock voice:
Who the hell needs a dog collar?
Good news bro!

Harvey
02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Working out has made me feel like a new man.

I started working out with Liz (fiance) the first week of Feb. We start everyday (5 days a week) with an ab workout, mine involves 200-300 crunches, situps, etc. We work legs two days a week, arms and shoulders two days a week, and back one day a week. I follow each of the five days up with 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, bike, or eliptical. I have dropped 13 lbs in under 4 weeks and I am starting to see muscle definition again. I want to drop another 17-22 lbs before I start to bulk up muscle.

I fully expect to see the results in my boarding this summer. I have some new tricks to learn.

JKTX21
02-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Way to go Harvey. I have slacked of on working out, not by choice though! I have a 2 hour commute and we work 12-14 hours = I only have time for sleep!

shepherd
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Working out has made me feel like a new man.

I started working out with Liz (fiance) the first week of Feb. We start everyday (5 days a week) with an ab workout, mine involves 200-300 crunches, situps, etc. We work legs two days a week, arms and shoulders two days a week, and back one day a week. I follow each of the five days up with 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, bike, or eliptical. I have dropped 13 lbs in under 4 weeks and I am starting to see muscle definition again. I want to drop another 17-22 lbs before I start to bulk up muscle.

I fully expect to see the results in my boarding this summer. I have some new tricks to learn.

Awesome! UMP, this is a great thread. It helps the motivation to read about other people hitting it. I was just thinking about taking the night off, but I'm closing up the office and hitting the gym. This is leg night - going to the squat rack...this is going to hurt. :( :cool:

Maristar210
03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Did 2+ miles in the freezing rain this morning :rolleyes:

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Alright im planning on doing a major lifestyle change. Going to start getting striter with my diet. What are some good snack or inbetween meals?

M-Funf
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
OK Chris Knight :D Remember that movie?

"Self-realization. I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?" 8p.......

"Can you hammer a 6" spike through a board with your............?" :rolleyes:

But, I digress...I'm hitting the gym twice a week as a start. It wasn't a New Year's resolution, just a request from my wife to go to the gym with her.

I do 40 minutes of cardio, and about 20-30 minutes of weights. The toughest part is that we go to the gym at 4:30 AM :eek:

sanjuan23
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Progress report....
Since we bought the Eliptical and the Bowflex I have been consistantly working out 3 days on 1 day off.

Day 1 - Chest and Shoulders 25-35 Mins.
Day 2 - Arms and Back 20-25 Mins.
Day 3 - Trunk and Legs 25-30 Mins.

Since I am attempting to build muscle and endurance I am doing three sets of each exercise to fatigue and getting on the elipitical or rowing on the Bowflex for 15-20 Minutes.

Bonus so far sleeping much better, not feeling lethargic and much more energy through the day.

Eating habits havent really changed all that much although I never considered myself to have horrible habits to begin with except on the weekends. Alcohol has been cut back to 2 nights a week. Attempting to cut out the Diet Cokes but definitely throwing back 2-3 liters of water per day. I guess all I can do is stick to this regime and see where it takes me.

Chief
03-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I work out five days a week to just stay "big boned"!

MarkP
03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Alright im planning on doing a major lifestyle change. Going to start getting striter with my diet. What are some good snack or inbetween meals?
I usually start with a ham! Then a nap! !

03-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, I did my excercise ruitine again tonite. Feel great! :D anyone else with me?

Slinkyredfoot
03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Well, I did my excercise ruitine again tonite. Feel great! :D anyone else with me?

Yea I am, I have, beleive it or not, I am getting into to this workout thing I have been doing, After 6 weeks I can see and feel the results, This is a good thing....:D

cbryan70
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
been working out for two weeks and changed my diet slightly. down 5 pounds.15 more to go

Leroy
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
That is a heck of a long time to work out....take a break! ;)

I did 25 minutes on the treadmill and weights tonight at my work. Nice to walk down the hall work out, shower and leave.

been working out for two weeks and changed my diet slightly. down 5 pounds.15 more to go

BriEOD
03-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I usually start with a ham!http://www.ninjamicros.com/forums/images/smilies/fridge.gif! Then a nap!http://www.ninjamicros.com/forums/images/smilies/couchsleep.gif !

Yeah, yeah. Where is your bike? Heard your new favorite movie is Rad, rather than Secret Spot.

Maristar210
03-02-2007, 08:02 AM
3 Miles this morning on this slippery, icy, crusty, crap roads in our nighborhood next to the still frozen river:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

03-02-2007, 09:32 AM
That is a heck of a long time to work out....take a break! ;)

I did 25 minutes on the treadmill and weights tonight at my work. Nice to walk down the hall work out, shower and leave.
are you lucky! free gym facilities! wah! :rolleyes:

shepherd
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Remember, when on a hard workout program, rest is just as important. Took the night off yesterday, went out to dinner and came home and watched TV on the couch. Going back to the gym tonight

PaulW
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Good thread, getting me motovated to do more. I have been going to the ymca at least once a week, time to do some more.
The back has been acting up and have been trying to get that better before I push it hard.
I am down 10 lbs so far this year, but have another 20 to go

shepherd
03-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Progress report....
Since we bought the Eliptical and the Bowflex I have been consistantly working out 3 days on 1 day off.

Day 1 - Chest and Shoulders 25-35 Mins.
Day 2 - Arms and Back 20-25 Mins.
Day 3 - Trunk and Legs 25-30 Mins.

Since I am attempting to build muscle and endurance I am doing three sets of each exercise to fatigue and getting on the elipitical or rowing on the Bowflex for 15-20 Minutes.

Good routine sj. I split the body up too but probably do less cardio than you. Here's mine:

Day 1 - Chest and triceps
Day 2 - Legs and shoulders
Day 3 - Back and biceps
Day 4 - REST or jog (2 - 3 miles)
Day 5 - rest or jog or go back to chest/triceps

I don't stick strictly to this schedule but it's what I shoot for. I do mostly free weights, 2 to 4 exercises per body part, 4 to 5 sets per exercise progressively increasing the weight so I can barely do 6 reps on the last/heaviest set. I picked up this routine at the gym years ago, so it may be "old school" now. It's basically a muscle-building program (O2BESOHUGE!!!! 8p ) I do abs separately in my office during lunch 3 or 4 times a week. For cardio, I just go running a couple days a week.

And after all this, I know my muscles won't be ready for the shock of the first waterski set of the spring :(

Hoosier Bob
03-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Does it count if I have to walk past all of the fitness equipment to get to the frige?:o

MarkP
03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Does it count if I have to walk past all of the fitness equipment to get to the frige?:o
It depends on how many times you do it and if you do a deep knee bend each time you get to the fridge???

MarkP
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, yeah. Where is your bike? Heard your new favorite movie is Rad, rather than Secret Spot.Ah, Yep ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo33VCa2j0Y&NR

Maristar210
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Ah, Yep ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo33VCa2j0Y&NR

Sweet (I sound like some stupid kid) Video. I like the wall bounce on the right hand turn.....

stevo137
03-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Good thread all.

I'm down almost 25 lbs since November seem to be holding on to the muscle.

I am back to healthy eating and a good excercise program. Mostly vegetarian as I did for many years.

The best thing that I did was invest a bit more $$ in a good elliptical machine (Life Fitness) and I will never go back to a treadmill.

The key for me is finding a routine that I enjoy doing and that is most effective in the shortest time frame per day.

DID I MENTION THAT I DON'T DRINK MUCH BOOZE ANYMORE! ;)

Another big factor for me...

NOW IF I COULD ONLY GROW SOME HAIR!!! 8p

Hoosier Bob
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
"Much," is relative my brother! I do not drink "much" anymore either (for some this amount may still be toxic!)! I am still treadmilling and I love mine but I will admit some of the hills (4-7 degrees) are killing my already blown achilles and my ready to go achilles! Tonight was rough. The eliptical would be easier on them. Hope all is well Stevo!:D

trickskier
03-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Good thread all.

I'm down almost 25 lbs since November seem to be holding on to the muscle.

I am back to healthy eating and a good excercise program. Mostly vegetarian as I did for many years.

The best thing that I did was invest a bit more $$ in a good elliptical machine (Life Fitness) and I will never go back to a treadmill.

The key for me is finding a routine that I enjoy doing and that is most effective in the shortest time frame per day.

DID I MENTION THAT I DON'T DRINK MUCH BOOZE ANYMORE! ;)

Another big factor for me...

NOW IF I COULD ONLY GROW SOME HAIR!!! 8p

Great job Stevo...........Stay after it..........:D

03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Rock on Stevo! if you want hair growth, try putting some chia pet on your head, then when it grows in, spray paint it black. Good to go my friend!:D

I am going to get some excercise today. we got pounded with snow the last few days, and I was too busy to deal with it. So I am going out to shovel, snow blow, and plow. Gotta get some off a roof too, so I will get my excercise today! :)

who is with me?

MarkP
03-03-2007, 09:52 AM
Sweet (I sound like some stupid kid) Video. I like the wall bounce on the right hand turn.....
LOL,
You sure do.. Nothing wrong with that though!! Look at some of the other “Free Ride” vids while your over there.. I’ve got a good full length on the way from my bud. Cant wait!! He tells me its “Sweet”!!!
Its funny, almost every time I get home from riding, René asks me “if I caught it today” … She thinks I’m out chasing my youth..

Willski
03-03-2007, 10:12 AM

I'm thinking the same thing. I get bored at work and hit the vending machine. Nothing really good in there. Pretzels aren't bad if you watch the sodium. Really the best in between meal snacks would be fruits or vegetables. I like carrots/celery, so it helps.

michael freeman
03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Man I tried to join the exercise and diet club last week with poor results. But then again I didn't post on this thread either. 8) Walked my dog about 2 miles a day on 4 of the 7 days, but didn't watch what I ate, so no love on the scales for that week.

Jumping back in again this week and was curious about the elliptical machines. Who makes a good one?

shepherd
03-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I was wondering about the elliptical machines myself. Has anybody had any good results using one? I tried one in the gym once but it seemed too easy. No pain, no gain.

PaulW
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I like the elliptical machines a lot. The Ymca has them, but I don't know the brand. I put the resistance level up to 20 today, which is nothing compared to what they can go up to, and I felt a lot of pain.
Going back and working out on the treadmill after being on an elliptical has a lot more of a pounding effect on the body.

Leroy
03-03-2007, 01:07 PM
An apple, banana, yogurt, grapefruit, peach......I was vegetarian for 3 years and lost 50 pounds. Quit and gained it back. It's hard to eat too much if you focus on fruits and vegetables.

PendO
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
ey hUMP, I need to drop 25# more before the summer, I dropped 15 on changing my eating habits and 5# more since I started working out, eating habbits alone was not taking it off fast enough, so I am now using the eleptical machine downstairs just did a 5.5Mile 732cal workout for 45:20, now I can sit at my tmc chair and post bs while my heart rate slows down ... my wife is Prego and won't be able to do any triathlons this summer, I want to use her Zipp wheels on my bike, but I gotta get below 200#, so 195 is my goal weight, which would put me at a senior in highschool:) Stay away from white flour and sugar (pop, juice, etc) seems to help me .. I don't really care for the taste of water, so my vice is diet pop.

Leroy
03-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Pendo; I did tri's for years, great going! I have a softride I want to sell because I don't think I'll do another tri for many years.

JohnnyB
03-04-2007, 08:16 AM
ey hUMP, I need to drop 25# more before the summer, I dropped 15 on changing my eating habits and 5# more since I started working out, eating habbits alone was not taking it off fast enough, so I am now using the eleptical machine downstairs just did a 5.5Mile 732cal workout for 45:20, now I can sit at my tmc chair and post bs while my heart rate slows down ... my wife is Prego and won't be able to do any triathlons this summer, I want to use her Zipp wheels on my bike, but I gotta get below 200#, so 195 is my goal weight, which would put me at a senior in highschool:) Stay away from white flour and sugar (pop, juice, etc) seems to help me .. I don't really care for the taste of water, so my vice is diet pop.

Crystal light makes packets that you add to water bottles....breaks up mundane water. They've got green tea, lemonade, rasberry lemonade, rasberry green tea and others.

JohnnyB
03-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Crystal light makes packets that you add to water bottles....breaks up mundane water. They've got green tea, lemonade, rasberry lemonade, rasberry green tea and others.

Better living through chemistry :confused:

03-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Pendo, rock on my friend. you will get there, just stick with it. I am doing the healthy breakfast right now, gonna excercise after I eat. Then got to do some chores. I ate at my parents last night, had steaks. Even though we had steaks, I watched my portions. 2 drink limit. no munchies to got along with it. Just keep up that eatinga nd excercise, dont think about it, and the pounds will disappear.

BTW, you mentioned you wife is "prego" does that mean she is Italian?:confused:
;) 8p

stevo137
03-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Man I tried to join the exercise and diet club last week with poor results. But then again I didn't post on this thread either. 8) Walked my dog about 2 miles a day on 4 of the 7 days, but didn't watch what I ate, so no love on the scales for that week.

Jumping back in again this week and was curious about the elliptical machines. Who makes a good one?

We looked at many, read reviews and finally decided on the Life Fitness X3 with the basic workout panel.

It is extremely quiet, has a very natural stride and a very good warranty.

It's the type of machine that really makes me want to use it and I can't believe how fast 20-30 minutes flies by when using it.

Here's a link for the X3. Click on the basic workout panel, that's really all that you need.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/x3

BTW, regarding price, they generally don't discount these but we bought a 2006 model just as the 07's were hitting the floor and got a great deal that included delivery, assembly, 5 year warranty and a mat.

stevo137
03-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I was wondering about the elliptical machines myself. Has anybody had any good results using one? I tried one in the gym once but it seemed too easy. No pain, no gain.

Shep, I just posted regarding the Life Fitness. YOU WANT PAIN?! The 30minute challenge workout on the X3 probably cannot be completed by most people.
There are 16 level of resistance and you cannot outgrow this machine.

IMO, it burns as much if not more calories than running on a treadmill with much less shock to the body.

03-04-2007, 10:36 AM
:) I can agree with Stevo, a eliptical machine can seriously kick your arse shep! I have used them before, and I agree with Steve, that you cant "out grow" them. If you "max out" on one of those, you will be in such awesome physical cond. that you wont need anything further. You just gotta turn up the resistance on it. It will kick your arse!:)

03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Alright, excercise routine is done! who's with me? come on, someone must have gotten off their duff and excercised today! speak up! Spring is coming! we gots to get in shape! Gotta get them core/abs/midsection strong for skiing and my journey in barefooting. :D

shepherd
03-04-2007, 12:24 PM
I guess I didn't crank it up enough the one time I tried it. I was already heading out of the gym when I tried it so didn't stick around long enough to give it a chance. I got pain. :o I was looking for something for my wife, who doesn't like the gym, doesn't like exercise classes, and doesn't like to run. :cool:

michael freeman
03-04-2007, 01:10 PM
We looked at many, read reviews and finally decided on the Life Fitness X3 with the basic workout panel.

It is extremely quiet, has a very natural stride and a very good warranty.

It's the type of machine that really makes me want to use it and I can't believe how fast 20-30 minutes flies by when using it.

Here's a link for the X3. Click on the basic workout panel, that's really all that you need.

http://us.home.lifefitness.com/content.cfm/x3

BTW, regarding price, they generally don't discount these but we bought a 2006 model just as the 07's were hitting the floor and got a great deal that included delivery, assembly, 5 year warranty and a mat.

I was amazed how everyone I found online had the same price. Life Fitness must really kill anyone that drifts below a set price. They also all charge $350 for shipping, which means I don’t really save anything by ordering online.

I think I am going to go by the local store and see what they have in stock and which model would work best for me. I don't like the cost of the Life Fitness machines, but everyone on line seems to think highly of them. (even the Precor shops) I need to do something to burn some calories, and from what you and UMP say, this type of workout does a good job at providing a good workout and is low impact.

… I didn’t want that Sky Ski this month anyway. :(

bcampbe7
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Threadjack on...

For anyone interested in an elliptical machine, this is a great one. Very solid construction and very smooth operation.

It is also for sale. :o

Exercising indoors is just not my thing. I need to be outside!

This is the one we bought:
ProForm XP160 (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Fitness&pid=00628645000&vertical=FIT&subcat=Ellipticals&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes)

It is about 3 months old and has been used roughly about 10 times.

Very smooth machine and takes up less space than the rear "wheel" type ellipticals.

Paid $799 plus tax and would sell it for $600. Can't be shipped though, so would need to be picked-up in the Middle Tennessee area.

03-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Michael, I am not trying to sway you from buying the eliptical, but you dont need to fork out major $$$$ just to get fit. I lost all my weight with an old schwin airdyne and basic excercises(push ups, situps, etc...). I am very frugal and dont like paying a Gym membership. $30 a month is alot of change for that. Here is what I do, and its really effective. I do stretches and get warmed up, then I do some workout on the excercise ball you can buy at Walmart for under $15. That thing is very effective. works your core/midsection. Then I do some pilates. You can buy a basic pilates DVD for less than $20. Then I ride the airdyne for 10 minutes at a brisk pace. Next is some very basic free weights, and basic excercises such as toe touches, squats. Then I do some Yoga poses, which are strengthening type poses, where you hold your body face up on all fours, so you look like a coffee table. then were you suspend your body on one hand on the floor, legs full out to the side, and the other arm pointing at the ceiling. Those sound easy, but try them, they will kick your arse fast! Hold those poses for a length of time. I complete the workout with a warrior pose routine, and a tree pose, then I finish with a lot of stretching. Its very economical, and effective. THe gym works fine too, but its costly. I find so much benefit from the yoga part. It stretches you out and really helps avoid injuries. makes you feel good. the whole workout takes about an hour, and I do it 3-4 times a week. the different types of excercise keeps me from gettnig bored with it. I am moving all the time, so it dont get stagnant.

shepherd
03-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Looks like a great plan you got there UMP. I know what you mean about that yoga pose, with the one hand holding you up. I do it sometimes. It's tough!

BriEOD
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Threadjack on...

For anyone interested in an elliptical machine, this is a great one. Very solid construction and very smooth operation.

It is also for sale. :o

Exercising indoors is just not my thing. I need to be outside!

This is the one we bought:
ProForm XP160 (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Fitness&pid=00628645000&vertical=FIT&subcat=Ellipticals&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes)

It is about 3 months old and has been used roughly about 10 times.

Very smooth machine and takes up less space than the rear "wheel" type ellipticals.

Paid $799 plus tax and would sell it for $600. Can't be shipped though, so would need to be picked-up in the Middle Tennessee area.

I'll give you 6 for it. However, you need to deliver it to me. Got plenty of room for your clan. That machine should fit well in the back of your SUV.

Slinkyredfoot
03-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Does anyone use old fashion barbells any more?? I do and still like the results......Hoosier Bob promised me a set of his Dumbells after the good deal I gave him the other day, I have still yet to see them...:D

Leroy
03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes, that is what I have been using after my jog.

bcampbe7
03-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll give you 6 for it. However, you need to deliver it to me. Got plenty of room for your clan. That machine should fit well in the back of your SUV.

I don't think it should be laid down. It would fit very well in the bed of a King Ranch though.;)

03-04-2007, 08:20 PM
SO who is gonna budge? Beau or Bri?:confused: :D

betsy&david Harrison
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Crud! I'd love to have that eliptical. Too bad it can't be shipped or I'd take it in a heart beat.

BriEOD
03-04-2007, 09:35 PM
SO who is gonna budge? Beau or Bri?:confused: :D
Ain't gonna be Bri. In fact, that Beau guy is a little shady I think. Case and point: I attempted to call him 2-3x's at his desk last week and could never get him on the phone. He must have been receiving some counseling from his boss for spending to much time on TT while on Uncle Sam's dime. 8p

Maristar210
03-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Ain't gonna be Bri. In fact, that Beau guy is a little shady I think. Case and point: I attempted to call him 2-3x's at his desk last week and could never get him on the phone. He must have been receiving some counseling from his boss for spending to much time on TT while on Uncle Sam's dime. 8p

Pot meet kettle, kettle say hello to pot........

bcampbe7
03-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Actually I wish that was the case...

We had a guy quit so I get to take over all of his responsibilities as well as my old responsibilities. I went from doing nothing to doing something and in a sense doubled my workload. 8p

BuoyChaser
03-04-2007, 10:14 PM
by Ben Favret and David Benzel

okay, i admit, i'm one of those guys that buys a book to "fix" my problem...but often the only problem it fixes, is filling up my bookshelf...

this book has some great exercise/nutrition/mental preparations broken down month-by-month...yes i'm the first to admit, i've only taken advantage of the stretches, but some cool stuff in there...

i find my biggest problem is getting a "workout partner" to push me...or getting the workouts they recommend translated into a program at my local gym and the equipment they use...yahh, yahhh i'm going on 32 and since "high school football/track" i've spent only minutes in a gym...

here's the link on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Water-Skiing-Favret/dp/088011522X/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-9801140-9902041?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173063915&sr=1-1

any other good "resources" out there for "at-home" workouts or practical things to get in shape???i need a regimen or routine, maybe should just start this one!!!

BuoyChaser
03-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Michael, I am not trying to sway you from buying the eliptical, but you dont need to fork out major $$$$ just to get fit. I lost all my weight with an old schwin airdyne and basic excercises(push ups, situps, etc...). I am very frugal and dont like paying a Gym membership. $30 a month is alot of change for that. Here is what I do, and its really effective. I do stretches and get warmed up, then I do some workout on the excercise ball you can buy at Walmart for under $15. That thing is very effective. works your core/midsection. Then I do some pilates. You can buy a basic pilates DVD for less than $20. Then I ride the airdyne for 10 minutes at a brisk pace. Next is some very basic free weights, and basic excercises such as toe touches, squats. Then I do some Yoga poses, which are strengthening type poses, where you hold your body face up on all fours, so you look like a coffee table. then were you suspend your body on one hand on the floor, legs full out to the side, and the other arm pointing at the ceiling. Those sound easy, but try them, they will kick your arse fast! Hold those poses for a length of time. I complete the workout with a warrior pose routine, and a tree pose, then I finish with a lot of stretching. Its very economical, and effective. THe gym works fine too, but its costly. I find so much benefit from the yoga part. It stretches you out and really helps avoid injuries. makes you feel good. the whole workout takes about an hour, and I do it 3-4 times a week. the different types of excercise keeps me from gettnig bored with it. I am moving all the time, so it dont get stagnant.

great tips, guess i missed this when i posted minutes ago...

yahhh, so what's up with Pilates, do you need anything for it???found plenty on Netflix, but where to start???

http://www.netflix.com/Search?v1=pilates&search_submit.x=0&search_submit.y=0

again would love to have that "3month regimen" for building core strength, where i put in a video and follow it everyday or something...

with my high cholesterol, i've got a good understanding of lowering cholesterol, REMOVE THOSE SUGARS, including starches and carbs!!!that's right, no more dough boys and sweetened drinks...yahh, beer is my downfall though...flavored seltzer waters help get off that binge...

03-05-2007, 09:19 AM
great tips, guess i missed this when i posted minutes ago...

yahhh, so what's up with Pilates, do you need anything for it???found plenty on Netflix, but where to start???

http://www.netflix.com/Search?v1=pilates&search_submit.x=0&search_submit.y=0

again would love to have that "3month regimen" for building core strength, where i put in a video and follow it everyday or something...

with my high cholesterol, i've got a good understanding of lowering cholesterol, REMOVE THOSE SUGARS, including starches and carbs!!!that's right, no more dough boys and sweetened drinks...yahh, beer is my downfall though...flavored seltzer waters help get off that binge...
OK, the great part about pilates is, you dont need anything but a floor to do them. Some people like to use a yoga mat if your on slippery floors, and you can buy a mat for around $20. but if you got carpeting, its not necessary. Just buy a "general" pilates DVD or beginner pilates. I used the Windsor Pilates DVD. borrrowed it from a friend. I learned some basic pilates excercises and added them to my routine. They really help with the strength in the abs, and help burn any belly fat you wanna get rid of too. When skiing season starts, I dont excercise as much as I get alot of activity from skiing, yardwork, etc... I usually only get to excercise my routine 1-2 times a week.

Monte
03-05-2007, 09:34 AM
yardwork.

:mad: :mad: :mad: love warm weather for behind the boat purposes, yardwork stinks....

BrianM
03-05-2007, 09:41 AM
by Ben Favret and David Benzel

okay, i admit, i'm one of those guys that buys a book to "fix" my problem...but often the only problem it fixes, is filling up my bookshelf...

this book has some great exercise/nutrition/mental preparations broken down month-by-month...yes i'm the first to admit, i've only taken advantage of the stretches, but some cool stuff in there...

i find my biggest problem is getting a "workout partner" to push me...or getting the workouts they recommend translated into a program at my local gym and the equipment they use...yahh, yahhh i'm going on 32 and since "high school football/track" i've spent only minutes in a gym...

here's the link on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Water-Skiing-Favret/dp/088011522X/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-9801140-9902041?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173063915&sr=1-1

any other good "resources" out there for "at-home" workouts or practical things to get in shape???i need a regimen or routine, maybe should just start this one!!!
I have this book and it is pretty good. Lots of good training tips.

03-05-2007, 10:40 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: love warm weather for behind the boat purposes, yardwork stinks....
I used to think that way when I was younger, but after my wakeup call on life, I dont mind those things anymore. I may sound odd, but I am thankful I can go out and do yardwork. There are alot of people in wheelchairs that cant do yardwork, but would give anything to be able to walk behind a lawnmower. I think about that everytime I mow the lawn. I know this might sound corny, but I mean it. I actually think about that everytime I am doing any type of actvity that is generally considered "not fun" by our society. I am actually thankful to be able to go out there and mow the lawn or shovel snow, or sweep the garage, or paint the house. We take so many things for granted, I try not to. I am not bustin your nards on purpose Monte, just makin a point in general. dont take offense to it. :)

Monte
03-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I used to think that way when I was younger, but after my wakeup call on life, I dont mind those things anymore. I may sound odd, but I am thankful I can go out and do yardwork. There are alot of people in wheelchairs that cant do yardwork, but would give anything to be able to walk behind a lawnmower. I think about that everytime I mow the lawn. I know this might sound corny, but I mean it. I actually think about that everytime I am doing any type of actvity that is generally considered "not fun" by our society. I am actually thankful to be able to go out there and mow the lawn or shovel snow, or sweep the garage, or paint the house. We take so many things for granted, I try not to. I am not bustin your nards on purpose Monte, just makin a point in general. dont take offense to it. :)

No offense taken my good man....:) Yes I too am thankful I have the ability to do such tasks, but I still don't like doing it.. I even have a riding mower.. I would rather be spending time with the family on the boat, or at the park. ( I used to let the boy "help" me on the mower, but all it takes is one mistake on my part, and he is disabled.) I don't even want him outside while I cut. (rocks and such) It takes most of the day to cut my yard even in fifth gear, I have to empty the bagger 20+ times, then weedeat, trim bushes.. etc... once a week... Thankful..... yes... Like it ....... no....... Id rather be behind the boat:D

michael freeman
03-05-2007, 02:50 PM

I know you don't have to have fancy equipment to drop weight, but I tend to need fancy toys to keep me motivated. I have had great success with a bike, but just can’t get out on weekdays due to lack of daylight. Also the traffic has me a bit spooked after having some close calls (i.e., car almost running me down). The Elliptical cross trainer would allow me a way to do something in my living room that burns a lot of calories, is low impact so I don’t mess up my joints and I can do it while reading a book or watching TV. (It also doesn’t require me to put on spandex, but that is mostly helping the general public. 8p )

I think the main motivation is it is something I can jump on without much prep time and do when watching TV or when I get bored. I snack a lot when bored so just changing that habit from snacking to exercising should have a big effect.

Lastly, I need to get on the fast track. Weekends are already warming up enough to take out the boat, and I don’t want to be the designated driver because I am too big to get into my wetsuit. ;)

Monte
03-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I ride the mountain bike every once in a while, but mostly I do the never get to sit down 18mo workout......... Even if I sit down, I sit up pretty quick, b/c she's into something else........

BriEOD
03-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Planted 40 plants and 2 med sized trees this weekend. Additionally, shoveled 8 cubic yards of mulch by myself (filled the back of my F-150 4 times).

BriEOD
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Upper body workout this morning.

PendO
03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
IIRC my eleptical was 400 bucks from Costco a few years ago ... it is my no means fancy ... but lots better than a treadmill IMO.

east tx skier
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Same elliptical (sounds like) as us, but different experience. No where near as good as my treadmill.

BriEOD
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
We have a PROFORM treadmill and have put many, many miles on it.

Speaking of ellipticals, Beau called me at work today and BEGGED me to buy his. I told him I'd give him half and he'd have to deliver it. He told me he would have UMP fly it down.

betsy&david Harrison
03-05-2007, 08:35 PM
The Lack of Exercise Guilt has come over me. I'm gonna hurt tomorrow. 2 sessions of Tae Bo! Yeah...

BriEOD
03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
You and Billy Blanks are buddies?

jlf
03-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Been pretty good at keeping up with the exercise this winter. Been off my program for almost two weeks now though. We went up north snowmobiling and then came home to two feet of snow. Been doing a lot of riding all day trips. I'm exhausted when I get home, can't get my arse off the couch. I was doing a lot of shoveling and digging my sled out of two feet of snow so I guess I was still moving. On vacation this week so getting back on the program. I am also looking for an eliptical, I have a treadmill and I love it, but I'd like to be able to vary up the workout, keep it interesting. I'm with UMP on the gym membership, we have a nice weight set and bench at home and work out here, it's close, cheap and always open.

shepherd
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Personally, I need the gym membership. There are too many distractions at home. Many times, when I didn't feel up to a workout, I'd still stop at the gym on my way home from work. Sometimes, I'd sit in the car for a few minutes, then start the engine back up and go home. But usually, I'd drag my sorry butt in the door and get started. The motivation? "Heck, I'm already here so I'll give it a shot." I've ended up having some of my best workouts after that.

If I was already at home I'd just give up and turn the TV on.

BriEOD
03-06-2007, 05:33 PM
45 min on the elliptical this morning.

03-07-2007, 08:53 AM
We have a PROFORM treadmill and have put many, many miles on it.

Speaking of ellipticals, Beau called me at work today and BEGGED me to buy his. I told him I'd give him half and he'd have to deliver it. He told me he would have UMP fly it down.
Yea, and wait till he gets the bill on that delivery Bri! UMP dont work cheap. This is gonna be a profit deal for the old UMPster! What can UMP do for you. Moving at the speed of UMP.

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
OK, I'm pissed! My kids told me I'm fat this morning. Great TV they are watching in the morning.... The Zone diet, the this pill, the that machine...all commercials. Daddy says, "So where does Mommy need to lose weight?" He is no help at all. I'm not FAT....just out of shape :)

RexDog1
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
OK, I'm pissed! My kids told me I'm fat this morning. Great TV they are watching in the morning.... The Zone diet, the this pill, the that machine...all commercials. Daddy says, "So where does Mommy need to lose weight?" He is no help at all. I'm not FAT....just out of shape :)

Wow good morning MOM :( ………sounds like a good start to the day…..:confused:

michael freeman
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Dropped the money on the Life Fitness X9i yesterday. 35 min. workout last night and 35 min. workout this morning on one of the basic HR profiles.

This thing is great, I love it (2days in). I went by my doctor to get a baseline and general " I will not die if I exercise, checkup". I have 5 weeks before my yearly physical so I am going to see how far I can go in 5 weeks.

Wish me luck.

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow good morning MOM :( ………sounds like a good start to the day…..:confused:
Yeah, wasn't that nice...now I have to face 200 lazy teens:mad:

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, here is another twist to the story...I've asked for a gym membership frequently....do I have one yet???? Don't even have to guess on that answer do you. I'll be honest...I'm 5'8 and 147lbs. I don't think that is obnoxious!

Maristar210
03-07-2007, 11:58 AM
You look great from here Betsy:wavey:

RexDog1
03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh, here is another twist to the story...I've asked for a gym membership frequently....do I have one yet???? Don't even have to guess on that answer do you. I'll be honest...I'm 5'8 and 147lbs. I don't think that is obnoxious!

OMG you are so BIG……NOT

Ask them what they are doing for dinner the rest of the week?:D

Sodar
03-07-2007, 12:12 PM

What do you need a gym memebership for? My friend's girlfriend is a HS gym teacher and Water Polo coach... she is smokin'!! She works out all day long with the girls!!! Just get out there with your "LAZY" students!!! :D Jeez, do I have to be the voice of reason for everyone!!! HA HA HA... I crack myself up!!!

Tell David he can thank me later for saving him $40 a month on a membership !!!! 8p

RexDog1
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
What do you need a gym memebership for? My friend's girlfriend is a HS gym teacher and Water Polo coach... she is smokin'!! She works out all day long with the girls!!! Just get out there with your "LAZY" students!!! :D Jeez, do I have to be the voice of reason for everyone!!! HA HA HA... I crack myself up!!!

Tell David he can thank me later for saving him $40 a month on a membership !!!! 8p

“Voice of reason”………….god help us……….LOL:D

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Back when I was 25 to 30yrs old, I was only 128. Then came the full time job, the kids, housewife, cook, transportation director... just so you know, I do work out with my kids at school...but the discipline issues take up most of my time so I don't get the workout I used to. Different kind of kid in schools these days. I used to be able to take kids on walks through neighborhoods..2mi but the admin shut that down because kids in other classes were getting into peoples yards. Not mine..I made them run so they had no time to mess with things. So, a gym membership is a good way for me to get a full workout with out my kids, house, school kids buggin me, ect... See my point now?

Sodar
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Back when I was 25 to 30yrs old, I was only 128. Then came the full time job, the kids, housewife, cook, transportation director... just so you know, I do work out with my kids at school...but the discipline issues take up most of my time so I don't get the workout I used to. Different kind of kid in schools these days. I used to be able to take kids on walks through neighborhoods..2mi but the admin shut that down because kids in other classes were getting into peoples yards. Not mine..I made them run so they had no time to mess with things. So, a gym membership is a good way for me to get a full workout with out my kids, house, school kids buggin me, ect... See my point now?

I can totally see your point... its all the KIDS fault! HA HA HA I was just playin' with you! If I was abrasive or harsh, I apologize! :o

03-07-2007, 01:59 PM
OK, I got the solution for you. Discipline problems hey? just chase those trouble makers around kickin them in the arse all the while. You get the excercise you want by running and kicking them, and they get the arse kicking they deserve for misbehaving. :D

TX.X-30 fan
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
OK, I got the solution for you. Discipline problems hey? just chase those trouble makers around kickin them in the arse all the while. You get the excercise you want by running and kicking them, and they get the arse kicking they deserve for misbehaving. :D

I commend you Sir, allways the voice of reason on TT. Keep up the good work UMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Took your advise today...kids don't like me today :D Thanks

shepherd
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
I gained 3 lbs. between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. this morning. Stay away from Quizno's... :mad:

betsy&david Harrison
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Now my body doesn't like me either! Ooooh, ouch, ooooh ouch...hurts to sit down

03-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I commend you Sir, allways the voice of reason on TT. Keep up the good work UMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
To borrow my good friend Lakey's tag line, "I do what I can to help out":cool:

:D

03-08-2007, 08:35 AM
You will thank yourself for it later though. :D

03-08-2007, 08:38 AM
why? sore from arse kickin? did you get your arsed kicked? or were you doing the kickin?:confused:

BriEOD
03-08-2007, 06:24 PM
No pain, no gain...

betsy&david Harrison
03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I live by the no pain no gain system. I just hate going through it. I've done two sets of stadiums, tae bo, fitness toning exercises, and yoga in the past three days. Today was a torso workout. Went to the PT for my back yesterday..his comments on my pain "You're gettn old girl." I told him to shut up and I don't want to hear that again! :)

BriEOD
03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Kudos to you Betsy for taking care of yourself. It sucks at time. However, when you walk through the mall or other public place and see how many obese (not to be confused with overweight) people we have in this country, it is well worth it. Keep it up.

03-08-2007, 07:58 PM
Kudos to you Betsy for taking care of yourself. It sucks at time. However, when you walk through the mall or other public place and see how many obese (not to be confused with overweight) people we have in this country, it is well worth it. Keep it up.
TRU DAT Bri!:toast: I been on the phat side, and it aint fun. :noface: The last 4 years at my current weight have been the best of my life. I am just able to do SO much more. life is grand!:)

BriEOD
03-08-2007, 09:02 PM
That's teriffic Don. I've been pretty lucky and have always been active and never had any weight issues. I go through spurts though. The food is what I have a hard time with. Why is it that all the things that taste so good, are so bad?

03-08-2007, 09:08 PM
That's teriffic Don. I've been pretty lucky and have always been active and never had any weight issues. I go through spurts though. The food is what I have a hard time with. Why is it that all the things that taste so good, are so bad?
Well Bri, I got a theory on that. my theory is, that we are instinctively wired to eat that way to pack on body fat. Its a primal thing. I think we are more or less programmed from a "survival mode" to eat that way. as cavemen, we never knew when or where our next meal was coming from, so we ate as much as we could. I think some of that is hardwired into our brains. those fatty foods taste good to us, so we eat it. Now modern man realizes that balanced diets are healthier, but I think high fat diets help us pack on fat that we needed to make it through winters or food droughts in prehistoric times. and also, current society has issues. we dont want to take responsibility for anything as humans, so we just eat, eat eat. We also dont use moderation. We eat for the wrong reasons. Its a psycological thing too. I dunno, Im just ramblin.....

BriEOD
03-08-2007, 09:26 PM
You have some good points. I agree that humans primal instinct is to eat when it is available. Society doesn't do us any favors. You go to a restaurant and the portions are enough to feed 3 people. It is a battle.

Maristar210
03-09-2007, 08:00 AM
I did 2-1/4 last night running from an unmarked spraying rounds from an MP5 ;)

OEOEO:D

jlf
03-09-2007, 09:04 AM
Lance and I both back on our programs form our two week vacation. Feels good to be back. Now the Vet told us our doggie also need to shed a few pounds so we are supposed to make sure he gets at least one walk a day so that can't be bad for me either, that means I get at least one walk a day.

03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
alright, you cant hide from this thread peeps! Who's bein lazy? who's bustin tail?? I just finished my workout. Did it tuesday as well. Rest tomarrow, and then excercise sat and sun. Get with it folks! talk to me, who is still with me??:confused:

Leroy
03-15-2007, 10:07 PM
UMP: I got in a good 1 hour bike ride tonight, will be sore from this one.

Slinkyredfoot
03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
UMP, went to the gym tonight after work for a couple of hours, feeling good and cool

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2007, 10:12 PM
Jr is on the track team. I have been running with him. I go until he drops. Can't let him see me cry yet. He is one of the fastest on his team period. I wait until after practice then ask him to go for a run. I keep an eye on him then I outrun him after the second mile. I get far enough ahead so when I see him again the tears look like sweat. I know it is wrong but I can't stand losing! Some days he wants to run but has had no practice. These days suck!

No more than 3-4 miles for now!

shepherd
03-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Third day in a row at the gym today. Man, I am sore. Tomorrow is a day off. To top it off, I haven't had a drink in 12 days! :mad:

Slinkyredfoot
03-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Jr is on the track team. I have been running with him. I go until he drops. Can't let him see me cry yet. He is one of the fastest on his team period. I wait until after practice then ask him to go for a run. I keep an eye on him then I outrun him after the second mile. I get far enough ahead so when I see him again the tears look like sweat. I know it is wrong but I can't stand losing! Some days he wants to run but has had no practice. These days suck!

No more than 3-4 miles for now!

Poor kid, I bet he loses all the time with rock, paper, scissors with you.

03-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Rock on my excercising bruthas! you are all welcome to sit at the cool kids lunch table. Easy on that pizza though!

Slinkyredfoot
03-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Third day in a row at the gym today. Man, I am sore. Tomorrow is a day off. To top it off, I haven't had a drink in 12 days! :mad:

What's wrong with you, this is why I go to the gym, and aren't you thirsty:D

03-15-2007, 10:23 PM
What's wrong with you, this is why I go to the gym, and aren't you thirsty:D
He means Manhattans there Slinkster. He aint had no Manhattans in 12 days. I am sure he has had plenty of water.

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2007, 10:26 PM
If I know Shep it was not in a row! I made it twelve days once myself but it took me two months!:D Third day in a row at the gym today. Man, I am sore. Tomorrow is a day off. To top it off, I haven't had a drink in 12 days! :mad:

03-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I made it twelve days once myself but it took me two months!:D
At least your honest HB. I know you quit drinking, and the day after tomarrow will be 3 days without beer!!!

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2007, 10:34 PM
That would be two days after tomorrow!

03-15-2007, 10:36 PM
That would be two days after tomorrow!
25 or 6 to 4

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes! I try. I excercise often and I see no reason why I cannot drink and excercise? What are the cup holders for on the treadmill? If they do not want me to drink why?

shepherd
03-15-2007, 11:20 PM
If I know Shep it was not in a row! I made it twelve days once myself but it took me two months!:D

Believe me HB, it takes a lot of work to get a body like this!

shepherd
03-15-2007, 11:23 PM
He means Manhattans there Slinkster. He aint had no Manhattans in 12 days. I am sure he has had plenty of water.

Lots of Gatorade and diet Pepsi. And I'm hyper all the time...
My wife asked me what I wanted to do for Easter this year. I said I want to have a martini and chill out on the deck. :cool:

Hoosier Bob
03-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Nice package!8p Believe me HB, it takes a lot of work to get a body like this!

Workin' 4 Toys
03-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Nice package!8p
Now I know what BriEOD was talking about in the other thread...

shepherd
03-16-2007, 10:58 AM
An early pic of me as a young child:

03-16-2007, 12:12 PM
An early pic of me as a young child:
Cool haircut shep, you were destined to sit at the cool kids lunch table. :cool:

Ric
03-16-2007, 12:15 PM
25 or 6 to 4 what does that mean? I never stopped to listen to the squealing in that song long enough to figure it out

03-16-2007, 12:21 PM
what does that mean? I never stopped to listen to the squealing in that song long enough to figure it out
I have no idea what it means......:o I never have..... Thats why I say it I guess.....

( as I sit here cross legged on the floor. ):cool:

03-22-2007, 07:12 PM
OK, who is with me? its time to excercise! You can run, but you cant hide. Fat will find you. Lets beat the bloat! Check back in with yoos guys & gals in a while. gotta go burn some calories. :)

JohnnyB
03-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Reaching the end of my vacation. Managed to squeeze in two workouts this week. Have had a steady dose of Bud Light, fruity tropical drinks, steak and fish to make up for it.

I'll bet I gained 10lbs or so.....time to hit diet and exercise heavy to get ready for ski season. Actually have toyed with not drinking beer for 6-8weeks, but it really cuts into my social life.

The Hospitality area at Sea World was great....kids play in the rec area while Dad samples Anheiser-Busch's best!

Right now I'm on the balcony with a bud light and a live band playing Van Morisson, Jimmy Buffet, Bob Marley and other songs in the pool area :D

shepherd
03-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Nice! Where are you JohnnyB? Orlando?

Ski season started for me this week. Gym season is over. I went to the gym Monday night, then went skiing Tuesday night. My muscles were still weak/recovering from the gym workout. Couldn't ski worth a crap. No more weightlifting until next winter.

My new routine: Ski 2 to 3 times per week. Run 2 to 3 times per week. And sprinkle in liberal doses of stretching and ab/lower back exercises. You with me UMP?

Still on the wagon after 3 weeks. :(

Jkelly
03-22-2007, 08:01 PM
The wife and myself started about two weeks ago. Everytime one of use grabs the bucket of Blue Belle we remind each other the count down until the boat goes in the water. We are at 8 days now.

03-22-2007, 08:30 PM
My new routine: Ski 2 to 3 times per week. Run 2 to 3 times per week. And sprinkle in liberal doses of stretching and ab/lower back exercises. You with me UMP?

Still on the wagon after 3 weeks.
Shep my friend! I am totally with you! Only.....I cant ski on H2O when it is below 32 deg F. :( Therefore, No skiing for the UMPster because ol' gitchee gumee is in a solid state. But as soon as the ice is gone, UMP is all about hitting the water!:headbang: :toast:

as far as running....I only run when chased....unless I am being chased by fine females, then I slow down real quick!:D

And as far as the wagon issue, UMP will be enjoying a few black russians tomarrow night I think. Ms. UMP will be home and the Mayor is coming over for a few sociable drinks. UMP is not with you there!

JohnnyB
03-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Nice! Where are you JohnnyB? Orlando?

Ski season started for me this week. Gym season is over. I went to the gym Monday night, then went skiing Tuesday night. My muscles were still weak/recovering from the gym workout. Couldn't ski worth a crap. No more weightlifting until next winter.

Still on the wagon after 3 weeks. :(

Yup, a week of Mickie, Minnie and Goofy with the kids. Can't ski 'til May or June so I didn't put the feelers out to hook up with anyone down here.....just time with the family:D

Hoping to get back here in October or November for "me-time" on the water......hopefully I'll be back into good footin shape by then.....haven't taken 6mos off in a long time :mad: .

PendO
03-22-2007, 10:39 PM
well, I'm down to 216# ... the eliptical is helping and every time I think about eating some crappy food I just consider the calorie trade off ... 100 calories is 6 minutes on the eliptical

03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
well, I'm down to 216# ... the eliptical is helping and every time I think about eating some crappy food I just consider the calorie trade off ... 100 calories is 6 minutes on the eliptical
HOw much will ya give me for two donuts and a bottle of yoo-hoo???:confused:

Im' all in!8p

PendO
03-22-2007, 10:44 PM
HOw much will ya give me for two donuts and a bottle of yoo-hoo???:confused:

Im' all in!8p

Just eat the donuts after your workout ... actually it is crazy, but I feel like my metabolism has some real momentum now ... and I am laying off the pop as I think it was getting a bit excessive

betsy&david Harrison
03-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Anyone happy FAT and 40ish? Geeze this crap sneaks up behind you...and in front and on the side and........YUCK!! I hate it:mad:

03-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Just eat the donuts after your workout ... actually it is crazy, but I feel like my metabolism has some real momentum now ... and I am laying off the pop as I think it was getting a bit excessive
I just joking. I would never eat donuts dude. Never, never.

03-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Anyone happy FAT and 40ish? Geeze this crap sneaks up behind you...and in front and on the side and........YUCK!! I hate it:mad:
Staristar is fat and 40ish, and I know his doctor sneaks up on him. :cool:

8p :D

PendO
03-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I tried a container of soy milk this past week, not bad (the plain flavor - not vanilla) ... I feel like one of the kids when I go grocery shopping with my wife, she lets me pick out a few things for myself ... oh well, time to go get on the eliptical for 30 minutes, later man.

betsy&david Harrison
03-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Staristar is fat and 40ish, and I know his doctor sneaks up on him. :cool:

That sounds a little fishy

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
You can't sneak up on those that wish to be caught Grasshopper!:D Staristar is fat and 40ish, and I know his doctor sneaks up on him. :cool:

03-22-2007, 10:54 PM
That sounds a little fishy
Ask Staristar, he will give you the details. I aint one to gossip:o :o ;)

03-22-2007, 10:55 PM
You can't sneak up on those that wish to be caught Grasshopper!:D
Master Hoosier, your knowledge floweth like a river.

betsy&david Harrison
03-22-2007, 10:56 PM
you two crack me up! This grasshopper lost her hop but I can still ski.......i think

03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
I tried a container of soy milk this past week, not bad (the plain flavor - not vanilla) ... I feel like one of the kids when I go grocery shopping with my wife, she lets me pick out a few things for myself ... oh well, time to go get on the eliptical for 30 minutes, later man.
Casey, I read somewhere that soy milk wasnt as good as its touted to be for us. I used to drink it but stopped. I remember that it said that it blocked absorption of a certain important item. Cant remember what it was though......:confused: IS that bogus or what?
IRON! it blocked the abosorption of iron. thats it. Anyone else read taht?:confused:

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Do not confuse "Floweth" with "Leaketh" my son! The treatments are not the same!:o Master Hoosier, your knowledge floweth like a river.

03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
you two crack me up! This grasshopper lost her hop but I can still ski.......i think
If its knowledge you seek, have a seat with me at Sensei Hoosier's smorgasboard of knowledge.

03-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Do not confuse "Floweth" with "Leaketh" my son! The treatments are not the same!:o
I remember my dad telling me that when he hit age 60. :confused:

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Actually we all know you have just recently been "Weened!" OK, your mom is hot but that is just wrong!:o Casey, I read somewhere that soy milk wasnt as good as its touted to be for us. I used to drink it but stopped. I remember that it said that it blocked absorption of a certain important item. Cant remember what it was though......:confused: IS that bogus or what?
IRON! it blocked the abosorption of iron. thats it. Anyone else read taht?:confused:

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 11:01 PM
I have always been a leader! I am 20 years ahead of my time!8p I remember my dad telling me that when he hit age 60. :confused:

03-22-2007, 11:02 PM
OK, your mom is hot but that is just wrong!:oI told you to quit calling her!!!

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I had to break you! I did it for the Team!

03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
I have always been a leader! I am 20 years ahead of my time!8p
Are you saying you can see into the future? What's the food like?

Hoosier Bob
03-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Fried and breaded! The health nuts lose and die from tainted spinach leaves!

03-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Fried and breaded! The health nuts lose and die from tainted spinach leaves!
Far out! what happens to their backpacks & hiking boots?

shepherd
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM

Proof! I avoided the gym the rest of the week. Muscles were fresh. I went out and matched my personal best on the slalom course Saturday. 32 off here I come!

Time for some dancing bananas :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Whoa! be careful with those dancing bananas Shep! dont you think you should just start off with one or two of them this early in the season??

8p

Congrats!:toast: :headbang:

BriEOD
03-26-2007, 05:15 PM
That's pretty good Shep, almost as good as HB at 1 at 43 off.

shepherd
03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Man, I got a long way to go before I can polish off 43 beers by 1 a.m.
But I'll work on it this summer.

BriEOD
03-26-2007, 05:40 PM
LMFAO!!! Good one Shep!!

03-27-2007, 08:32 AM
We all aspire to be as good as Hoosier.

Shep, I have faith in you my friend. :) Keep your eye on the prize.

I didnt "excercise" on sat or sun this weekend as in my normal routine. But I did bust arse. Ms.UMP and I worked out in the yard and did some other chores. removed the snow plow, put stuff away. Then I did some more chores on sunday. lots of bending, stooping, lifting, etc... my arse was dragging both days. Gonna excercise tonite though. and then gonna wash, wax, polish, shampoo my bote tomarrow evening. lots of activity!:)

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Did a 10K this morning.

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
We played tag in the girls locker room!!!

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 09:23 PM
I think you need to preface that by saying you teach grade/middle school (right). Otherwise, you're going to have a bunch of Uncle Pervy's on here.

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Well, it was at the high school and we did it for exercise. Very funny stuff!!

Monte
03-27-2007, 09:25 PM
I think you need to preface that by saying you teach grade/middle school (right). Otherwise, you're going to have a bunch of Uncle Pervy's on here.

Now thats some funny stuff:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Now thats some funny stuff:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
I think I got me a ticket from a boss there

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
As a good friend of mine says: 17 will get you 20.

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Nope just trying to keep it clean. I hear about enough garbage at work.

Monte
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I think I got me a ticket from a boss there

Still laughing.... I don't think it was a ticket:) ... more of a heads up;)

BriEOD
03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't write tickets...just long reports for prosecutors.

03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I did some yard work and chores, and then excercised for a while tonite. YEE HAW! I feel great!:)

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I let the dog pull me in eighteen different directions for three miles and he's still wired....

JohnE
03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey UMP,

Since December, I've stepped up my working out. Since stumbling across this thread a few weeks ago, it has motivated me to workout on at least a few nights that I would have otherwise skipped.

I just wanted to say thanks.

03-27-2007, 09:42 PM
I let the dog pull me in eighteen different directions for three miles and he's still wired....
were you in a wagon when he pulled you? try that, that ought to tire him out.

03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey UMP,

Since December, I've stepped up my working out. Since stumbling across this thread a few weeks ago, it has motivated me to workout on at least a few nights that I would have otherwise skipped.

I just wanted to say thanks.
Look at that! someone who actually appreciates my input on this board!!!!:eek3: :wavey: Thanks JohnE! You are welcome!:D

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Look at that! someone who actually appreciates my input on this board!!!!:eek3: :wavey: Thanks JohnE! You are welcome!:D

Oh boy.... The cape just grew three inches:D

bcampbe7
03-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh boy.... The cape just grew three inches:D

That wasn't the cape!

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
That wasn't the cape!

It was the Mullet?

JohnE
03-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Yup, I do appreciate it. I'll thank you in person at CSM!;) You are going, right?

03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Yup, I do appreciate it. I'll thank you in person at CSM!;) You are going, right?
I dont know....that depends on if Hoosier bob is going or not. ;) If he is at CSM, I may be in Indy that weekend:cool:

03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
It was the Mullet?
Dont diss my mullet Staristar! :mad:

bcampbe7
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM

I dont know....that depends on if Hoosier bob is going or not. ;) If he is at CSM, I may be in Indy that weekend:cool:

Would you two get a room already!

Maristar210
03-27-2007, 10:09 PM
No **** quit teasing and putterin

03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Would you two get a room already!
You got me wrong Beau, I meant I will be in INDY that weekend when HB is in NC.....when he is GONE.....get it???? :rolleyes:

bcampbe7
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
You got me wrong Beau, I meant I will be in INDY that weekend when HB is in NC.....when he is GONE.....get it???? :rolleyes:

Oh... I see... You are going to take his motorcycle out for a ride, eh???

03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh... I see... You are going to take his motorcycle out for a ride, eh???
uh...yea....thats it.....his "motorcycle"....yea. ;) ;) ;) ;)

shepherd
03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I went WATERSKIING tonight. :)
Time for some ibuprofen and bed rest

betsy&david Harrison
03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Ya know, I really did play tag today and duck duck goose. Kids and I had a hoot of a time

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Time to bring this dark-horse out...:D

What are we doing for workouts these days? Did you leave your workout regime behind for skiing, drinking, and girls/boys?? Hot summer fun?

Are you running,biking,lifting? What is the routine you are into?

Maristar210
07-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Time to bring this dark-horse out...:D

What are we doing for workouts these days? Did you leave your workout regime behind for skiing, drinking, and girls/boys?? Hot summer fun?

Are you running,biking,lifting? What is the routine you are into?

I'm doing Betsy push ups :D :D

Really, I'm Running and wakeboarding almost every day.

kycat2007
07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I have been jogging and pushups down to 175lbs and close to 170. I am probably healthier than I have ever been.

betsy&david Harrison
07-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Ahhhh! the clothes are loosening up :) I either do eliptical/stairs or bike/eliptical 4 to 5 days a week, ski 2 or 3 days if we can get to the lake, and lift 2 to 3 days. It has taken about a month to get anything to show but I'm not giving up. To specialize the weight workout I get 3 one hour sessions with Mr. Universe 2000...ooooohhh!! I'm soooo excited!!

Keep up the Betsy push-ups Steve :D;)

kycat2007
07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Actually hit the 170 mark this week. I have tettered back to 172 but I have drank a beer or two this weekend. I think I am going to have to go to maintenance soon and tone it all up.

betsy&david Harrison
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Shame on you for just having a beer or two!

betsy&david Harrison
07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
UMP started this thread....

are you still with it UMP?? I finally got motivated about a month ago.

kycat2007
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
It was actually a 18 pack of Coors light. Sorry TT members for lying and saying I only drank 1 or 2

LakePirate
07-09-2007, 11:16 PM
It was actually a 18 pack of Coors light. Sorry TT members for lying and saying I only drank 1 or 2
Tall Boys or not?

kycat2007
07-10-2007, 01:05 AM
widemouth cans

07-10-2007, 09:15 AM
UMP started this thread....

are you still with it UMP?? I finally got motivated about a month ago.
I am still getting excercise by projects around the house and skiing. But I havent rode the bike or done pilates since I have been busy around the house. I plan to get a little in here or there. but just activity around the house and skiing lately.

betsy&david Harrison
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Good to hear UMP! Pilates??? That really hurts

cmack
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I could not believe how good of a workout the wakeboard is. I did three sets last Saturday then a hard workout on Sunday. My stomach and legs are still sore.

Maristar210
07-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Mrs. Staristar has a smiling gleam in her eye lately and I've got some soreness...

How ya like me now?